News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just bought my 1969 Dodge Charger on Ebay!

Started by zerfetzen, August 06, 2007, 11:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

QuoteI have no experience trying that, but didn't want to test the theory.  Does that work for you?  Always wanted to know. 

hey
  the one i have is just a canister. no electric. it just holds more volume of vacuum . I've driven that car hard and it works well, never had any loss of pedal. the rod has front disc brakes . stops real good.  :cheers:  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

zerfetzen

Well there you go, I live and learn.  Best of luck.  :icon_smile_big:
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

chargerman68

just be careful another member on here bought from same seller and got a different car when arrived,i try buying from this guy tried to sell a stolen vin on a 69 charger...be very careful....
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Chatt69chgr

I'am glad I bought my car 4 years ago.  It is complete and was a one owner, albeit with a 318/auto/8-1/4rear, but never wrecked and not rusted except the trunk floor and under the battery tray.  I paid $4000 for it and trailered it to the house but got it started and drove it into the garage.  It came with the original bill of sale and the original window sticker.  I am converting it to a RT with 440/833/8-3/4rear and am about 30% of the way along in the process.  You are looking at many, many thousands of dollars woth of parts and a heck of a lot of time to just find them.  But you have found the single best source of information on these cars.  There is practically nothing the members of this forum don't know.  And there are a lot of threads on here detailing how to restore particular parts of the car.  To mention a few: the grille, the brake system, the heater assembly, the rear end.  There are lots more.  Just use the search button to find them.  Welcome aboard.  These things are a lot of fun if you just take it slow and don't get in a hurry and get frustrated.  If you find a part you need, get it.  If you don't someone else will.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 18, 2007, 08:19:10 AM
Hi, I'm new to this .  I saw somewhere where you said your vin was #197458  mine is 197471.  We have close cars.  Problem is, my fender tag which is a repro says 107 at the bottom, Jan 07 1969.I was told it should be closer to 1168   Nov 1968.  Mind if I ask what your fender tag has for  the order#  lower far right side of fender tag.  It's bugging me that mine is off, confirming yours will just prove my tag is wrong.  Thanks, Rob.

Hmmm.. I thought we did that already :scratchchin:  :wave:

Anyhoo, heres a link to the thread where he posted a pic of his tag.....  His SPD is 11/4/68 like all the others around it in the registry....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33446.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T