News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger R/T emblem questions???

Started by HITMAN 149, October 01, 2007, 08:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

yo guys.....
i know this was posted but can't seem to find it??? i have a 68 R/T, and was wondering what the part numbers are for the 2  "Charger" sail panel emblems, the  "Charger"  & "R/T" grill & tail panel emblems??? and also i have heard they are not the same for 68,69 & 70???
and also that the  Charger emblems for the sail panel are different than the grill & tail panel one's??? and last but not least... are the newer one's any different (bigger or smaller then the original one's????) should i get repop one's or new one's from dodge..as i remember reading that you can still get them at the dealer?? :shruggy:
thanks once again!!!!! :icon_smile_big:
-JOHN
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

keepat

John, YearOne 68 Charger emblems Part #
Repro fit and look good

Sail panel  Charger            #FD717 *

Grille        Charger            #VC120

Grille          R/T               #VC123

Tail panel  Charger           #VC132

Tail panel    R/T               #VC144

Door name Hemi              #VC105

Retainer nuts for *           #FJ343

HITMAN 149

thanks bro!!... you da man!!! ehhhh and your car is pretty cool too!! LOL
:icon_smile_cool:
thanks...
-JOHN
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Mike DC

Just curious:  Are the repro badges still metal? 

I know I've seen at least a few that were chromed plastic. 

keepat

Yes they are pot metal.

Ghoste

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 01, 2007, 08:59:54 PM
should i get repop one's or new one's from dodge..as i remember reading that you can still get them at the dealer??
-JOHN

The repop ones are the ones from Dodge.  Where you see an "FD" prefix on a Year One part number it means they are just buying it from Chrysler and middlemanning you.  It doesn't mean that your Dodge dealer will be cheaper but they are the same ones as YO are selling.