News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Sorry to see it come apart like that.  Never saw it happen that before. Dumb question but how many beep beep horns did the RR's come with?  I see two in your pic.  Mine only had one in it but there were two terminals like it was supposed to hook to another or just had it there for stock horns like on a Sat or GTX harness.   Didn't think about it until I saw your pic.

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on May 23, 2010, 04:30:39 PM
:popcrn: :popcrn:  nose makes a great tool tray    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Stu, make something to go inside the hood latch hole in the latch tray..tools do get in there no matter how careful you are...get a piece of foam and shape it to the square hole....(don't ask how I know this)

<sorry about yer water pump issue....at least the fan didn't go through the hood>

BigBlockSam

hey

i recommend you use this type of hp water pump . i've changed out  the mopar paddle type to this type in 3 of my cars , and noticed lower operating temps in all 3 cars .  :Twocents:

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: oldcarnut on May 23, 2010, 08:49:41 PM
Sorry to see it come apart like that.  Never saw it happen that before. Dumb question but how many beep beep horns did the RR's come with?  I see two in your pic.  Mine only had one in it but there were two terminals like it was supposed to hook to another or just had it there for stock horns like on a Sat or GTX harness.   Didn't think about it until I saw your pic.
it should only have one horn I have two because my one that sounds really good looks ugly , so the good sounding one is mounted down low , while the pretty one that doesnt work is mounted in plain view .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopar John

Stuart,
Sorry about the radiator! :rotz: I had one that looked like that. I was driving my 1969 Road Runner one day and went over a set of railroad tracks. I heard this grinding noise and water coming up on the windshield?? I pull over an open the hood and the radiator looked like yours. The RR had been in a wreck and I then found out it had a broken motor mount that let the driveline move forward just enough for the fan to catch the radiator!
Mopar John

Dave Kanofsky

Wow, I've seen a lot of goofy stuff break, but that's a new one! 

Sorry for you, that stinks.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

PocketThunder

Oh SNAP!    :o

I just bought and installed a new 3 row max cool copper/brass radiator from Glen-Ray in Wausau, WI.  800-537-3775

Pun intended..   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 24, 2010, 08:27:28 AM
Oh SNAP!    :o

I just bought and installed a new 3 row max cool copper/brass radiator from Glen-Ray in Wausau, WI.  800-537-3775

Pun intended..   :icon_smile_big:
glad mine was only the cheap year one ropo for 200 buck , but still it hurts the wallet .  I would be seriously  pissed if it was a glen-ray million dollar one .  My glen ray 120.00 shroud  did survive .

Found a factory looking but aluminum rad for 250.00 at 1800. radiator ?  May go with it , my factory shroud will mount to it  .   

moparstuart

moparstuart

well i went to oreilly and looked at the reman pump (just like mine )  and that had this new on with a life time warranty and a better design so i bought the new one for 40.00.

Function is going to win  on this one because i dont wanna spend the money for another radiator down the road 

moparstuart

yes its a round flat flange instead of a cross but I dont wanna  do this job again .
u

moparstuart

:drool5:

nascarxx29

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 23, 2010, 10:17:45 PM
hey

i recommend you use this type of hp water pump . i've changed out  the mopar paddle type to this type in 3 of my cars , and noticed lower operating temps in all 3 cars .  :Twocents:

Id take out that heavy fan :Twocents:. And go with a 1318 flexalite lot lighter and pulls alot of air at idle.Works great on the FM 3 convertible

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

70Sbird

Stuart, wow that sucks, :eek2:
I gave seen other brands fail internal retainers and/or send the bearing assembly and fan through the shroud, but I have not seen one of these crosses press themselves off of the shaft before. Good luck, it could have been much worse, but you're probably sick of hearing that!

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

radiator wont be here untill tuesday  but figured i would get the pump installed

moparstuart

:popcrn:  scraping the old gasket and surface clean

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5: figured while it was easy access iwould change that junk glass fuel filter out .

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on May 30, 2010, 03:25:45 PM
:drool5: figured while it was easy access iwould change that junk glass fuel filter out .

Good dog..smart move  :2thumbs:

FJ5WING

I just caught up on this thread.
Stuart, Im sorry to find out of your troubles. Did the fan suffer any damage? I would think you dont want a bent fan going back in. The new pump looks pretty nice. Ill have to get an update from you when it time to throw mine together.

you should throw a blanket on the latch tray so you dont knick and scratch it.  :yesnod:
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

not pretty still struggling wit this radiator ,still trying to get everything ready for the tripto branson and this radiator is fighting me every step of the way

moparstuart

got it on tuesday ,  first problem the flanges for the shroud to bolt are way thicker then the factory one so the factory mounting hardware would not work