News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

a 500 I came across 15 years ago...

Started by 0X01B8, October 12, 2007, 02:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

back around 1991 I bought two Chargers from a guy who lived in Fowlerville, Michigan.  I only wanted the '68 for parts but he wouldn't split them up so I ended up with a '69 too, which I quickly re-sold to a friend's dad.

anyway, parked under a tree (aren't they always?) was his 69 500, which of course, I tried to buy as well, but he said no and then the usual "I'm going to be buried in that car."  we even offered to help push/pull it out from under the tree and move it into his pole barn where the 69 was, but he said no to that too.  whatever.   :-\

from what I remember, it was black and wasn't in too bad shape, but clearly wasn't going to last much longer outside.  I don't know if it was a hemi or not, but he talked about racing it and how he would make up stories about it breaking down to get his insurance company to pay for the tow home.

just curious if anybody here knows about this one, given my admittedly vague description.  you guys are pretty good at knowing what happened to most of the 500s & winged cars.  no big deal.  thanks.  :icon_smile_cool:

69_500

The car you describe doesn't match to anything that I have. Ot at least I can't make any connections based on what you said. In the early 90's I wasn't very good at writing down locations to car, or full information, just VIN's and a color.