News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Masking off underbody

Started by chargerguy111, August 07, 2007, 07:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerguy111

My underbody is already painted.Anyone have any ideas on an easy way to mask it off while I am working on the body itself?

bill440rt

How long has it been painted? If it's fully cured, try using a sprayable masking film. You spray it on with a regular spray gun. When you're done doing your dirty work, simply hose it off. It turns to foam, like soap suds. Couldn't be easier.

If you want to double the protection, you can also line the outer perimeter of the underside of the car with 3/4 masking tape. Then, using 2 inch tape, cover the underside with wide 36 inch masking paper. I was able to cover mine with about 3 strips of 36 inch wide paper.
All this stuff should be available at your local auto body supply store.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce