News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thought i might pick this puppy up...

Started by Brock Samson, September 10, 2007, 01:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 13, 2007, 10:25:02 AM
Damn You Mr. Wilson!!  :brickwall:

You are da man with the gold! He is playing games with a one time price and now its this price he will come down again!

If he's got your # let it ride! Besides you should be on your way to Kansas right now for the Charger Fever meet this weekend!    :icon_smile_big:

Todd

The70RT

If you don't get it you lost the money you already invested. :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

We split the difference. I'm now literally a Happy Camper..  :D

MOPARHOUND!

Good to hear Brock!  Great score!

Looks well cared for.  I see some advertised around here, 76-79 Mopar powered models with similar spec's for around the same money, but are well worn by comparison.

First 440 2-barrel intake I have ever seen in 27 years of mopar collecting, unless it's not a 440 (RB), or it has an adaptor under the 2-barrel carb.  If you switch to a 4-barrel, PM me, a 440 2-barrel intake would make a great conversation piece to hang on the wall.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

deputycrawford

Good for you Brock. Best of show camper. It will be an endless source of conversation at the meets. You will be talked about at all the shows as the true Mopar guy with that thing.  :cheers:
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Brock Samson

under all that grit and oil is the truth,.. i think a good presure wash is in my/it's future... anyone got some tips to determine if it's an RB or not...
...the data plate does say 7.2 though...  :shruggy: i'm also wondering about the tranny, if the 727 truck with OD is behind the mystery two barrell motor, my '89 Ram van 150 had one (Overdrive) and the cost of replacing it was a rude shock compared to the regular 727. Approx. $ 2,000 bucks while the  "normal" 727 i finally had to adapt to my small block (replacing the 8O4 i broke twice in the Charger) was $600... in 'early '90s money...
  I bet Todd knows the letter designation of the 727 with overdrive,  I've forgotten,..
  Replacing the carpet is gonna be kinda fun, i can use the old as a template and buy remnants,..
  I got my "other" friend Steve on the lookout for some old '70s style beer mirrors, he's a Bass Player too....  :icon_smile_wink:
  and collects old crap he sells to Vintage stores... he finds some amazing stuff, like my 1957 Gibson guitar for example...

Todd Wilson

What a sucker! If you had held out for a day you coulda got it cheaper!    :icon_smile_big:

I am not sure I know the # of the tranny. A518?!   Didnt think Chrysler ever had a big block OD auto tranny. Its gonna be a gas guzzling pig with an old big block in it. I'd like to have the dual rear rims off it though!

Todd

Brock Samson

well i've gotta a learning curve ahead for sure... this classifies as a truck though eh Todd?..  :nana:
gonna take me two weeks to get my first trip togeather, i'm thinkin either Big Sur or Bodega Bay for a weekend...
though i guess i could go out there  and spend the night,... i could wait till the neighboors are going to work and come out in my bathrobe,..  :scratchchin: prolly not..  :-\

The70RT

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 13, 2007, 09:50:00 PM
well i've gotta a learning curve ahead for sure... this classifies as a truck though eh Todd?..  :nana:
gonna take me two weeks to get my first trip togeather, i'm thinkin either Big Sur or Bodega Bay for a weekend...
though i guess i could go out there  and spend the night,... i could wait till the neighboors are going to work and come out in my bathrobe,..  :scratchchin: prolly not..  :-\

Yeah with a 440 and duals it could be a truck.   You got 36 hours to be in Kansas! You on the road yet?

Todd

Brock Samson

sorry todd i'm off to DMV to file the papers and get insurance today too...
by next yr. it's a distinct possibility though...  70 rt i just saw that link, thanks,.. not alot of info on that...  :scratchchin:
there's an R/V show here this weekend.. ya know i'm gonna be all over that,.. i'm thinking a back up rear camera...  :icon_smile_wink:
sight lines out the back suck!

Neal_J

I smell a ROAD TRIP!

Congrats Dave. 

Neal

PS - Phil gave you a nice yearbook page, BTW.

Brock Samson

"PS - Phil gave you a nice yearbook page, BTW."

huh? what u talkin about?..  :shruggy:

o.k. Found it...  :'(   wow!..

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=28&entry_id=18246

Old Moparz

Hey Dave,

Thought you might be able to use a link to a decent camper supply place. I've ordered a few things from here & the prices are okay too. If this is your first RV you'll go through a learning process of what you'll need or don't need as far as accessories. When I moved up from a tent to a trailer, there were tons of things I found out the first time I went away with it. You'll probably be fine, but the few things that I discovered that were needed were electric plug adaptors, heavy duty extension cords, sewer connectors & hoses.

Here's the link:   www.campingworld.com

This piece connects to the holding tank fitting that you dump from: http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?prodID=2096&src=SRQB

You don't need it to actually dump, but I have one & it makes dumping a lot easier. You can connect a water hose to it so you can rinse the holding tank out after you drain it. The other great thing is that it's clear, & you can see when the dirty water has finished draining.

Of course you can just buy things from the local RV supply, but they are generally more money. There's another problem too, it's the tendency to want the gadets you see & touch that you don't really need when you're in the store. Storage starts to become an issue if you hoard these things. (Don't ask me how I know, lol.)

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Brock Samson

Quick update:

I finally got the interior all cleaned out to my satisfaction, alot of work!
  Poking about inside the compartments yealded all the original 1978 purchase records and recepts in a large blue binder, complete with stove, fridge stereo, C.B. T.V. Ant. Powered step, Heater, and the original Chinook, sales brochures.  :2thumbs:
little things I also found included, after-market Powered Door Locks, All tinted windows,.. All the seats swivel 180 degrees.
a large Solor Panel On the roof which is hooked to Re-charger the Aux. Battery.
Bug screens for the front windows, a perfect white vynal wrap around sun shade for all the front windows incl. bag for storage, a large Tupperware box filled with extra bulbs for all the lights (and there's plenty of them) power cord adaptors, various fittings for water tanks and propane heaters... Hoses and attachmants for the gray water removal and a crispy mouse under the Aux. Battery. (deseased)  :engel016:

I managed to fix the extra-noisy Oven Fan. but the adjoining light fixture above the stove is Non-Op. I just need to diss-assemble an old lamp for that.
I took the Kids bunk out and re-stapeled the loose Naugahide cover. I seriously cleaned everything and that took a couple weeks work.
I've been driving it around the city and found it parks perfectly within a parking spot of 21 feet, but requires two empty spots to manuver  into one spot, doesn't clear trees too well.   :shruggy:
  I have questions still about the Gas Capacity as it's listed at 36 Gal. but seems to fill up on only $30 of Premium,.. A fifty mile trip takes a little over quarter tank, and it's sweet spot is appox 63 MPH, and it back fires every five Min, at 55 Mph.
  Unloaded i drove the living daylights out of it down a seriously winding steep hill and aside from some swaying and creaking it left the traffic behind,.. waaaay behind...   :D

I think i'm gonna paint a large Pentastar and a large 440 on the spare tire cover in back.

I'm really enjoying it!
and looking forward to a week at Big Sur.
i'll resize and post a few pics in alittle while...

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Old Moparz

I knew that's where you've been.  :D

Glad you're having fun with it, once you get used to all the options & the way things work it'll be even better. I just went to Hershey, PA this past weekend with my wife & daughter & dragged the travel trailer along. The hotels at Hershey run $150 & up per night, but the campground we stayed at was $45. It was nice to just hook up & go at the last minute when we made up our minds to go. Nothing planned, just spur of the moment.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Brock Samson

more pics.  :scope:

Brock Samson

;D

The70RT

Blakcharger440

Geeeez! That sucker is very clean! I would say you got a good deal! It looks really cool also!  :2thumbs:

Lowprofile

What, no pic of the "crispy mouse"? I feel robbed.  :icon_smile_dissapprove: :D

Dave, thats a great little RV you got there. Enjoy Bro! :yesnod: :2thumbs:

btw, Now ya got to get ya a travelin' buddy! [aka, the puppy]
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Brock Samson

i went out yesterday and bought some household items like a small carpet and stick on hooks, drawer liners and a silverware tray etc... kinda' funny that the interior is about seven shades of brown from caramel up front to dark chocolate in back... There's this really heavy Orange Shag Carpet in a few covered areas like the clothes closet in the back corner,.. makes me think of Jovan Musk... My first cologen from 1976  :smilielol: