News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update on the Billboard Daytona

Started by jodaddy1, October 28, 2007, 03:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodaddy1

Yep its still in progress.......working on the nose.  See mor about building this at......  http://www.moparnuts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10983

Magnumcharger

Oh just great!! Now I have to join yet ANOTHER forum!!!

So I did!
Are you happy now!?

Oh, by the way, I've downloaded ALL of your posted pictures.
Hurry up and install that center piece would ya!!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jodaddy1

Magnum---got a way to go before center goes in-- both sides, bottom and z braces

stuart-- sure you got alot of money?? ::) just kidding, do it yourself so far I'm 275.00 into this plus time

Oh did you guys catch the video of the working headlights??

moparstuart

Quote from: jodaddy1 on October 29, 2007, 02:36:33 PM
Magnum---got a way to go before center goes in-- both sides, bottom and z braces

stuart-- sure you got alot of money?? ::) just kidding, do it yourself so far I'm 275.00 into this plus time

i have no body work skills at all i know my limits

Magnumcharger

Yes...I had to check out that video...very impressive!
You're a genius!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

PocketThunder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyAxg1DudR8

Hell ya that is hella-cool! 

I need to stop reading about all these daytona Project or else my C500 might end up with a wing and nose cone... :o  :o  hahah  :scratchchin:   just kidding
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 01, 2007, 03:30:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyAxg1DudR8

Hell ya that is hella-cool! 

I need to stop reading about all these daytona Project or else my C500 might end up with a wing and nose cone... :o  :o  hahah  :scratchchin:   just kidding
bolt a nose on it  why not    6 cy daytona?

jodaddy1

BigBlockSam

i'm sorry you have to sell it . it always makes me sad to see a project not get finished . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

That sucks Joe!  I hope the Daytona project wasnt the reason for divorce.   :-\
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

jodaddy1

PocT- No not the reason

BBSam- I just hope that one of the prospective buyers will complete it as it was.

I've told all the possible buyers that the nose would be done so.............update of a steel nose still got some hammer and dolly work to do but sides are covered and one bottom done.

jodaddy1

:'(  Well I like posting updates but hate posting since its not gona be mine anymore.....  all thats left is the top center panel and nose is ready for final body work.  All seams filled with fiberglass mat and tiger hair.   Anyways heres todays work.

skeets 66

i wish i could sell my 67 today,,,,i'd be down to get it  :yesnod:

PocketThunder

Damn Joe that is pretty cool.  You could still stay connected with Daytonas and start making nose cones to sell.  :shruggy:  or is she getting the welder?

jodaddy1

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 23, 2007, 09:55:35 AM
Damn Joe that is pretty cool.  You could still stay connected with Daytonas and start making nose cones to sell.  :shruggy:  or is she getting the welder?

Thanks PT -- No she isn't getting the welder just all the money I can come up with and 1.00 more.  :icon_smile_blackeye: I'd consider building them for some of the members here but not on a full time basis.  Let me know I might just do it. ::)
Joe

skeets 66

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

jodaddy1

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 25, 2007, 04:10:04 PM
how about some pics of the car  :popcrn:

yo BBS-- Haven't got anything done to the body as yet been working on the nose .

Pics here-------   http://www.picturehosting.com/gallery.php?g=daytona-clone&u=jodaddy1

PocketThunder

Quote from: jodaddy1 on December 26, 2007, 07:56:40 AM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 25, 2007, 04:10:04 PM
how about some pics of the car  :popcrn:

yo BBS-- Haven't got anything done to the body as yet been working on the nose .

Pics here-------   http://www.picturehosting.com/gallery.php?g=daytona-clone&u=jodaddy1

When did you get this car from Hans?  Did Hans and Company make the nose that was on it?

moparstuart

put me down for a nose   , wow that wing is tall  ??

jodaddy1

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 26, 2007, 09:19:06 AM
When did you get this car from Hans?  Did Hans and Company make the nose that was on it?

PT- Yes it did pass through the dredded Hlpag- a friend of mine in Chicago checked it out for me before I bought it.  No they didn't make the nose or the wing those were built by ACE auto body and paint in Florida in the mid 80's when the car was done.  Paneling and fiberglass for the nose and plywood and alimunum rod for the wing. I wanted a 68 charger and the price was right on this I had no idea what it was till I got it home and started finding
the Drake Motors Sales lettering under cheep spray paint.

MStuart-  Got you down for 1 let me know when.  We'll need to talk about what I need to make it fit right and the parts you need to send me.

By the way its still for sale as NONE of the people who said they wanted it have come through with even a down payment.

BigBlockSam

thanks for the pics. yea i remember that car.

moparstuart

Quote from: jodaddy1 on December 26, 2007, 07:21:06 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on December 26, 2007, 09:19:06 AM

PT- Yes it did pass through the dredded Hlpag- a friend of mine in Chicago checked it out for me before I bought it.  No they didn't make the nose or the wing those were built by ACE auto body and paint in Florida in the mid 80's when the car was done.  Paneling and fiberglass for the nose and plywood and alimunum rod for the wing. I wanted a 68 charger and the price was right on this I had no idea what it was till I got it home and started finding
the Drake Motors Sales lettering under cheep spray paint.

MStuart-  Got you down for 1 let me know when.  We'll need to talk about what I need to make it fit right and the parts you need to send me.

By the way its still for sale as NONE of the people who said they wanted it have come through with even a down payment.

wow wasnt that car a bill board for the dealership ???????

jodaddy1

yes it was.

http://wwnboa.org/dpdb.htm

it IS this car...if you look carefully at the side pic you can just make out the drake part of lettering.