News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good news for me bad news for my Daytona project(check out the picture)

Started by pandamarie, July 27, 2007, 10:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

Saw my Back Dr. today and they took more xrays and ct scans and now they are getting me in for another fusion as soon as possible. IThis will slow down my Daytona clone big time but should be back at it 3-4 months after the sergury, Hate seeing this project stalled but I should feel alot better without these damn nerves getting pinched everytime I move. Right now I am going to try to get as much done as possible, like I can be in any more pain :eek2:. Plus he gave me some great pain meds in a time released patch, He said if the pain gets out of control hit the patch and it will rupture the membrane and release all the meds quick, not going to but its nice to know. I will keep in touch and post any pics if I make any progress before going under. will have to post a pic of my xray from my last back sergury.

Wife found this pic of the hardware they put in from the last surgery in Dec. of 99 just a few days before our 20th anniversary. This happened from slipping in grease at a reasturaunt while pulling a 6 yard garbage bin out. use to be a garbageman after 10 years in the USMC.

Charger1973

Yeah man get that stuff fixed, it sucks having a bad back.  I love working on my car, but I cant wait to see it finished because its not good on my back... lifting and bending and everything else.  Im stubborn as hell though, and I will finish this car.   ;)

Charger_Fan

I've learned the hard way that when you're young & invincible, you'll more than likely pay for it later. I used to lift tons of stuff by myself because I knew I could do it. Things like removing hoods by myself, lifting short blocks from the back of the truck & walking into the garage & hundreds of other things.
At about age 35, my back tweaked one day & it hasn't been the same since. There was one day in particular that I wasn't sure if I was ever gonna walk again, as I lay face down on the living room floor. I haven't had any operations yet, but I've gotten into a mode where I have constant pain daily, I'm betting ther will be one in my future sometime.

I hope you have good luck with the fix your Doc has planned, back pain just plain sucks.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

Good luck. I figure most who work on their own cars probably have back pain. Ones who don't probably have a desk job and make big bucks or daddy bought or gave them their toys :slap:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BigBlockSam

good luck  with your back . it'll just make it more fun to work on your project without back pain.  :cheers:  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

472 R/T SE

I hear ya'.  Sorry to hear but look at the bright side, you'll be bangin' gears in a car that gets more attention than the president before long.

I'm going in for a consultation on mine.  My neurosurgeon says I need to walk more to ease my pain but it only hurts when I walk.  :shruggy: