News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2016 DSAC Wing Car and Friends Picnic - Sunday 8/21

Started by Aero426, August 19, 2016, 03:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

The 2016 Daytona Superbird Auto Club Picnic is Sunday August 21st, New Berlin Wis.  For club cars and friends.  Bring your wing car, aero Ford or other collector car.  

Starts at 2 PM. RSVP to me. Let us know if you can bring a side dish or dessert. The club will provide pulled pork, brats and burgers.

NASCAR driver Ramo Stott will be there as well as one of his long time crew guys.   So the old stories will be flowing.   We also have guest race cars coming in the way of Mark Donohue's 1973 Sunoco AAR Eagle Indy Car coming as well as a Group 44 V12 Jaguar E Type.    

Aero426

Here's the Penske Sunoco Eagle that is coming.   Mark Donohue drove this car in the big 500 mile races in 1973 just before he retired.   It was later Rick Mears' rookie car at Indy.    

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Aero426

It's looking good.  Cool, low 70's.  Rain is done as of now.   Should have a great turnout.  Planning for 60 people.

hemigeno

GREAT write-up about the event in Hemmings this morning... congrats Doug!!!!

https://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2016/09/15/whats-a-barbecue-without-wings/?refer=news

:cheers: :cheers:

Sorry I wasn't able to be there, looks like it was a great time... 

WINGIN IT

Just saw it too, great write up, congrats Doug.  :2thumbs:
Oh and thanks for the Buddy Baker stickers  :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

Aero426

Thanks to Bill Hall for getting the article up on the Hemmings blog.    Been waiting for Bill's article to come out.    I will post up some more pics from the day here.

wingcarenvy