News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tried to fire the 440 today! Not!! Sort of electrical

Started by cudaken, September 24, 2005, 04:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Fired the 440 today, won't go into to details there, would idle but giver her some gas back fired and died. Choke was open as well.

When I hooked up the battery saw some smoke off the blast again, but that would be oil? Cranked her over and she hit so I said what the Chevy and went for it. Tried about 8 times and would idle but give her some gas she died.

Then the starter starter to drag, retared the timing to 10 before TDC and still dragged. OK battery is low, hooked up the baattery Charger and showed a charge, then stopped.

Keep the post lose so play with them, nothing. While I was playing with them I pulled the + post. Hooked it back up and the starter started to crank real slow. Key was off and I was using had been using a remote stater button. Pulled that and still wanted to crank over?

Hear is the part the has me afriad. Alt gauge was by passed and so was the fuesable link. There is a sperate wire that is not factory that run's from the fire wall to the starter relay. Last week I did not hook that up and had no power. Hooked it up and had power but fule pump had took a shit.

I sure hope a fried starter relay could cause the above. Next best hope is the engine wiring harness.

OK, just stumpled over to her again. Hooked the + cable back up, started to crank but had head lights again.

I have a long blue wire off the engine harness, is that for a tach? It is a year one harness. While I was grapping some cam 2 a dim light went on and I remembered it. Stumbled over to the Charger again, guess what was laying on the valley pan? The blue wire, if it is for a tack it would fry the ballast. It was there last time I had smoke of the ballast.

Please dont move this posting Neil, Troy (spelled your name right as well) and Chris. Think I will get more hits here.

Cuda Ken, hoping to find a friend or a buyer. ;D
I am back

cudaken

Now after sitting all is fine again, hook up the cables, starter does not crank till I hit the key, light's work?

Does the mini starter pull more amp's than a stock one? Could that have caused a problem with the relay?

Think God does not want to have this enegine.

Cuda Ken
I am back

firefighter3931

Sounds like the battery was flat. Good to hear power has returned....time to lite the fire !   :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs