News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Performer RPM manifold= Bulge Hood

Started by Goldfinger71, July 25, 2007, 09:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldfinger71

Hey All,
I just installed my Edlebrock carb on my Edlebrock Performer RPM manifold.After that I put the stock dual snorkel air cleaner on.It looks good but im not sure I will have hood clearance.Shouldn't I be ok with hood clearance with my bulge RT hood?Wasn't there a topic about this before? :scratchchin:
The air cleaner sits a little high...looks ok though,in particular when I get everything else bolted in under the hood. :yesnod:
I just need to be sure I will have hood clearance!
                                                                                                      Thanks! :coolgleamA:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Charger1973

Im not sure what motor you are running but im guessing its a 440, so its going to be taller than my 400.  I just put a performer RPM and edelbrock carb onto my 400 motor and a fairly tall edelbrock air cleaner and I have clearance under my bulge hood.  It would NOT clear a flat hood, I know this for a fact because I can look at the car from the side and the air cleaner is taller than my fenders.  Under an R/T hood it will be the same as my bulge hood though.  Your block is taller but I think your air cleaner is shorter so theres a good chance it might work.

Chryco Psycho

generally you need a drop base with that set up

Mean 318

Chatt69chgr

I am not sure about the dual snorkel air cleaner but the factory unsilenced air cleaner needs the drop base to allow proper hood clearance.  It is available from Summit---------but---------you have to buy the whole air cleaner to get it.  It's a Ford Motorsports air cleaner--13 inch.

BMOTOXSTAR

I have a 400 BB with that similar set up and a stock dual snorkel & everyting clears. :shruggy:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT