News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Canada daytona ad for PettyBird

Started by nascarxx29, October 12, 2007, 08:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

Doug is here the correspondance .I recieved when the $10K daytona was for sale in Canada

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

cool--i'm sure I still have that somewhere, but it's a TON easier to just copy and save yours!

we also got the email here--we told Gilles we were looking for a daytona when we met him at a WW show in kalamazoo in 2000.  I sat on the ad for a week or so, and called him up to find out someone from the detroit area was on his way with a truck and trailer to get it.  disappointed, I told him i'd call back the next evening, just to see.  the guy got there with his son, and was shocked at the car's condition, despite having seen the same pictures you and I have of the car.  He told Gilles he was going to lunch with his son, and apparently headed back to Detroit. 

We (mom and I) picked the car up in Granby a couple weeks later.  He took us to a maple syrup festival locally, and that was the highlight of the trip.  The meals were served family style, in a HUGE ski lodge style building, and I swear there had to be at least nine courses to dinner, and all of them were totally random.  Course three was ham and eggs, while course five was cole slaw and pickled onions.  About halfway through I'd had no less than two bags of milk (still the oddest thing about Canada to me) just trying to kill the sugar rush.  Dessert (totally unnecessary due to the high probability of maple syrup appearing in the previous courses) consisted of maple syrup pie and maple syrup candy.  I was delirious--I poured syrup on everything, giggling as frequently as if I was stoned.   

We bought a can of syrup, and I just used it this year.  Every time I looked at it I'd smile. 

We had to stop at customs to get the car back through--the inspector was stoked to see a '69 charger--at least he thought he was, until he saw it.  "You paid how much for THAT???"  Mom, in an unusually quick moment, said "oh, the boys are just going to make a dukes of hazzard car out of it."  The guy rolled his eyes as if everything suddenly made sense, and didn't even bother to look at the boxes of parts in the truck.  We didn't bother to tell him it was anything special...

69_500

Personally I was hoping that you would pass on the car when you went up to look at it Doug. As I was also interested in the car at the same time, but heard you were going up on a weekend. So I was making plans to go up the next weekend.  I still want a Daytona something fierce, and regardless of the condition I was sure I was going to get that one. I was just hoping others would look at it and think it was way too far gone, and that I could park it here at my place.

However better you guys wound up with it, than some other people. Hope to see it one day, in a running drive condition.

nascarxx29

It was that guy in Canada or another guy in Canada.Who knows alot of wingcars in Canada who gave me those leads as well as running ads for project daytona parts etc. Daniel B owned that car .I met some Canada wing car people selling parts sold parts for a daytona and superbird to Kelvin J and Rick S.I know my old daytona is in Canada.And all I seen or know of it its being restored for resale
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on October 13, 2007, 10:49:17 AM
Hope to see it one day, in a running driving condition.

LOL!!!  this makes two of us  :cheers:

it'll come around.  it really will take another body to fix, but i'm not sure if that means moving tags or cutting 85% of the original sheet metal off.  it's such a project...i would much rather save as much of the shell as i can, but i'd really have to have it dipped or blasted to find out the damage, and since there's no space to take it apart, it'll sit like a tomb for a while more.  it would definitely get moved to the front of the stove it the 'birds didn't exist, but they take a pile of resources just to keep moving. 

69_500

Hmmm, too many buns in the oven? Gladly would have taken it off your hands years ago.  :angel:

pettybird

such a nice guy...

bacburnered doesn't mean kicked off the stove  :lol:

moparstuart

just kick it off the stove my way please doug

anytime
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Gilles? !?   thats my last name, maybe this guy was related :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Well don't kick it off of the stove, but if it happens to fall off.  :icon_smile_wink:

Ah one of these days I'll have one. One of these days. :yesnod:

pettybird

it's a sturdy stove.   :cheers:

i think i can hear a call being placed from kansas for some industrial strength hot pads, though...just in case.

moparstuart

I would push it all the way to kansas if i had too!!!!!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE