News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone ever done a Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Charger clone?

Started by nakita7, October 19, 2007, 12:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nakita7

Just showed this move to the kids a couple weeks ago. Haven't seen that show myself in over 20 years. What an awful show!  :rotz: Just had to see the Charger though. Wondering if anyone has done, or is thinking about, a clone of it?

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

70charger_boy

Quote from: nakita7 on October 19, 2007, 12:40:25 AM
Just showed this move to the kids a couple weeks ago. Haven't seen that show myself in over 20 years. What an awful show!  :rotz: Just had to see the Charger though. Wondering if anyone has done, or is thinking about, a clone of it?

We have a search function in here, you know
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22189.0.html
http://www.perfectionautosport.com/creations/68chargerrte/

and this member has one
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=22

HITMAN 149

Quote from: Kiwi68 on October 19, 2007, 01:31:00 AM
no, but our old buddies at 'you know where' are http://ww2.collectorcartrader.com/details.php?adId=adcache.collectorcartrader.com/ad-cache/10/9/3/90084093.htm  :brickwall:

"Hurry we only are building this one, and then its back to building more general lees!"

ooooh....oooooh... please HURRY & get back to building more friggggin crappppy general lees!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_blackeye:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

70charger_boy

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 19, 2007, 02:13:44 AM
Quote from: Kiwi68 on October 19, 2007, 01:31:00 AM
no, but our old buddies at 'you know where' are http://ww2.collectorcartrader.com/details.php?adId=adcache.collectorcartrader.com/ad-cache/10/9/3/90084093.htm  :brickwall:

"Hurry we only are building this one, and then its back to building more general lees!"

ooooh....oooooh... please HURRY & get back to building more friggggin crappppy general lees!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_blackeye:

:smilielol:  :down:  :icon_smile_evil:

HITMAN 149

01 BMW 740i SPORT  

70charger_boy

HITMAN 149

mua-hahahahaha
omg....
like a frigggin chain saw!!! alll of them... the monster dog... both cats!!!
so you like the decal idea???
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

70charger_boy

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 19, 2007, 03:22:24 AM
mua-hahahahaha
omg....
like a frigggin chain saw!!! alll of them... the monster dog... both cats!!!
so you like the decal idea???

Definately, have ds photoshop it for you.  Nice truck, too.  My cousin has one exactly like yours and I've got the baby version (Dakota)

HITMAN 149

yea...
gotta get a better pic of the beast for him to do it.
hey..... hahaha oppps i  think we hijacked another thread!?!?!? LOL
this time it was YOUR fault... i emailed you!!! LOL :D
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

70charger_boy

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 19, 2007, 03:29:42 AM
yea...
gotta get a better pic of the beast for him to do it.
hey..... hahaha oppps i  think we hijacked another thread!?!?!? LOL
this time it was YOUR fault... i emailed you!!! LOL :D

I'm changing my avatar sig..right now

HITMAN 149

01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Ghoste

There was a clone in Mopar Collectors Guide a few years ago and around the same time there was a 70 for sale at the Nats that was painted up with the DMCL stripe and had the slotted style rims.  I think Khyron here on the site is doing one.
A friend of mine started doing one many years ago but somewhere along the line he decided to do a Y3 RT clone instead.  :shruggy:

HITMAN 149

yea ghoste..
khyron does have one... damn nice job tooooo!! he has a thread with the resto pics on it!!!  :2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

TruckDriver

Quote from: nakita7 on October 19, 2007, 12:40:25 AM
What an awful show!  :rotz:

:o I think it is the best ever Charger movie myself.  :slap:

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 19, 2007, 04:12:01 AM
yea ghoste..
khyron does have one... damn nice job tooooo!! he has a thread with the resto pics on it!!! :2thumbs:
:iagree:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,20822.0.html
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

moparstuart

what do you guys think of that e body  charger thing

the grilleis awefull

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger_Fan

Quote from: moparstuart on October 19, 2007, 03:10:30 PM
what do you guys think of that e body  charger thing

the grilleis awefull
:iagree: Fugly. The rest of the car just ain't makin' it, either. :eek2:
It's another classic example of why the basic lines of the 2nd Gen Charger can't be improved on.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

onebadmopar

im in the process of doing a dmcl car also......motor should be back monday unfortunatley only  thing that will be dmcl is the paint job as this car has a 383 and not the 440 .... for now heheheheheheheheh

nakita7

Khryon, is yours yellow, or is there a bit of green in it like the show?

Khyron

Quote from: nakita7 on October 20, 2007, 02:55:32 AM

Citron Yella is the correct color for the car, yes there is a bit of green in it, but it only shows up when the sun and shade hit it just right ;)

you can see more green in this Pic

Quote from: onebadmopar on October 19, 2007, 10:33:37 PM
im in the process of doing a dmcl car also......motor should be back monday unfortunatley only  thing that will be dmcl is the paint job as this car has a 383 and not the 440 .... for now heheheheheheheheh

Thats an easy swap. Going from a small block to the 440 was a PITA.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Khyron on October 20, 2007, 11:05:17 AM
Quote from: nakita7 on October 20, 2007, 02:55:32 AM

Citron Yella is the correct color for the car, yes there is a bit of green in it, but it only shows up when the sun and shade hit it just right ;)

you can see more green in this Pic

Quote from: onebadmopar on October 19, 2007, 10:33:37 PM

Thats an easy swap. Going from a small block to the 440 was a PITA.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

That is a beautiful car. Do have more pictures posted of someplace?

Oh. . .  I found them.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

0X01B8

That's gorgeous....prolly my favorite movie / tv car ever.  I saw that flick at a drive-in when I was 6 or 7 years old and wanted to be Peter Fonda and wear sunglasses, chew gum and drive like hell all day long.  Same thing now but I'll add the blonde to the list.   :laugh:  That might be my next Charger, and I'd go the next step and replicate the smashed-up left front.  Might not even be that expensive to use beat up, wasted junk parts for it.   :scratchchin:

nakita7

That would be the right colour. My 71 RT is Citron Yellow. Cool colour!

Ghoste