News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need measurements on 72 Rallye Door indents.

Started by Mo Power, November 07, 2007, 01:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo Power

Ya if someone could help me out I need to know the exact distance from the indent to the front of door. If anybody can help me out so I can get my indents put into my 73 doors that would be great.
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger74

Quote from: Mo Power on November 07, 2007, 01:12:01 PM
Ya if someone could help me out I need to know the exact distance from the indent to the front of door. If anybody can help me out so I can get my indents put into my 73 doors that would be great.

Mo,

I will try to get those tonight.  I have the doors sitting in my car right now and post them tomorrow of Twilt hasn't.

Mo Power

1973 Charger SE

nakita7

ralley72

On my rallye car the indentations start 4 1/2" from the edge of the door. down 2" from the top body line.
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Charger74

Quote from: ralley72 on November 07, 2007, 08:17:46 PM
On my rallye car the indentations start 4 1/2" from the edge of the door. down 2" from the top body line.

That's correct, that's where I measured mine.   

Nakita, if he is going to do then hopefully he will do it like I am.  Going to cut out the indentations from an old set of doors and graft them onto his current ones.   I hope I can get this done next year so I know how it works out.  MO may be trying to do it sooner though.

Mo Power

Yup Brent I should be able to get them done in 2 weeks. I have them already cut out and just repairing the door I bought from Orlo. And I'm taking my time because I'm doing them at my Autohub class and trying to make them perfect. Since to this has to be done right the first time and I haven't had much experience with bodywork. But when it's done I'll post so thanks for the help.
1973 Charger SE

Charger74

Quote from: Mo Power on November 08, 2007, 02:26:15 PM
Yup Brent I should be able to get them done in 2 weeks. I have them already cut out and just repairing the door I bought from Orlo. And I'm taking my time because I'm doing them at my Autohub class and trying to make them perfect. Since to this has to be done right the first time and I haven't had much experience with bodywork. But when it's done I'll post so thanks for the help.

Awesome, I can't wait to see how they turn out.  How's everything else going with getting that other car?

Mo Power

Well I haven't talked to Orlo for awhile and I might hold on for awhile before buying the other 73. Because I'm thinking about getting this 72 Roadrunner that I'd love to get but getting loans for older cars is such a hassle lol. So I'll see what happens and I'd never get rid of my first baby either lol.
1973 Charger SE

nakita7

That's cool, hope it work out. They ARE the coolest doors EVER made. Period.

They can also be 'chiseled' in at a body shop. I saw a 71 RT that had one side done from a flat door. It was very hard to tell the difference.