News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

post up your full moon stories!

Started by pettybird, September 25, 2007, 11:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

i am NOT in any way, shape, or form superstitious, but I had a couple of weird mishaps this evening. 

Mom and I took the B5 bird to a local cruise.  It stalled when we tried to leave (I can't remember the last time it stalled like that,) and it ran a little crappy right after that.  I stepped into it when we got out on the road and noticed a lot more "carb" noise than usual.  I mentioned this to mom, and said that I thought the air cleaner lid worked loose or something.  When I got home, I opened the hood to find this:

The wingnut was lying in the pie pan, and I found the carb stud next to the heat choke riser.   :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

OK so that was odd.

I have a couple of fenders for my Mustang that needed to go into the garage attic.  I looked and saw nothing in the way, and shoved the fender up.  That sent a pair of heavy gauge stock 5.0 valve covers down onto the petty Superbird, and with a VERY loud bang.  I couldn't believe it--I was sick.  I looked over the hood, fender, fender scoop, roof, and found nothing.  I put the covers away, then noticed that they had fallen right into the already smashed windshield, breaking it in two more places:

I'm going to go to bed now.  In a padded suit.  I'm also a 1/4 mile away from the 'birds. 

nascarxx29

Isnt that same superbird that had all its glass vandalized on a moparts post March 19.That would make 2 windshields.One picture is from vandalized and other is full moon Oct 25
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3375290&an=0&page=0#Post3375290

.I know what you talking about I had a crankshaft in a HP 383 70 coronet of mine on a Fri 13 .Break in half.And my girlfriend is convinced .That her barracuda has a mopar carlisle curse.Every time its breaks .Its on the way to or from there.Then theres the guy with the flatbed who back up squashing my daytona nose a little bit on day of purchase when he was backing up and car hanging off.and my totaled out six pack car hit by a truck driver
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

doug  tell your mom to lock the cars away from you

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

wow breaking a steel crank...how?