News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

:scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:  do i cut the kick panels that are cheap or have them slit cut right into the door panels to make them look like built in speaker grilles
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

BigBlockSam

Quotedo i cut the kick panels that are cheap

the problem with that is  that you can't press the emergency  brake on . unless you leave the grills off  but i don't like the way they look without the grills   :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

:drool5:i have heard you can shim the e brake pedal out ?????

moparstuart

:drool5:

Indygenerallee

No, No, No you got it all wrong Stuart, you need to put one of those convertable rollbars in it with the speakers mounted directly on the bar!! The speakers would be closer to your head therefore EXCELLENT sound with the top down!!!!  :smilielol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparstuart

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 24, 2012, 10:15:09 PM
No, No, No you got it all wrong Stuart, you need to put one of those convertable rollbars in it with the speakers mounted directly on the bar!! The speakers would be closer to your head therefore EXCELLENT sound with the top down!!!!  :smilielol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:eek2: :eek2: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

BigBlockSam

Quote:drool5:i have heard you can shim the e brake pedal out Huh??

:shruggy: gonna try that on my r/t
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn:
Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 24, 2012, 10:31:51 PM
Quote:drool5:i have heard you can shim the e brake pedal out Huh??

:shruggy: gonna try that on my r/t
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

pettybird

cut the doors.  speakers in the kick panel are about as useless as speakers in the nose.  I'm not sure how you'll get away with not using the grilles, either, considering Pioneer is going too want their stuff seen.  Also, can you send back the 6x9's and get some 4 or 5.25 rounds for the rear?

Cool stuff--I'd put that in Marty in a heartbeat!

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on May 25, 2012, 08:49:52 AM
cut the doors.  speakers in the kick panel are about as useless as speakers in the nose.  I'm not sure how you'll get away with not using the grilles, either, considering Pioneer is going too want their stuff seen.  Also, can you send back the 6x9's and get some 4 or 5.25 rounds for the rear?

Cool stuff--I'd put that in Marty in a heartbeat!
the 6 X 9's are going in boxes on the floor  , those convertible rear panels cost me over 700.00 bucks  no way in hell i will ever cut those .  I do have the original set that is all cracked but they could be all fiberglasses out with speaker boxes build in  .  :icon_smile_big: west coast customs style  :nana: 

The car is going to sit in the pioneer booth on the power tour , they are not pushing to have there logo showing in the car . What they want to show is that you can put there stuff in your muscle car and not totally ruin the period look .   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: I told them up front i wanted a more stealthy look and they sent the stuff right out anyway  .

pettybird

that's even better!

speaking of radios, I was looking for one I KNOW I own when I was cleaning out the garage this spring.  it drove me nuts that I couldn't find it.  I took Marty for a short ride last weekend and went 'oh...'  I'd installed it before Indy and forgot  :icon_smile_blackeye:

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on May 25, 2012, 10:45:53 AM
that's even better!

speaking of radios, I was looking for one I KNOW I own when I was cleaning out the garage this spring.  it drove me nuts that I couldn't find it.  I took Marty for a short ride last weekend and went 'oh...'  I'd installed it before Indy and forgot  :icon_smile_blackeye:
did u find my hub caps   :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

hotrod98

You're doing the power tour? Cool !!! 
I had it planned to go with the bird but the lady that was going to watch Sandra for me just had to have brain tumors removed.

Have fun. Maybe I can go next year.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 25, 2012, 11:46:35 AM
You're doing the power tour? Cool !!!  
I had it planned to go with the bird but the lady that was going to watch Sandra for me just had to have brain tumors removed.

Have fun. Maybe I can go next year.
Not doing the whole tour  driving over to St louis the evening of the 4th , then early on the 5th tuesday I will leave from allens mopad and head to effingham Ill. . Meet up with the MOpower guys and hit a mopar shop . Then head back with them to gateway . Weds we drive across missouri and down to miami oklahoma . From there weds night i will make the 2 1/2 - 3 hour trip home to be back at work thursday .  No hotels . only two days work missed and i get a free stereo system    :2thumbs: .  

Plus i get to go run the roads with my good buddys Mike and Scott

hotrod98

I was planning to meet up in Miami and finish up in Austin. Miami's about two hours from here and then it would be about seven hours back home from Austin. The power tour might not be that close to me again for a few years.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 24, 2012, 10:15:09 PM
No, No, No you got it all wrong Stuart, you need to put one of those convertable rollbars in it with the speakers mounted directly on the bar!! The speakers would be closer to your head therefore EXCELLENT sound with the top down!!!!  :smilielol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
scott is being forced to put a roll bar in his convertible because of all the auto cross courses he runs require it , but i think he said it would be an easy inbolt type . NO NO NO i am not doing this .

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 25, 2012, 01:37:23 PM
I was planning to meet up in Miami and finish up in Austin. Miami's about two hours from here and then it would be about seven hours back home from Austin. The power tour might not be that close to me again for a few years.
Come up weds afternoon  and check us out , say hello and lets go have dinner .

BigBlockSam

QuoteNO NO NO i am not doing this .

:yesnod: remember, i told you to do that a long time ago . i think it would look great on your car and it may save your life  :cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 25, 2012, 02:03:33 PM

:yesnod: remember, i told you to do that a long time ago . i think it would look great on your car and it may save your life  :cheers:
i would have to see it photo shopped and it would have to look awesome , but i just dont see it   :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

learical1

The big sissy won't even do a burnout. He'll never drive it in a manner that might require a roll bar. :nana:
Bruce

moparstuart

Quote from: learical1 on May 25, 2012, 02:56:13 PM

The big sissy won't even do a burnout. He'll never drive it in a manner that might require a roll bar. :nana:
:girlfight: :girlfight: :girlfight:    :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

BigBlockSam

Quotehe big sissy won't even do a burnout. He'll never drive it in a manner that might require a roll bar. nana

:lol:

held1823

you guys can't mention both "period look" and "pioneer stereo" without revisiting our old friend.

tell the guys in the pioneer booth that they should bring him back for a modern photo shoot.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on May 25, 2012, 04:50:07 PM
you guys can't mention both "period look" and "pioneer stereo" without revisiting our old friend.

tell the guys in the pioneer booth that they need to bring him back for a modern photo shoot.
I could be that guy   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: