News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear glass questions

Started by Patronus, January 17, 2011, 02:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

I've done some searching but still have a couple questions on the rear glass install. First, I have to drill new holes along the sides (new quarters) for the trim clips (3 per side). Do these clips mount into the sail (vert.) or into the flange (horiz.)?? (hard to tell from pics) Also, what height should the glass be at? I am installing newer AMD glass. I have a 3/8" ribbon sealer kit from supersoft but dont really want to use it as I've heard it will soon melt and sag/drip in the heat. I made rubber block spacers 5/16" for height and the glass comes out flush with the top arch of the clips. Anyone with experience, does this sound ok? Im planning on using 3M window-weld #08609 for the sealer.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

69 OUR/TEA

Don't know about that comment on the ribbon seal melting or sagging,used it a few times,used it on my Coronet,had it for 10 years,no problems.

69 OUR/TEA

As far as the clips,they go on the sail panel side(vertical),the very bottom one catches the lower window trim corner,the other two,one basically in the middle,and the other just before the turn at the top.

Patronus

Yeah, I used that for locating, used Bill440R/T thread too. Heres some pics:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Patronus

My gut instinct is its too high. 5/16" is pretty big, unfortunately my trim is being re-done so I can't test fit. If anything that trim steps down..? I would use the ribbon seal, I think it would look better from the outside, but I have the reservation of it melting and sinking making the trim loose. Anyone have an idea of a measurement from glass to top of clip for a non-vinyl car?
Here's a great post for others, thanks bill440! http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43619.0.html
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE