News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

not to short thats for sure  , hoping its not to long   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparguy01

Quote from: moparstuart on February 11, 2013, 03:52:55 PM
not to short thats for sure  , hoping its not to long   :icon_smile_big:

well theres a first time to hear everything I suppose.  :nana:

mauve66

Quote from: pettybird on February 11, 2013, 03:25:00 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 11, 2013, 03:22:02 PM
Drive shaft too short? :D

Quote from: moparstuart on February 11, 2013, 03:52:55 PM
not to short thats for sure  , hoping its not to long   :icon_smile_big:

have to untie the stick that's helping keep it straight.................. don't measure the stick measure the driveshaft...........
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Inspector71

Now that is a truly incredible story. I put off starting my project for years because I didn't/don't know what I'm doing, the friend who did moved away, and I thought someone would come along or I'd have the money to farm it out. Neither happened. I never knew how much I would enjoy working on this car, learning, making tons of mistakes, but learning. I can't wait until I can really dive back in to the project and get her finished.

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 13, 2013, 01:47:08 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 11, 2013, 02:18:13 PM
Crickets ...... :popcrn:

Well, any trial runs. What's up ?
wouldnt hold my breath as the tranny is still sitting on the round under the car
hope to finish getting it back in the car saturday ,  but them the interior is still a mess and out of the car
also I need to redue a mess of speaker , power window and several other up graded gadgets wiring i have in the console .  I also have more seam sealing and floor pan prep and sealing to do . On top of that i want to sound deaden the car while the interior is out .  
 With my heart condition and the diabetes i can only work so much at a time . So I wouldnt expect it to be moving untill april or may .  

ACUDANUT

talkiemopar

Yes, stay healthy.I need someone to talk to. :nana: :nana: :callme: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:  Rick

WINGIN IT

"...So I wouldnt expect it to be moving untill april or may .  "

Plenty of time before good drop-top weather.  :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

for anyone who has a convertible you know there is little light inside with out a dome light

this hard to find anymore rare c-body rear console light has been on my list of wants for the birdible

well i finally found one complete with wiring and c body vacuum gauge

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-CONSOLE-VACUUM-GAUGE-BACK-PLATE-AND-HARNESS-68-69-70-HURST-300-R-T-HEMI-/300864530411?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460cec67eb&vxp=mtr

moparstuart

here it is lighted up and bolts  right into a b body 

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: tan top on February 25, 2013, 12:34:59 PM
good idea  :yesnod: :2thumbs:
retains  a more factory look ,gets us more light and now the kids can power there stuff in the back seat with and extra lighter plug

r4daytona

Well you answered my question as to what that extra button was for.  Thought it was a lighter.  So those were intentionally made for convertibles?  My girlfriends convertible has some bulb under the dash if I remember right.

Dave Kanofsky

I have never seen that before!  very cool...nice score!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on February 25, 2013, 01:54:02 PM
I have never seen that before!  very cool...nice score!
learn something new everyday  ,  alot of C bodies came with them , but they are still hard to find and or you have to pay 1000,00 for the console and all .

moparstuart

anyone know anything about the mopar vacuum gauges  ? are they accurate ? with the six pac and all the
power brakes , air grabber and flip up headlights the vacuum gauge may be usefull to me too  ?   :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

A383Wing

I got the vacuum gauge in the 'Tona...it's pretty accurate ........I got mine connected to a vac port more centrally located on the intake manifold rather than the power brake port that's just off one runner on the intake

Bryan

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on February 25, 2013, 04:29:15 PM
I got the vacuum gauge in the 'Tona...it's pretty accurate ........I got mine connected to a vac port more centrally located on the intake manifold rather than the power brake port that's just off one runner on the intake

Bryan

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  i think i will do the same  , thanks bryan with alot of the 66-67 having them i knew you would be the one to ask  

moparstuart

trannys back in now getting a socket big enough to set the rear seal snugged up and then the drive shaft goes in
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   just needed three people to man handle it back in

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on February 25, 2013, 02:20:17 PM
Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on February 25, 2013, 01:54:02 PM
I have never seen that before!  very cool...nice score!
learn something new everyday  ,  alot of C bodies came with them , but they are still hard to find and or you have to pay 1000,00 for the console and all .

So... I did OK when I paid $45 for mine along with the shifter and the whole console with the neat little padded armrest ? :shruggy:

moparstuart

so your saying i should have bought yours because all i really wanted was the lighted bacl

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on March 03, 2013, 08:55:55 PM
so your saying i should have bought yours because all i really wanted was the lighted bacl

Nope.

Not for sale...

Just bragging on the deal I got on mine....

Ok, so that was a least 15 years ago... :nana:

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 03, 2013, 10:38:41 PM

Nope.

Not for sale...

nice score you never sell me any of your nice toys   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on March 03, 2013, 11:32:15 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 03, 2013, 10:38:41 PM

Nope.

Not for sale...

nice score you never sell me any of your nice toys   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

You don't have to buy my stuff....just wait for me to wake up dead...