News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

mopar performance electonic destributor and year one modified wiring

Started by charger01, September 29, 2005, 07:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

I recently purchased the mopar performance electonic destributor for my 69 charger.   I also bought the modified 69 engine harness to upgrade the charging system.   Year one says to use the 4 prong ballast resistor for the harness, but the mopar peformance pack says not too.   Has anyone else run this setup yet.   Which wires are actually run to the ballast resistor with the mopar performance destributor.   maybe some pics?   thanks in advance guys

charger01

Does it really matter whether I use the 4 prong ballast resistor or the 2 prong as long as the correct wires are on the correct side whether it be top or bottom? ???

Plumcrazy

The four terminal ECU doesn't need the dual resistor. 
The MP ECU is a four terminal unit so you don't need the dual resistor.  The single resistor is all you need.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Chryco Psycho

I agree
the blue & brown wires need to be connected to the 2 prong ballast , the second blue & green do nothing

8WHEELER

This is the new wiring I got for my 68 with electronic ign fit perfect works great.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

charger01

Here is a pic of the ballast resistor connectors.  Can someone please tell me what to hook up where.  I know the black plug goes to the voltage reg, and I know that the green wire with the red stripe is the wire that mopar performance says does nothing and gets cut off.  The harness came complete with the ecu 5 pin plug in, and the distributor plug in integrated into the harness already.  Iam just really confused on how to set this up since mopar performance says to use the 2 prong resistor and year one says to use the 4 prong.  Iam assuming the blue feed wire from the distributor is intergrated into the blue wire.  I just dont know if is ok to plug this in the way it is, or if i should splice into it and use the other ballast resistor.  Sorry to seem so uninformed here, but could really use some detailed advise.......

Chryco Psycho

you can use the 4 prong ballast with no problems if you have it or use one of the blue wires in the dual plug & use the brown wire beside the green wire from the other plug & use a 2 prong resistor