News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here's my sign:

Started by learical1, January 03, 2008, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

learical1

It reads "Kick Me, I'm Stoopid!"  It's time to break it out and wear it again.  25 years ago this month, I sold the last of my Mopars, the Hemi 4 speed 500, the LimeLite SuperBird I converted to a Hemi, and the Hemi 4 speed 1970 Challenger RT.   :brickwall: :slap: :spank: 
Bruce

Shakey

hemigeno

Don't kick yourself too hard there, Bruce.  Right next to that sign, put one up that says:

I got to drive some of the coolest cars on the planet back when they were not part of anyone's "portfolio"

Or maybe

I know what the top speed of my old cars was - do you know yours?

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

learical1

Quote from: Shakey on January 03, 2008, 12:24:24 PM

:loser:

So, how many Hemi cars have YOU owned?  How many Aero cars have YOU owned?  How many Mopars have YOU sold that you made enough profit to pay for everything you spent on the car, including maintenance, gas and insurance?  Sure, hindsight is 20/20, and any one of my cars would probably pay for one third of my house.  But I sold my cars to start up a recording studio, that I ran successfuly until I got married in 1989 and started having kids.  I had my Mopars for 9 years.  It may seem stupid now that I sold them then, and I can say that; I lived through it.  But for you to call me a loser, I take offense at that.   :flame: 
Bruce

Shakey

QuoteSo, how many Hemi cars have YOU owned?  How many Aero cars have YOU owned?  How many Mopars have YOU sold that you made enough profit to pay for everything you spent on the car, including maintenance, gas and insurance?  Sure, hindsight in 20/20, and any one of my cars would probably pay for one third of my house.  But I sold my cars to start up a recording studio, that I ran successfuly until I got married in 1989 and started having kids.  I had my Mopars for 9 years.  It may seem stupid now that I sold them then, and I can say that; I lived through it.  But for you to call me a loser, I take offense at that.

Lighten up Francis -  ::)

If you had started you're pity party thread with somethinig along the lines of "man I feel bad as it was 25 years ago this month that I sold my babies to fund a business" or "geesh I miss my cars" - guaranteed you would have gotten numerous posts, similar to Gene's, some maybe saying, "man you made the right move" or "good for you"!   :pity:

Instead, you start the thread with this:

Quote from: learical1 on January 03, 2008, 12:23:06 PM
It reads "Kick Me, I'm Stoopid!"  It's time to break it out and wear it again.  25 years ago this month, I sold the last of my Mopars, the Hemi 4 speed 500, the LimeLite SuperBird I converted to a Hemi, and the Hemi 4 speed 1970 Challenger RT.   :brickwall: :slap: :spank: 

What did you expect to happen?   :shruggy:

I don't really think you are a loser - just a dumbass!

Just kidding -  :D

PocketThunder

Wow it must be winter time.  How long till spring?...?  March 20th is only 77 days away!  :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

So it was 25 years ago that you started parting with those cars? Hmmm, makes the 22 years that it will be since my dad upped and decided to go all out and get rid of everything and move to Thailand seem like a short time ago.

Then again he did the same thing you did, get rid of the cars to do something that he really wanted to do. I think he kicks himself every once in a while, but in all honesty I don't think it bothers him much at all any more.

learical1

My brother doesn't miss the cars at all, either.  Actually, he was a little more excited about selling the Mopars than I was.  He bought a Sunbeam Tiger with some of his share of the money, and put the rest in savings.  I started the recording studio because I already had enough music equipment to choke a rock band groupie, so a recording studio sounded like a good idea.
Bruce