News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guitarists....post pics of your guitar!

Started by 69bronzeT5, November 02, 2007, 12:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwellwedge

1969 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Goldtop - All original everything. Plays and sounds unreal.

maxwellwedge

Fender Custom Shop-Masterbuilt-Jeff-Beck-1954 Esquire

This thing sings....I played it and it followed me home.... :lol:     Also have the Custom Shop Jeff Beck Strat in white - another great playing axe. Got some other keepers as well.

Ghoste

Musicman

Wow, I'm really glad this thread is still alive 'n' kick'n, there are some really nice pieces showing up here.  :2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on September 17, 2013, 08:39:23 AM
Very nice, I didn't know you played.

Yup - Started playing as a kid.....the playing got spotty for decades until a year or 2 ago.....Then I started going hard again....and very happy that I did!  :2thumbs:

Sometime in my early teens I started playing Bass....because none of my buddies wanted to!  :lol:   So, I picked up a '63 Fender Jazz bass - black finish....looked like it was only ever played once or twice.....and an Ampeg V4B with a 6x10 cabinet....very punchy. Sadly, I had to sell the Jazz to pay for car insurance when I was 16  :'(      And then there is the '59 Strat I sold a few years later to pay for something else....Sigh

maxwellwedge

A dream come true for me....an all original un-touched '55

Sounds "brighter" than my "newer" Strats......plays great

Ghoste

Just the right amount of wear.  Gorgeous.

maxwellwedge

Thank you - I have wanted one for decades.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 29, 2013, 11:51:26 AM

Very, very cool. Will you be channeling a little Buddy Holly?

I'm curious about the details if you don't mind...(Sorry...the date coding thing spills over to vintage guitars too ;) )
Neck date?
Initials on neck?
"Round" or "V" neck?
Body Date?
Pot dates?
four or five digit SN?

:cheers:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on October 29, 2013, 11:20:27 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 29, 2013, 11:51:26 AM

Very, very cool. Will you be channeling a little Buddy Holly?

I'm curious about the details if you don't mind...(Sorry...the date coding thing spills over to vintage guitars too ;) )
Neck date?
Initials on neck?
"Round" or "V" neck?
Body Date?
Pot dates?
four or five digit SN?

:cheers:

I know - The date code thing follows me everywhere!

I better learn "Peggy Sue"  :lol:

4 digit SN

The initials thing on the neck was less common in '55

Masking tape says "Mary 10-6-55"

The pot shown is 33rd week of '55

Here are some pics....

Ghoste

Thats funny, same guys that do it with cars do it with guitars.  I even pull my new guitars down for dates and stuff.
Always the historians huh?

maxwellwedge

More pics...

Guts, "Nail holes" etc.

It has its original "center pocket" tweed case. It also came with the original "ashtray" bridge cover and whammy bar. It was a great find.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on October 30, 2013, 07:36:54 AM
Thats funny, same guys that do it with cars do it with guitars.  I even pull my new guitars down for dates and stuff.

It's a bit of a sickness - no?  :lol:

69CoronetRT

Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 30, 2013, 07:39:08 AM

Yep.... LOL.

Again, very very cool find. How's the neck profile? The early ones are a bit 'thick' for me. Tele necks just 'feel' better for me.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

maxwellwedge

I think they were 7.5" radius soft V in description - I'll double check......It feels like more of a D. Feels good...feels Tele-ish to me.

Musicman

Bob T

Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 30, 2013, 07:39:08 AM

Sure is. Thanks for putting your treasure pictures up,, much appreciated  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

I've had an update to the Fleet recently too, its a Maton SRS 60C, it just sounds amazing, , my tutor regulary gigs with his Maton and I went and tried a few others out, LAG, Martin,  but nothing came close to how it sounds, maybe Martin or Avveggio? would be stablemates.

All solid Australian timber, smells like a gum forest haha
http://maton.com.au/product/srs-60

So impressed with how it sounds. Finely crafted in a small Australian factory in Victoria with burls and whorls face and back and blonde streaks on the sides and back. Sitka spruce front and back, Rosewood neck, Sapele ring and headstock veneer. AP5 pickup. Resonance and Projection like nothing else. Wow  :2thumbs:
Such a pleasure to play. A True Lifetime Guitar.

Definitely worth a look and a play at a good shop if you ever see one guys, I cant recommend it enough  :drool5:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Musicman

I've never heard or plaid a Maton, but they sure look nice  :2thumbs:

Bob T

Quote from: Musicman on January 05, 2014, 05:59:13 PM
I've never heard or plaid a Maton, but they sure look nice  :2thumbs:

Hunt one down if you can Musicman, you'll be pleased you did.
Tommy Emmanuel is their ambassador, lot of clips on the Maton website, check it out if you get a chance  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

There are some amazing small shop luthiers out there in the acoustic world aren't there?

Mytur Binsdirti

Ghoste

69bronzeT5

Appearently I never posted the guitars I've purchased in the past few years.... :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 10, 2014, 02:00:05 AM
Appearently I never posted the guitars I've purchased in the past few years.... :shruggy:

When did you get the double neck and how do you like it.