News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Name some lesser know movie mopars or comercial cars

Started by C_stripes, October 07, 2007, 09:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Banana

Did anyone mention the Duster in the street race in the opening scene of Catch Me if You Can?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErFQLo8XV-I&feature=fvwrel

Fred

Managed to get hold of the dvd and watched it last night and am now able to state with complete certainty that there is no red 69 charger or any charger for that matter in the movie "Fandango"

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

djcarguy

China connection,,i think?   like3 ,2nd gens and tons of mopars parked on the streets ,and as cop n bad guy cars?

old gone in 60,,man they use and wreck lots of mopars,several challengers totally wasted,shame ,even all the 68 ta 70 cops cars would be great parts doners now days,,boo hoo ,way too late. :eek2: :eek2:

wingcar

Checkout Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp.  If you are a fan of E-body Mopars, a 1970 Cuda Convertible gets a lot of on screen time as it is driven by one of the leading characters.  It's a red Cuda with black interior and appears to be powered by a 383.  In addition there are many other period cars from the late 60's, early 1970's, I spotted a Dodge Monaco as well as a Duster and others.  (Very funny movie....)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Fred

I for one will check it out as soon as it comes to dvd. Can't wait.  :2thumbs:

Vainglory, Esq.

The TV show "Psych," Season 4, episode 9, "Shawn Takes a Shot in the Dark" has a very nice yellow '70 Road Runner in it. The main character gets kidnapped and stuffed in the trunk.

XP29J9B298249

TV show 'Wiseguy' from the 80s

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092484/

Plum Crazy 1970 Challenger R/T, 440 Six Pack is the car he drove in the show, and as I recall they showed it all the time.

ODZKing

I watched "Super 8" last night.  The movie is set in 1979.
It's LOADED with Mopars.

hatersaurusrex

Just watched the new Green Lantern movie... Hal Sparks rocks a '71 Challenger and it's given decent air time:

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Fred

The Aussie movie "Running on Empty"   has a red Daytona pulling up at one of the illegal street race meets.

hatersaurusrex

Just saw a Ram commercial that has a guy hauling a late 60's Coronet onto a dirt track.  Meanwhile two other guys work on some POS, and there's another red late 60's Coronet there that charges out onto the track does a lap.   I can't make out what year either are, maybe someone else can.  Very cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5eGI5difAc

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Fred

Anyone notice how the very first hitch hiker in the GTO in "Two Lane Blacktop" looks like he just stepped off the starship Enterprise?   :icon_smile_big:

69rtse4spd

Did not read all the posts, but Edward Scissor Hands, the Avon lady drives a Yellow Duster. Fell free to correct me if I am wrong.