News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

yes lyle started building his car 3 years after i did and finished ?????  ( it's not really finished no top ? wing has large cracks at the base finish of the paint not great) 3 years before mines finished
   but that hemi is nice sure would look nice under my hood.  Maybe some day  ??????   The six pack will have to do for now .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

i like six pack 440's better than hemi's anytime.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

yes as far as durablity  but you know hemi's draw the attention  not that a limelight superbird convt. isnt already going to

66chargerkid

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Well today is the day.   I go get the car this afternoon bring it back to the mechanic shop and get it started. 
Should have some more picture tomorrow or friday .  After that hopefully all it need is  a top and exhaust .

stuart

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

66chargerkid

Moving day birdy pictures  :yesnod:

66chargerkid

More  :2thumbs:

pettybird

what upholstery is that for, or is it just custom?

66chargerkid

front seats are 70 challenger and the backs are 69 convertible only with decor package. The rest is stock 70 roadrunner (superbird)

moparstuart

doug  I absolutely hate the 70 roadrunner plymounth B-body buclet seat upholstery styles. Black and silver Bench now i love that stuff.
So i mixed and match and found the closest thing in the mopar catalog that would let me look like a 57 chevy    tuck and roll job straight out of tijuana mexico.   What do you think ???? i love it .  The car looks pretty good to . I myself did all the upholstery 6 years ago just been sittingin the basement ever since.   

moparstuart

sorry i meant to say 57 chebby chopped and lowered   

pettybird

with a huge wing

my preprogrammed brain likes stock better, but it does look really nice--can you use the '69 door panels for a match?  i THOUGHT that was challenger front--and I was wondering how you'd get a back seat to match.  that's a hell of a job figuring out that those two interiors would blend--no one will know. 

did you buy the bench or bucket door panels?  i went to legendary to look at what they've got there, and '69 coronet door panels have the 'tuck and roll' look to them:  http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/webmodules/catcatalog/dtl_allcatalog.aspx?Make=C&ID=DO&DESC=&Year=&Page=42

get that thing started!

moparstuart

i just ordered 70 stock convertble only door panels.  If you look the rear ones are already installed  and the fronts are waiting for me to get the power locks and keyless entry wired up.   

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mean 318

moparstuart

thanks man  nice coronet there I would love to have a 70 coronet convert. i have always loved that body style .

nascarxx29

I like the 70 coronet rags.Never landed one .I still have my burnt orange on burnt orange 70 383 N code coronet 500
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

66chargerkid

Ya the rags are awesome! make a superbee clone. Seen those b4 they are pretty awesome!

Ghoste

Quote from: learical1 on September 07, 2007, 09:46:32 AMSorry, but in the '70's we didn't take pictures of parts cars. 

Hell, we didn't take pictures of our roadworthy cars back then, or rarely anyways.

Car is coming together very nicely Stuart.  :2thumbs:

Magnumcharger

I think your project is absolutely fantastic, and you're doing a fabulous job on it too!

And I must congratulate you on your "do-it-yourself" attitude, which is a refreshing change from a lot of what I see on the 'net, what with "big money so-called enthusiasts" (actually profiteers) who pay ungodly sums to have their toys professionally built for them.
Then they have the gall to wheel their "money makers" into a car show and claim they built it, when all they did was hand out the cheques to the various shops.

There is a difference between "collectors" and "enthusiasts". And I applaude you for being the former and not the latter.

I would very much like to do as you are doing as well.
Many years ago, I restored a 1970 Roadrunner convertible for a good friend. Before it was even finished, he decided to sell it and concentrate on his real love, Chevelles. So I brokered the deal, and the buyer immediately put the car into storage, where it sits to this day. If I could, I would rescue this car.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

Thank you so much . I love this car and get great joy from it . I love this forum so that you can enjoy my stuff and i can enjoy your stuff to .

The70RT

Quote from: Magnumcharger on September 17, 2007, 12:43:33 PM
I think your project is absolutely fantastic, and you're doing a fabulous job on it too!

And I must congratulate you on your "do-it-yourself" attitude, which is a refreshing change from a lot of what I see on the 'net, what with "big money so-called enthusiasts" (actually profiteers) who pay ungodly sums to have their toys professionally built for them.
Then they have the gall to wheel their "money makers" into a car show and claim they built it, when all they did was hand out the cheques to the various shops.

There is a difference between "collectors" and "enthusiasts". And I applaude you for being the former and not the latter.

I would very much like to do as you are doing as well.
Many years ago, I restored a 1970 Roadrunner convertible for a good friend. Before it was even finished, he decided to sell it and concentrate on his real love, Chevelles. So I brokered the deal, and the buyer immediately put the car into storage, where it sits to this day. If I could, I would rescue this car.

I was at a car show over the weekend. You would be surprised when you ask people about their car and they haven't got a clue. I asked one guy about the valance corners with no seams and he's like I didn't know that's how my body man did it. I ran on to another guy that drove in the Power Tour with a 442. I asked what kind of gear and milage he was getting......same thing ...I don't know I just fill up when I need gas  :slap:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pettybird

ha mom forgets what gears she's running, and which cars have which (B5 bird 3.23, 999 bird 3.54, daytona 3.55, so it is a bit confusing) but trust me, she loves the cars.

we also give out "12mpg" as our stock gas mileage answer.  i haven't measured in years.  like talladega '99 years.  the petty car knocked down 14mpg going to the DSAC/chicagoland show a few years back, so that's the quote there.  the daytona's 10mpg was from woodward dream cruise '03.

honestly, on the power tour, it was 'pull over, add gas' periodically, then tell people it got 12mpg.  adding up that much gas hurts  :brickwall:

i know what you're saying about people who know nothing about cars...just kinda funny we do the same things!