News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro wheel well trim

Started by AWSOM50, December 13, 2006, 12:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWSOM50

I have done the usual searching, but can't find anyone who makes the stainless trim that goes around the wheel arches?  I know you can get them on ebay but I'd like a brand new set ideally.

Does anyone know of someone who repros them?

thanks
'69 Charger General Lee
2015 Challenger Hellcat

Mechanical newbie

AWSOM50

also , same question about the sail panel trim?
'69 Charger General Lee
2015 Challenger Hellcat

Mechanical newbie

OttawaCharger

The Paddock has the Wheel well trim. Other than Ebay, I'm not sure about the sail panel trim
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

41husk

If your talking about the Check mark trim, Gunslinger does those, I think $150 a set 775 750-0988 the wheel well trim you can get from Laysons 877-930-4088, mopars by Crane 941-322-1121 Dantes 856-875-4332, Paddock800-428-4319, RT specialties 570-388-1082, Hardens 800-633-4690, Year One 800-932-1669, probablt many other places.  I think they go for $185-$195 range.  hope that helps.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

AWSOM50

thanks guys, I am going to get the wheel wells from year one.  But no luck on the sail panel trim?  I don't know what "check mark trim" is, I mean the stainless trim that sits near the rear window when you have a vinyl roof.
'69 Charger General Lee
2015 Challenger Hellcat

Mechanical newbie

Lord Warlock

check mark trim is the piece that goes along the sides of the sail panel and edges of the trunklid and goes around the tips of the roofline as it joins to the fender.  I'll probably have to replace these as well since they didn't come off easy when removed.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

BronzeOnSteelies

Does anybody sell the repop wheel well trim individually? I only need one.
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

Daytona R/T SE

I bought the wheel well trim set several years ago when they first came out. This past saturday I took them out of the package and test fitted them for the first time....The're total junk.  They are made from flimsy aluminum instead of the correct stainless and don't even come close to fitting correctly. I'll be polishing up my original set and throwing the repops in the garbage :flame:

AWSOM50

Really, damn, I was about to order some repro ones.

Are those the ones from year one that you got?
'69 Charger General Lee
2015 Challenger Hellcat

Mechanical newbie

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: AWSOM50 on December 27, 2006, 11:27:41 AM
Really, damn, I was about to order some repro ones.

Are those the ones from year one that you got?

I bought mine from Harden's, but they all come from the same supplier...

charger Downunder

I bought a set of wheel arch trim from year one it fit well and it was made out of stainless steel
Steve
[/quote]

AWSOM50

Thank you both for the information, however it appears to be conflicting.. any other info out there?  I dont want to splash 200$ on rubbish.
'69 Charger General Lee
2015 Challenger Hellcat

Mechanical newbie

is_it_EVER_done?

I bought wheel well trim from Y.O. about 6 months ago and it was Stainless and fit fine. I would suggest that you call whoever you plan on ordering from and verify that the trim they supply is Stainless, as it sounds as though there may be different manufacturers/qualities.

Also check on their return policy if you don't like what you get. --- Y.O. has a great return policy IMO.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: AWSOM50 on December 28, 2006, 05:06:54 PM
Thank you both for the information, however it appears to be conflicting.. any other info out there?  I dont want to splash 200$ on rubbish.

I hope they have improved over the last five or six years since I bought mine. I bought mine at a show from Harden's. I've had good luck with their parts in the past, so I just brought them home and put them away.  Fast forward a few years, I'm getting closer to the paint portion of my project, time to start test fitting a few things....WHAT a dissapointment :flame:  I thought at first it must be the repop quarters I put on my car, but when I put the original moldings on they fit fine :shruggy:

Mfr426

I bought the wheel well trim as well about 6 years ago and they were complete garbage. I mean they were so bad that I tore them all off and went to shows finding single original ones that I could clean up and use.

Hopefully they have improved in quality?

chgr500

Most repro parts are junk.  Don't fit well and after a few washes get that nice gold Japanese stainless look.  I got a set of third gen repop door handles and they scratched the paint on the first use lifting the handle.  Poor fitting junk.

This was actually got me started on eBay...looking for wheel lip moldings.  Took two years of individual purchases at about $150 a corner.  This was before any repop stuff was even available.  Guys were bidding these parts way to high for me to compete.
All my wheel lip moldings are NOS with perfect fit and finish.  Maybe Lasons or year one parts are better,  but Jap/China is JUNK :Twocents:

Recharged68

I bought the reproduction ones too and they are total junk.  Did you ever find acceptable wheel well trim that was stainless?  All I have seen are aluminum chrome plated.

gtx6970

To 2nd generation cars only.

for the one who state the mouldings wouldn't fit, are your cars factory sheetmetal or replacements 1/4's

was the fronts the same poor fit