News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona mystery--help needed

Started by pettybird, November 02, 2007, 08:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

doug you need to get him to bring it out for the national meet  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WB General Lee

Wow I can't believe this car came up :o I can add alot to this story. I flew to New Jersey to buy this car from Sal. He is nuts! I went there with Jim Belinda and John Pappas all on a airplane and when we got there it was like 20 degrees below and a huge ice storm there. Talked to Sal on the phone prior and figured I would go there with money and make a deal. He was real odd and told us his wife just passed away and he was still grieving. We went to look at the car and as far as I remember it was out of the garage on a sheet of ice. It was so cold we had to keep coming inside to warm up. After talking I told him I would give him 22,000. He was asking 24,000 I wish I knew he paid 8,000!!

I finally just told him ok to 24,000 which I really didn't want to pay that and he told me he is not sure. I told him what do you mean!!! He then said I just wanted you guys to come see the car and wanted to talk :brickwall: Jim then said let get outa here. What a fruitcake he was. i wasted time and money for nothing.

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on April 11, 2011, 04:11:56 PM
doug you need to get him to bring it out for the national meet  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

The car lives two exits up from the host hotel, and it will take me beating him like a rented mule to get it out.  I'm already aggravated by the thought of it. 

WB General Lee

Is it still in the same condition. I didn't like the wing that much i was going to restore it back to original color.

pettybird

Quote from: WB General Lee on April 11, 2011, 06:24:08 PM
Is it still in the same condition. I didn't like the wing that much i was going to restore it back to original color.

a new (well, mid 90's) set of tires, a new fuel pump, two oil changes, new plugs and points...that's what's different from what you remember.  And I changed the plugs/points/oil!

he did let me drive it once in exchange  ;)

WB General Lee

It wasn't in bad shape but I think the original color was a different Blue. That was a weird deal. I offered him what he wanted and he still said no :RantExplode: :brickwall: :icon_smile_angry:

pettybird

the car is F5 over white.  My friend said the guy was really weird to deal with, also.

WB General Lee

Didn't know it was F-5. Been long ago and I have looked at many winged cars over the years. He was a jerk :flame:. Wasted my time I got on a plane for nothing. Who ever heard of that. I offered what he was asking and he didn't want to sell after he told me come and look at the car.

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI