News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which 426 "Hemi" Head's.......?

Started by DrkHorse66, November 11, 2007, 11:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

I'm lost , I have the Mopar alum intake , they called a marine 2x4 made for Holley's . I did see the Mopar orig style 2x 4 for 399 , set up for carters , which is better ? I know that alum one I have to make a base plate because of carb spacing

max

Quote from: daytonalo on November 15, 2007, 05:31:02 PM
I'm lost , I have the Mopar alum intake , they called a marine 2x4 made for Holley's . I did see the Mopar orig style 2x 4 for 399 , set up for carters , which is better ? I know that alum one I have to make a base plate because of carb spacing

actually both intakes are aluminum, the one called marine has a wider carb pattern and is made for holley carbs and you have to make your own base plate for the air cleaner or use aftermarket air cleaners.

the original repo 2x4 intake for $399.00 is the exact intake that was used on all street Hemi's from 1966-1971 and the carb spacing is set up to use all the factory air cleaners such as the air grabbers and chrome domes.

for some reason i haven't read to many good things about the performance of a marine intake. i don't know if it's because of it's internal design and it's operating rpm range or what.

QuoteI almost use that intake as it is lower then the stage V intake and would fit under the hood without modifying the aircleaning, but not sure you can get the same HP numbers with the MP intake?
Pat

Pat in your situation the stage v would be the only intake to use, which if i'm not mistaken is a single plane and makes a good bit more power then the MP repo 2x4 which is a dual plane intake.

as you mentioned there is a height different between the stage v and the factory or repo 2x4 street intake.

daytonalo

I prefer my Hp and torque at a much lower Rpm . That is  what a dual plane is for .

Larry

Mefirst

:o I need to upgrade the rocker arm setup in my Hemi, that setup just looks beautiful.. Kinda sad they are hidden under the valvecovers....

Kepat**

-Your Hemi definitely makes power :2thumbs: Hope to run similar power numbers with my combo....

/Tom

Steve P.

So who is going to be the one to make the clear plastic valve covers to show off these rockers??  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

daytonalo

max

Quote from: Steve P. on November 17, 2007, 02:29:35 PM
So who is going to be the one to make the clear plastic valve covers to show off these rockers??Ā  ;)

if i remember correctly i seen a set on a Hemi that was in one of the mags back in the late 1970's and the car (think it was a 71 RR) even had a see through hood on it as well. i always wondered why those valve covers never caught on. :shruggy:

Ghoste

I think even in the polyester and plastic loving 70's, it would be the plastic part that would put most gearheads off? :shruggy: