News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ok wtf happened here (oil pressure)

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, July 24, 2005, 09:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

i changed my oil, and i filled the filter as i always do before i put it on. i started the motor and i kept watching and watching the guage but no oil pressure!!!! so i shut it down looked it over for humongous leaks stupid stuff like that. all was good so i started it again for a few seconds and still no pressure!!! so i took the filter off and it was bone dry inside.

it was a purolator filter (their best one i believe) so i threw it on the floor and went and bought a k&n filled it up with oil threw it on the block, topped off the oil and started her up. within a few seconds the pressure went right up to 70 at idle.

so wtf can a brand new filter be made wrong or something??? i dodnt think this was possible but all i did was swap the filters. i would imagine there was damage done to my motor by running with no pressure. i ran it about 100 kiles this weekend and she ran great but i still feel kinda bad about it. any ideas? thanks, Mike

Chryco Psycho

I have seen bad filters in the past
I wouldn`t worry about your engine , it will be fine

firefighter3931

:iagree: Don't sweat it Mike, the motor will be fine. I'd take that filter back though and get a refund. First time i've heard of this with a Purolater filter.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Plumcrazy

I had a Motorcraft filter that I kept trying and trying to get it to thread on.
After a few @%$&** I looked at it, the center hole wasn't threaded.
A bad on gets out every now and then.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Charger4404spd

Next time you change oil and if it happens again, I would consider replacing the pump. It may be worn just enough to where it makes it more difficult to prime itself.

Brightyellow69rtse

thanka guys, i was kinda worried there for a bit. but its a dodge she can take a beating  :icon_smile_big:.............Mike

firefighter3931

Quote from: BRIGHTYELLOW69RTSE on July 25, 2005, 05:04:32 PM
but its a dodge she can take a beating   :icon_smile_big:.............Mike

Amen Brother !   :musik010: :punkrocka: :drive:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs