News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Next HURRICANE 3rd largest ever recorded...life will drastically change.

Started by ChargerBill, September 22, 2005, 01:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Quote from: Plumcrazy on September 23, 2005, 09:21:17 PM
Quote from: Vainglory on September 23, 2005, 04:30:02 PM
BTW, if you ever feel like learning how I afford what I do, and what experiences I base my actions on, feel free to PM me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why not enlighten us all?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcrn:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Vainglory, Esq.

here's a sampling:
USC tuition covered by a full academic scholarship
miscellaneous living expenses covered by two years of working 2 to 3 jobs at a time while out of school roughly 3 years ago
upkeep maintained by the continued holding of part time work while taking more than a full load of classes completing two majors
wise investments over the past few years, including stock ownership that paid off in dividends and subsequent sales of certain shares
etc.

are we happy now?

Vainglory, Esq.

just so you know, I will stop short of posting tax-related documentation. ::)

Plumcrazy

Quote from: Steve P. on September 23, 2005, 09:13:53 PM
People tell me all the time, (I wish I could stay home, do nothing and collect a paycheck).. I want to kick their asses!! Some people just have NO IDEA what they say or what they are even saying
\

I use to say that. But as I've matured and learned more about life than I ever thought existed, I have actually started thinking about what the hell I will do when I retire :shruggy:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Steve P.

You're on the right track Plum.. Your thoughts are forward and you have a fine hobby.. Just keep putting what you can away for that rainnnnny dammmmn day...

I DID have the world by the nads by age 37.. I couldn't ask for a better job. Made plenty of money. Had a ton of toys for me and the family to enjoy. I even had a pretty big chunk of change set aside.. No mater how good you think you are doing it can all change in a heartbeat.. It did for my wife in 91' and me in 97'... Double whammy............   :rotz:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Plumcrazy

Quote from: Vainglory on September 23, 2005, 09:26:14 PM
here's a sampling:
USC tuition covered by a full academic scholarship
miscellaneous living expenses covered by two years of working 2 to 3 jobs at a time while out of school roughly 3 years ago
upkeep maintained by the continued holding of part time work while taking more than a full load of classes completing two majors
wise investments over the past few years, including stock ownership that paid off in dividends and subsequent sales of certain shares
etc.

are we happy now?

Seriously, sounds like you have potential.    After you have raised children (I admit I haven't) paid off a 25 year mortage in 20 years. Saved for your retirement and become financially sound, then you will know what we are talking about.

Plumcrazy

Quote from: Steve P. on September 23, 2005, 09:37:00 PM

I DID have the world by the nads by age 37.. I couldn't ask for a better job. Made plenty of money. Had a ton of toys for me and the family to enjoy. I even had a pretty big chunk of change set aside.. No mater how good you think you are doing it can all change in a heartbeat.. It did for my wife in 91' and me in 97'... Double whammy............     :rotz:

What you just said is a perfect example of what life teaches you.   :yesnod:

Troy

Who says you can't be financially sound and have retirement covered before raising kids and paying off a rediculously long mortgage? :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Steve P.

Quote from: Troy on September 23, 2005, 09:49:55 PM
Who says you can't be financially sound and have retirement covered before raising kids and paying off a rediculously long mortgage? :D

Troy

Hahahahahahaha.................  Troy knows the use of a rubber!!  Hehehe..........
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Silver R/T

ya this shit is bad... I dont know how people working on minimum wage are making it. This shit is bad and someone has to come  up with the plan how to manage all this crap so hard working class wouldnt pay for all these hurricane bills.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Plumcrazy

Quote from: Troy on September 23, 2005, 09:49:55 PM

Troy

Here's a little life lesson for Vainglory (I'm not picking on you).
I bought my house in 1984, what i paid for it seems cheap nowdays but believe me I thought I had a boat anchor around my neck at the time.
I went to the bank to make my first payment as a new homeowner, a whopping $13 came off the principal.  I almost cried walking out of the bank wondering what the hell I had gotten myself into.  Now that I can look back on that day with some perspective I can laugh at it.

derailed

Thats exactly how i felt when i made my first payment. I think i started out with 7.75% 30 year loan. Luckly i jumped in on the bandwagon about 4 years ago and refinanced at 5.35% 15 year and my payments only went up $90 a month. I felt like theres a light at the end of the tunnel. I figured i saved over $100,000

bull

Quote from: Vainglory on September 23, 2005, 04:30:02 PM
bull, you say that I have a lot to learn, but you pass all these judgments on me without having taken any time to learn about me yourself.   Your judgments aren't correct, but they're also not productive to the thread.   You're obviously not willing to move beyond ad hominem bashing of me, and I'm not willing to continue responding to mostly false accusations.   So I'll stop here.   You can continue bashing me if you like.   Have fun, and have a nice day. :icon_smile:

BTW, if you ever feel like learning how I afford what I do, and what experiences I base my actions on, feel free to PM me.

I know what I need to know. You're a 22-year-old college student and as such there's no statistical, logical, conceivable way you can know as much about life as you might think, thus my "judgements" are undoubtedly correct. If you can assume I don't understand you, even though I and most of the other people here have been where you are and gone, then why can't I assume you you don't understand the everyday goings on of any given man nearly twice your age with kids, a mortgage, two jobs and a whole other boatload of responsibilities that would make most people your age puke out of stress? Every time you write a sentence about your life experience I see nothing but arrogant assumption because you haven't been there. You're in college. Think about it for a minute and then honestly tell me you can relate to a man who's lucky if he has six hours a week to do something he doesn't have to do. Is every minute of your every day spent taking care of something or someone? If you think I'm bashing you so be it but I'd like to think you simply need the written equivalent of a smack on the head to wake you up to reality. You simply do not know what it's like to literally be responsible for the lives of people do you? All you have to worry about is Vainglory so instead of trying to advise everyone on the ins and outs of life, try waiting until you've walked in their shoes before you pass judgement.

So yea, I'm angry about gas prices because that means those six hours I mentioned above are now spent trying to make more money. And it's not just fuel, it's everything else because of fuel. I just read I'm going to get a 15% hike on natural gas which heats my home and my water. So when I hear some smug kid preaching to me about cause and effect or supply and demand it only exacerbates my frustration. I already know all that crap but it doesn't keep me from being upset about the fact I have to work harder for less.

Vainglory, Esq.

Despite what you may think, what you know about me wouldn't fill a shot glass.  And remember, I didn't claim to know anything about you.  You go on thinking that I'm selfish and irresponsible without taking the time to find out whether or not I have had responsibility for someone other than myself.  You go on thinking that you know how I spend my time without taking the time to find out how much free time I have between my responsibilities.  You go on thinking that you've been in my shoes when you don't even know what my shoes look like - you've never asked.  After all, I can see you're not the type to listen.  Nevertheless, I think that if you did take the time to find out, you might be surprised.

bull

Troy

Does this really need to be discussed here? People sure do make a lot of assumptions on this board but noe of them really need to be public. Try a PM... :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.