News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speaking of Mr. Norm Charger 500's...

Started by Ghoste, August 31, 2007, 04:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaskan_TA

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

Quote from: moparstuart on September 05, 2007, 09:19:02 AM
would make a cool museum  ??????????????????????

Except that it's in a crappy part of town.  I stopped there to see it a few years ago and there were dudes dealing rock right out in the open in the middle of the day.  The cab driver was real nervous about me getting out and walking around and kept urging me to get back in the cab and get out of there.

Highbanked Hauler

Does anybody know what year Mr Norm's went out of business?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Ghoste

69_500

Last year I had thought about driving my C500 up there to take a picture of it in front of the old building. But that is when I saw some of the modern day photo's of the place, and changed my mind.

Ghoste

Yeah, it isn't pretty.  It's cool to go stand there but the 'hood is taking over.

69_500

Does the "hood" have the V21 option?

Just kidding.

Ah I'd still like to take the car up there someday. Just not tomorrow.

:cheers:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on September 05, 2007, 07:51:07 PM
Yeah, it isn't pretty.  It's cool to go stand there but the 'hood is taking over.

Yep, took Grand ave downtown one day from Bensenville when i was sick of the "expressway" and i didnt slow down one bit..  :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

well i guess if it was in a nice part of town it would have been long demolished
   so at least it's somewhat still there
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

That's very true.  I believe Norm still owns the building and property so that may have helped too.  When I was there, the showroom was boarded up but someone was running some kind of car wash or something out of the service department.  The bay doors were open and I did actually step inside the service department.