News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Caulk For Clear Plastic Door Seal

Started by mike337, November 03, 2007, 11:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike337

The caulk that originally was applied between the inner door area and the clear plastic sheet to seal the door is long gone from my car.  Anyone know what product is out there to replace this caulk and seal interior of the door?

JrJohnston

Try a glass shop,what was used on them is the same stuuf that glass shop's use to install glass.It is called beautal(<- not spelled correctly),or some people call it rope seal.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

bill440rt

Yes, you can use butyl tape, stretched out as a thin strand.

Or, use 3M's Strip Caulk (a.k.a. "dum-dum"). This is closer to that gooey stuff the factory used. You can find it at any good auto parts or body supply store. I even found similar stuff right at Home Depot.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bill440rt on November 04, 2007, 11:01:23 AM
Yes, you can use butyl tape, stretched out as a thin strand.

Or, use 3M's Strip Caulk (a.k.a. "dum-dum"). This is closer to that gooey stuff the factory used. You can find it at any good auto parts or body supply store. I even found similar stuff right at Home Depot.

:iagree: 100% :yesnod:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............