News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Embedded Audio/VIdeo

Started by Ponch ®, July 24, 2005, 11:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Don't know if it be possible here, but is there anyway to enable the video/audio embed tags like we had at the other site up until the next to last crash?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

I'm not sure what Mojo is asking because I don't really understand the lingo, so my question might be the same in essence. Is there a way for us to host mpg files on this site? In other words can I upload mpg files here wthout having to host them elsewhere?

Troy

Quote from: bull on July 25, 2005, 04:58:42 AM
I'm not sure what Mojo is asking because I don't really understand the lingo, so my question might be the same in essence. Is there a way for us to host mpg files on this site? In other words can I upload mpg files here wthout having to host them elsewhere?

No. Mojo wants to know if there's a way to embed the file into a post so it displays when someone views the thread. (The file could be hosted anywhere.) Unfortunately, we already are using up a ton of bandwidth with all the pictures on the site and previous experience tells me that it will only get worse. Movie files are much larger so I doubt that we can ever allow them to be uploaded to the server. That's something that can be evaluated later on though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

I don't know what RSS is but is there a place to host mpg files on the web without paying through the nose?

dodgecharger-fan