News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pictures of the trans linkage

Started by chargerman68, October 03, 2007, 05:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman68

have a 440/727 wont shift out of park.does anyone have pictures of the linkage from under the car.the gear shift lever moves freely as well as the throttle lever,there is no linkage from the throttle control level to the throttle linkage is there suppose too be?.when i manually move the gearshift lever you hear the trans gears,but nothing when trying to shift while its running??????
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

chargerman68

would it not shift into gear witout a kickdown linkage on it.

y3chargerrt

I hope you haven't run to far with the kickdown linkage disconnected. thats a sure fire way to burn up a trans.

RD

Quote from: chargerman68 on October 03, 2007, 05:04:37 PM
have a 440/727 wont shift out of park.does anyone have pictures of the linkage from under the car.the gear shift lever moves freely as well as the throttle lever,there is no linkage from the throttle control level to the throttle linkage is there suppose too be?.when i manually move the gearshift lever you hear the trans gears,but nothing when trying to shift while its running??????

park gear is with the shifter lever placed towards the front of the transmission bellhousing.  is your kickdown hooked up?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

chargerman68

i dont thing i have it...linkage from console shifter to trans no linkage from carb to trans  have pics of it or does anybody have it for a big block

Ghoste

I'm sure it's posted here someplace?

John_Kunkel

Quote from: RD on October 03, 2007, 09:39:37 PMpark gear is with the shifter lever placed towards the front of the transmission bellhousing. 

In Park, the trans lever is full back to the rear.

The original post is a little ambiguous, when you say it "won't shift out of Park" do you mean the park mechanism is engaged and the car won't move if pushed with the shifter out of the Park position? Or do you mean there are no gears regardless of shifter position?

If the car won't roll with the shifter out of Park and the trans lever is moving with the shifter there is a problem in the internal park mechanism.

If the car is free to roll, the shifter is free to move through the gears, the detents can be felt but the car won't move in either direction I would suspect a failed pump.

Typical throttle pressure linkage:

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.