News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: Stevearino on December 07, 2013, 10:48:45 AM
Looks like a real clean piece to start with. Tell him to get on here and start a thread. I for one would like to see this conversion.

dan in wisconsin bought tims first project and completed it

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

this is tims plan for his new project

Magnum t56 Tremec pistol grip 6 speed, Dana 60, big block mopar, plum crazy purple

Budnicks

Quote from: moparstuart on December 03, 2013, 09:52:15 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 02, 2013, 03:51:13 PM
:cheers:With all that money you have Stu, just pay to have it fixed.!   :cheers:
Life is too short to keep putting it off.  Wish I could help bro.
:shruggy:  MONEY WHAT MONEY I JUST LOST MY BUISNESS AND MY LIFE SAVINGS  ?? :shruggy:

on a good note i am back to work full time and hope to get my first real pay check this week in almost 4 years
Stuart I'm so so sorry to hear that, I wish you & your family all the best, in your new job & life's adventures... keep your chin up... things have a way of working out :2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: moparstuart on December 07, 2013, 10:24:12 AM
Quote from: 70Sbird on December 04, 2013, 10:50:30 AM
:shruggy:  MONEY WHAT MONEY I JUST LOST MY BUISNESS AND MY LIFE SAVINGS  ?? :shruggy:

on a good note i am back to work full time and hope to get my first real pay check this week in almost 4 years

QuoteCongrats Stu!  :2thumbs:
What are you doing?
Quoteselling used parts again for a new company called OEMPARTSCORP
Stuart I hope your very successful in that job too, good luck...

moparstuart

Quote from: Budnicks on December 07, 2013, 04:56:25 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on December 07, 2013, 10:24:12 AM
Quote from: 70Sbird on December 04, 2013, 10:50:30 AM

QuoteCongrats Stu!  :2thumbs:
What are you doing?
Quoteselling used parts again for a new company called OEMPARTSCORP
Stuart I hope your very successful in that job too, good luck...
thanks still getting  my feet under me with the new company , not even selling yet but I think it will work out great  

hotrod98

It might take a while to adjust to not being in charge, but it gets easier with time. I owned my own business for years before being bought out by a bigger company. Hadn't thought about what I would do after that.  I eventually went to work as the body shop manager at a dealership. I hated being told what to do in the beginning but after telling my wife how I felt about it, she gave me some good advice. She told me to get up every day, go to work and just do the best that I could do and stop worrying about trying to always please the bosses. If it was meant to be, it would all work out. If not, I could always find something else to do.
She was so right and eventually I got used to having a boss.  I ended up staying there for ten years before leaving to take care of her.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Nwcharger

Best luck Stuart. I really mean that.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: I thought your salvage yard was cool. Being that close to the closed track that was behind it I would have had some real fun. Things happen for a reason and I always tell myself that something better is right around the corner. When I came by your place to show you my Daytona carcass I had just been fired for calling my boss a douche bag and a liar in front of the whole shop. Knowone had the balls to do it but all felt the same way. Anyways a month later and I get a call from a good friend asking if I would want to work at her shop for a week under the table because someone was out and they needed a body. After the end of the week the owner asked me to work full time and Offered great pay. Now getting back on my feet and hopefully better than ever.
1969 coronet wagon

Lighthorseman

Quote from: moparstuart on December 07, 2013, 10:38:26 AM
...met a guy on Facebook who is building a Superbird convertible -
and he is just down the road from me in Lawrence, Kansas...

Wow.  Looks like he has a beautiful car to start with, and to be right around the corner from someone who has already done the conversion?  Just how LUCKY can one get??  I wish I had someone nearby who could just swing over and give me pointers...

moparstuart

Quote from: Lighthorseman on December 15, 2013, 09:44:01 AM

Wow.  Looks like he has a beautiful car to start with, and to be right around the corner from someone who has already done the conversion?  Just how LUCKY can one get??  I wish I had someone nearby who could just swing over and give me pointers...
he has done it before so i dont know how much help i  will be

Stevearino

Quote from: moparstuart on December 15, 2013, 11:11:38 AM
Quote from: Lighthorseman on December 15, 2013, 09:44:01 AM

he has done it before so i dont know how much help i  will be
I don't know the guy so it's not safe to make assumptions but none of us lives in a complete bubble. Half the fun of building a car is sharing the process with others. The wing car hobby is a small group to start with and to have another project just down the road is awesome if not for just the fun of going down there to cheer lead. That can be more help than anything technical. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

70Sbird

Just to get this back on topic......
Stuart, I understand about losing interest. I'm there right now on my oil burning POS Superbird! if you need some motivation, call me and I'll make the trip to KC and help you get your car back together

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 15, 2013, 07:45:57 PM
Stuart, I understand about losing interest. I'm there right now on my oil burning POS Superbird! if you need some motivation, call me and I'll make the trip to KC and help you get your car back together
better yet just let me take your pos off your hands    :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: moparstuart on December 15, 2013, 09:45:41 PM
Quote from: 70Sbird on December 15, 2013, 07:45:57 PM
better yet just let me take your pos off your hands    :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

Better yet, give them to someone else who will fix and drive them.  :icon_smile_big:

A383Wing

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

ACUDANUT

Stu, I hope all is well. You don't post much anymore.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

Budnicks

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

did finally get the hydrolic clutch to bleed a couple weeks ago ,  with the diabetes i get worn out pretty fast when working on the car

i hope to slowly but surely put her back together over the next few months .  After i get everything underneather bolted back up and get her back on the ground I can start putting the gutted interior back in her . 

Stevearino