News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dead Proof movie Charger on Ebay

Started by Lee01, April 23, 2007, 09:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee01

Yep the upcoming Quentin Tarantino film Death Proof featuring this Charger is already on Ebay! ;)

So anyone willing to restore it?

Still have a good hood and ........ uhhmm wheel maybe....

anyway here goes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-Grindhouse-Death-Proof-Jump-Car_W0QQitemZ130096749389QQihZ003QQcategoryZ6199QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TruckDriver

Was listed once before. I guess no one wants it. I'm suprized HALPG did jump all over it yet ::)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

I see a few wrecks in the background too.

bill440rt

Quote from: Ghoste on April 23, 2007, 11:45:07 PM
:iagree:

Those photos are living proof why Hollywood pi$$es me off so much lately by destroying these cars. There are at least 2-3 wrecked Chargers in those photos, and a Challenger. The cars are erased FOREVER, & a crappy movie is made that will be long forgotten by next year.
Surely I can't be the only one that feels this way.  :rotz:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: bill440rt on April 24, 2007, 08:08:12 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on April 23, 2007, 11:45:07 PM
:iagree:

Those photos are living proof why Hollywood pi$$es me off so much lately by destroying these cars. There are at least 2-3 wrecked Chargers in those photos, and a Challenger. The cars are erased FOREVER, & a crappy movie is made that will be long forgotten by next year.
Surely I can't be the only one that feels this way.  :rotz:

You not alone bill440rt. But watch out. Some fellow board members will surely disagree. As long as it isn't THEIR Charger they don't care. Besides, I'm told these cars are nothing more than bondo and chicken wire. They wouldn't lie to us would they? They're Charger fans right?  Yeah.....RIGHT!
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

bill440rt

Ahhh... there IS strength in numbers.  :icon_smile_wink:

Looks like those floor pans were pretty nice for a car that was held together with bondo & chicken wire.  :RantExplode:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Hemidoug

You guys don't understand....NOW they use the bondo and chicken wire, paint it orange, put the number 01 on the side, and jump it at the next Dukes fest..... :brickwall:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

THE CHARGER PUNK

these cars were not bondo rust buckets tarantino sourced out 8 chargers that were more then drivers :yesnod: , everytime i see this car i just hear the engine sound and kurt russel saying ''get ready to fly bitch'' lol

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

rt green

didnt sell huh? what, no warranty?
third string oil changer

LargerCharger383

"It was one of many stunt cars they chewed through to produce hair raising car chase scenes"

God I hate hollywood.

pettyfan43

The worst thing is that the chase scene is so ..... lame, it is not good at all. I hate to see good cars get wasted anyway but to make something this bad just makes it worse.

Crazy Larry

Does anyone have the pictures from this auction saved? Can you repost them here - they aren't on ebay anymore.

UFO

Here is what I saved.

Crazy Larry

Thanks!

Wow-that is a boat load of dead Chargers in the background there - very sad.

In a movie I directed, we had a 15 minute car chase scene - that was cut down to 9 minutes for the final cut of the film - but we only used one Charger. We didn't bash it up or anything, aside from an unplanned accident involving a camera car and one of the Charger's fenders - aside from that, the car survived pretty well.

If the movie called for it to be beat to hell and back - we would have needed two Chargers at the most. Having 5 or more is stupid and shows poor planning on the filmmakers part.

So sad to see those busted up in the background.

Thanks again for sharing the pics

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69chargerboy

All those Chargers...... Makes me sick!!!   I want to puke.....   :puke: :cussing: :bawling: :rant:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup