News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Scissor Jack Mounting Position?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, August 25, 2007, 10:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Which of these three are correct?   :shruggy:

daytonalo

UFO

Maybe this is the correct way.This is from a story on a 6700 mile car.

69_500

The top picture shows the correct location for the jack.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 69_500 on August 26, 2007, 12:49:44 PM
The top picture shows the correct location for the jack.

That's what I'm thinking.

69_500

It is odd though that all 3 of the trunks pictured above have the A01 light package group. I know its not a rare option or anything, but I don't notice that many Daytona's with it.

Call me quirky but the jack in the top photo looks a little odd though. Maybe its just due to it all being painted red, including the bearing.

BigBlockSam

QuoteCall me quirky   

Hi  quirky . i agree pic #1 looks correct . quirky  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

:cheers:

I was hoping to find a cross eyed smiley to reply back, but to no avail.

pettybird

Quote from: UFO on August 26, 2007, 06:40:43 AM
Maybe this is the correct way.This is from a story on a 6700 mile car.

that's a random box...  it's for produce or something.  my friend steve and I looked at that car...it's been doctored a LOT over the years for 6700 miles.  there is a huge wealth of information there, but at least 4 panels have been resprayed, half the exhaust has been changed, etc.  there were even incorrect parts under the hood.

super track pak car, though.  very cool.

69_500

Is that the same 6700 mile car that was "still new and having never been sold" a few years ago?

UFO

Yup ,thats the one.So a lot has been changed.Did not know about the paint work.

nascarxx29

It sounds like the Dressler daytona from the VA dealership.Never sold or titled very low miles.Except was missing its buildsheet
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Your right Dave, its the dressler car.

That car had an awful low of things done to it over the years for still being an unsold car. You would think that it would be a Survivor, but it was far from that.

hemigeno

I had heard the same thing about the Dressler car, but it is still often hawked as an unsold (read: new) Daytona.  It sorta is, but it sorta isn't.  6700 miles ago that would have been true, but now it's just a low-mileage partially-restored car with an MSO rather than a title.

Incidentally, I asked Vance today about the jack stud location on Chris Sauer's former car, and he chuckled and said "You noticed that too."  He said he fiddled with that jack for quite a while back when he restored the car, but there was literally no way to make it work without relocating the stud - which he obviously wasn't going to do. 

Picture #1, like the jack label shows, is correct from everything I've seen and read...

69_500

So Gene, how long did Vance fiddle with it before he just gave up, and left the stud in its current location?

Personally I wouldn't have moved it either, not on that car anyways.

hemigeno

I don't know exactly how long, he just said quite a while...  Knowing how patient of a person Vance is, that probably means about 5x longer than I would have.

I seriously doubt he considered relocating the stud - ever - he probably just figured like I did at first that the bumper jack was misaligned in its holder, or that something else was out of kilter.  After all, Creative MUST have installed the stud correctly, right??   :smilielol:

69_500

True, I mean did Creative Industries ever make any mistakes on these cars? Aren't they like the hand built cars of foreign exotic makers? Where everything is supposedly perfect?  :smilielol: