News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tach hookup with elec. ign.

Started by chargermick, September 23, 2005, 06:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermick

I recall reading on the old site that we need some sort of adapter to hook up an aftermarket tach with the MP electronic ignition. Anyone know about this?

Spartan

I was just about to ask about hooking up an original tic toc tac to electronic ignition.  Some one e-mailed me an original wouldn't work with E.I.  Will this adapter work for that to and where do I find one?

Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

8WHEELER

I have had the stock tic toc tach in for 20 some years with the Chrysler elec ign, the only time I have any
problems is sometimes flying down the freeway. But here is one of the boxes that can fix a jumpy
tach problem if you have one.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

John_Kunkel

The Mopar tach adapter is intended for use with MSD type ignitions, an aftermarket tach should work just fine with the Mopar electronic ignition unless the tach is really old.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

chargermick

Thanks John, the tach is new, so I shouldn't have any problems other than finding the time to install it.

golden73

I installed a new tach about 2 years ago, never had any problem with it. Didn't have to bother with the adapter. That is using the mopar electronic conversion.

Spartan

Well mine is an original but just had it restored with the rest of the cluster.  The old board was dead so they replaced it.  It is not an MSD that I have.  Am I going to have a problem
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)