News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just A Question

Started by 04lbram, September 25, 2005, 03:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

04lbram

The question pondering is this, back in the 60s and 70s when Muscle Cars were around lets you would go out to the lot and buy a new Cuda or Challenger for $3700. Okay, now back in those days with wages and everything would that be equal to a value of $37k today? And would the cheaper used cars for like $800 be equal to $8k? Just curious.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Heres a handy little link to answer your question........

http://www.aier.org/cgi-aier/colcalculator.cgi
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

04lbram

MoparYoungGun

Thats a neat little calculator.

Afflyer

You can do a lot of interesting figures with that calculator, such as what my parents paid for the house I was raised in since '66 and what the price would be in today's dollars.  Pretty neat stuff!

:icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

BigBlackDodge

So a $3,711 dollar Charger ('70 R/T) in todays money would cost 18,545...........................sounds to cheap???

BBD

RECHRGD

At first glance I agree it sounds too cheap.  So my '68 R/T I bought in '68 would cost only 20K today.  I would have thought around 35K or so.  But when you think about it there's a lot more safety features and technology that has to go into cars now.  Air bags, anti-lock brakes, traction control, etc., etc..  So if you were looking apples to apples it may be pretty close.    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Shakey

Quote from: RECHRGD on September 25, 2005, 06:40:02 PM
At first glance I agree it sounds too cheap.   So my '68 R/T I bought in '68 would cost only 20K today.   I would have thought around 35K or so.   But when you think about it there's a lot more safety features and technology that has to go into cars now.   Air bags, anti-lock brakes, traction control, etc., etc..   So if you were looking apples to apples it may be pretty close.      Bob

I agree.  I was thinking this as I was scrolling down.  Big difference.

04lbram

Most Charger's of the 2nd Gen in really good shape bring $25k to $35k for just an 4 bbl R/T unless its a low production figure.