News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Concealed Carry Weapon of choice

Started by charge69, September 30, 2005, 08:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge69

I have had a concealed carry permit for a number of years now and carry regularly away from my job(federal employee , no weapons on site). Although I have numerous pistols and revolvers , including a few Glocks , I almost always end up carrying either my Glock30(45acp) or Glock32(357sig). Regularly take them to the range and they are awesome pistols. Extremely reliable and as accurate as needed.To me , there is no better choice than a Glock. I will admit that in the summer in shorts and shirt I sometimes carry a S&W640 Centennial(357mag) in a pocket holster just because it really disappears in my pocket and is a mean S O B when you pull the trigger.  What do you carry , especially the police officers on the board......

Silver R/T

.44 Ruger SuperBlackhawk...is good choice? :)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

charge69

The Ruger is not a good choice for concealed carry , but it will get the bad guys attention!!

bad1032

smith 6906 9mm or  pedro 40 cal. 6906 is easy to hide.

Drache

Although the police here in Canada prefer the .45 Calibre instead of the 9mm like most american police forces when I took my handgun training I was trained using the Walther P99 in .40 and the Glock 32 in .357!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

68ChargerJMP

Wakko

Your concealed carry weapon should be small enough to hide, big enough to punch a damaging hole, and accessible enough to be relied upon.  I have an ankle holster for my Glock 27 and never wear it since any moron will know exactly what I'm going for if I reach for my ankle, plus it takes too long to pull the weapon.   For a few years I carried a North American Arms .22 Magnum in my front pocket.  It packed a solid punch with the .22 magnum hollow points but was single action only (you gotta cock it before you rock it!) and horribly inaccurate.  We're talking, I can miss you at 10 feet.  About a year ago my dad picked up a Kel-Tec .25 (I don't think they make them anymore) then the same weapon in a .32.  When they came out with the .380, I jumped on it as well.  It's the size of your hand (5.2 inches), carries 6+1 and is double action only.  Oh, and it's damn accurate too.  Polymer frame, machined slide, the same size as the NAA but bulkier in shape.  The .32 (7+1) is larger than the .25, but the .380 is almost exactly the same size as the .32.   I keep it unholstered in my back pocket when I carry it, since I figure that's the only way I'll be able to grab it in a hurry without looking as suspicious as a dumb FAG (Fast Action Gun, not Doc-like) bag or reaching for my ankle.  Keep your shirt untucked or wear an overshirt and nobody will ever know it's there.  Heck, it looks like a wallet anyway. 

I can't take photos of both weapons together since my camera isn't here, but here's the NAA and an AuctionArms auction photo for the Kel-Tec.
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=6857594

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

69bananabeast

my dad use to be a county sherrif  . was one for almost 20 years . he didnt like the issued hand gun so he took it upon him self to pick up a glock 40 . I have also shot the glock and turns out to be  pretty good supposedly I have heard from a couple people that the 40 series is the best Glock?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Drache

In Canada you aren't allowed to carry concealed weapons even if you are police officers. The only reaons I was allowed taking my handgun training for security was because it was through the Justice Institute of New Westminister.

.45 has power but way to much kick for my tastes and I just don't like the hitting power of the 9mm. I went with the .40 P99 during training because it was a balance between power, accuracy, and less recoil. The .357 Glock 32 though I loved just cause the other students would "ooo" and "aahhhh" over the power lol.

One thing about glocks though is they are light and are built to absorb the recoil. Very nice guns!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Badbob

I think a Canadian would be more accurate with a hockey stick.

Wakko

There is no Glock 40.  There are .40 caliber Glocks, the "baby Glock" 27, 22, 23, 24 and 35.  Saying the Glock (regardless of caliber) is the best is more opinion than anything else.  I personally don't like the Glock because the trigger pull is 5.5 pounds all the time.  While many people LIKE this feature (a standard double action weapon is usually about 12 pounds for the initial pull and 4 pounds after that) I like the extra safety that a long trigger offers me.  If I have time to aim my weapon carefully, I'm going to cock it.  If I don't have time I'm going to be juiced enough to pull that trigger easily, but the increased travel will give me more time to change my mind if I absolutely have to.  Yeah, you're not supposed to have your finger on the trigger unless you're about ready to pull it, but who knows what training will come to bear when the shit hits the fan. 

The Glock is a fine weapon.  Inexpensive, will NOT fire accidentally, simple to field strip and repair and will fire in nearly any conditions.  It's the AK47 of pistols.  Regardless, I'll take my HK any day of the week over it.  I like the placement of the magazine release on the HK (it's a paddle ambidextrous style underneath the trigger guard) versus the stupid button on the side of the Glock.  I like that the slide release is much easier to push than on the Glock.  I also like that the back of the slide isn't just a flat plate.  I know this sounds silly, but in emergency situations, guys will run out of ammo, locking the slide back and not notice it right away.  On the HK you can see that the hammer is no longer exposed and know a bit easier that you screwed up and ran out. 

Just my 12 cents.

Edit: I disagree about less recoil with the Glock though.  Even though they talk about it on their site, I feel that the lightweight contstruction makes the recoil harder.  While Glock makes the compensated version (has ports directing some of the blast upward to keep recoil minimal) the standard Glock has a bitch of a recoil.  Part of that comes from the heavy duty double slide spring (I hate racking a Glock...hard to do with sweaty hands) and part is just the weight of the weapon.

You're right about the .357 Sig round being great!  You know that they came out with a .45 GAP?  Just as hot as the .45 ACP but a bit shorter cartridge and smaller weapon as a result.
No concealed in Canada?  Wow, that's huge.  Hope they don't go the way of England and Australia.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Drache

Wakko,

It's already almost England here in Canada! We have to register every weapon we own the so the government knows what we own and pretty soon we have to apply for a license just to be able to buy ammunition so the government can cross reference the ammo we buy to the guns we registered.

On to of that there is a limit to how much ammo we can buy at a single time! We already need one license to just buy and own a gun and another just to be able to hunt with it. A handgun has to have a trigger guard, unloaded, locked in a box and with the ammo locked in a seperate box! To shoot it... it has to go straight to the gun range still locked in it's box and then taken straight home again, can't even stop for a coffee!

Then you have things like brass knucles, automatic knives, nunchucks, and police batons which are illegal weapons. We also can't have full auto weaponry either although they won't take my kalishinikov!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Yea, light weight does not = less recoil. The only real effective anti recoil measure is to have a heavier gun.

I used to carry my Ruger P94 .40 cal. double action only a lot in a fanny pack but I got tired of packing it around. I love the gun but it's just too heavy and cumbersome for a concealed weapon. At least until I really need it. :P I think a .380 or one of those S&W Airweight hammerless .38 revolvers would be good.

P94:

S&W Airweight:

Wakko

Ah, the Airweight...forgot about that one.   :2thumbs:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Drache

*Cheap mexican accent*

"Badges... we don't need no stinkin badges..."
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bananabeast

Quote from: Wakko on September 30, 2005, 10:16:57 PM
There is no Glock 40.  There are .40 caliber Glocks, the "baby Glock" 27, 22, 23, 24 and 35.  Saying the Glock (regardless of caliber) is the best is more opinion than anything else.  I personally don't like the Glock because the trigger pull is 5.5 pounds all the time.  While many people LIKE this feature (a standard double action weapon is usually about 12 pounds for the initial pull and 4 pounds after that) I like the extra safety that a long trigger offers me.  If I have time to aim my weapon carefully, I'm going to cock it.  If I don't have time I'm going to be juiced enough to pull that trigger easily, but the increased travel will give me more time to change my mind if I absolutely have to.  Yeah, you're not supposed to have your finger on the trigger unless you're about ready to pull it, but who knows what training will come to bear when the shit hits the fan. 

The Glock is a fine weapon.  Inexpensive, will NOT fire accidentally, simple to field strip and repair and will fire in nearly any conditions.  It's the AK47 of pistols.  Regardless, I'll take my HK any day of the week over it.  I like the placement of the magazine release on the HK (it's a paddle ambidextrous style underneath the trigger guard) versus the stupid button on the side of the Glock.  I like that the slide release is much easier to push than on the Glock.  I also like that the back of the slide isn't just a flat plate.  I know this sounds silly, but in emergency situations, guys will run out of ammo, locking the slide back and not notice it right away.  On the HK you can see that the hammer is no longer exposed and know a bit easier that you screwed up and ran out. 

Just my 12 cents.

Edit: I disagree about less recoil with the Glock though.  Even though they talk about it on their site, I feel that the lightweight contstruction makes the recoil harder.  While Glock makes the compensated version (has ports directing some of the blast upward to keep recoil minimal) the standard Glock has a bitch of a recoil.  Part of that comes from the heavy duty double slide spring (I hate racking a Glock...hard to do with sweaty hands) and part is just the weight of the weapon.

You're right about the .357 Sig round being great!  You know that they came out with a .45 GAP?  Just as hot as the .45 ACP but a bit shorter cartridge and smaller weapon as a result.
No concealed in Canada?  Wow, that's huge.  Hope they don't go the way of England and Australia.

thanks for the info , all i was ever told was that it was a 40 Glock . Meh im more of a rifle man anyway
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

911bear

:yesnod: i like this one s&w model 6906
1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

Mopar440+6

The day I turn 21 Im going to get one of these

Smith & Wesson/Walther SW99 .40 cal.

Well at least thats what I think I want. Still have a few years to decide. I really like the 1911's and the Desert Eagles but theyre nearly impossible for concealed carry...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Todd Wilson

A head band, a big knife  and a M60

Todd

Chargerguy74

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 30, 2005, 09:00:44 PM
.44 Ruger SuperBlackhawk...is good choice? :)

Silver, that is my favorite revolver
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Chargerguy74

Quote from: Drache on September 30, 2005, 10:57:38 PM
Wakko,

It's already almost England here in Canada! We have to register every weapon we own the so the government knows what we own and pretty soon we have to apply for a license just to be able to buy ammunition so the government can cross reference the ammo we buy to the guns we registered.

On to of that there is a limit to how much ammo we can buy at a single time! We already need one license to just buy and own a gun and another just to be able to hunt with it. A handgun has to have a trigger guard, unloaded, locked in a box and with the ammo locked in a seperate box! To shoot it... it has to go straight to the gun range still locked in it's box and then taken straight home again, can't even stop for a coffee!

Then you have things like brass knucles, automatic knives, nunchucks, and police batons which are illegal weapons. We also can't have full auto weaponry either although they won't take my kalishinikov!

I feel sorry for the people who went and registered all of their unregistered firearms. I told many people not to when that garbage was going on. Even started handing out fact sheets on search warrants, etc. so people wouldn't do it. Think most listened? Nope. Morons. Now they regret it. The government does not need to know what long guns we have. It is none of their business. If they know about it, they can take it away. Who would actually go door to door taking the unregistered guns anyway....not the police. And if they ever did, there would be lots of problems. I know if I had a gun, and they tried taking it away, they'd have to kill me, not because it's my gun, but because they'd be taking away my rights. The gun registry was a complete waste of $2 B that our military could have used, all it did was turn innocent people into criminals.

I don't know about that limit thing. But I've walked out of stores with crates of ammo, each holding 1200 rounds. I've been buying reloading components since I was 15 without showing ID or being with an adult. I couldn't buy an O ring for my paintball gun because I wasn't 18, but I could buy a few pounds of gun powder, primers, bullets, etc.

We don't have it that bad compared to the states. Our firearm laws aren't being enforced (Alberta opted out). Atleast in Canada you can legally own an sks-d for $180 CAN, and use Ak-47 mags with it....not legal in the states.

I DO NOT OWN ANY GUNS, CHECK THE REGISTRY, I DONT EVEN HAVE MY FAC YET, THIS IS JUST MY VIEW
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

AKcharger

I was a CCL holder in AK...9mm MarkarovFor me. Cheap and if you did have to engage someone the projectile could loadge under the skin can cause a nasty infection! Also it's pretty darn accurate! (Makarov is a Russin copy of a Walter PPK for non gun people)

Lowprofile

I've been eyeballing this little jem from Para-Ordnance. They call it the "Hawg"   I've had a P-13 45 for years, and I love it, but its a hand cannon! I also like Wilson Combat's custom 45's.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

CB

If I carry a gun and the police find out I'll end up in jail.

The only gun I may carry is my own, if you know what I mean.  ;)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Wakko

Quote from: AKcharger on October 01, 2005, 02:36:34 AM
I was a CCL holder in AK...9mm MarkarovFor me. Cheap and if you did have to engage someone the projectile could loadge under the skin can cause a nasty infection! Also it's pretty darn accurate! (Makarov is a Russin copy of a Walter PPK for non gun people)

Not exactly.  The PA-63 is a copy of the PPK but fires the Makarov 9x18 round.  The Makarov is it's own weapon and ugly as sin.  I personally think the PA63 is a big piece of HLPAG and wouldn't trust it as a paperweight.  The Makarov though, is a fine weapon (if you get the actual German version.  The copies are still good but not as high of quality).  When buying 9x18 ammo, don't get Wolf..it's very undependable and steel jacketed, can destroy the backstop at a gun range.

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Charger Aficionado

My grandpa had one of these that I used take out to the ranch and keep it in my pocket.  (Called a Pocket Pistol)  Was an Officer's handgun in WWII.  My grandfather was in the Secret Service and worked for the mint in Pa...  I suspect that is how/why he got it.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=37518471

This is probably my next handgun: 

SeattleCharger

In my early twenties I had a concealed weapons permit and had a Smith & Wesson nickel plated 44 Magnum Revolver, six inch barrel.     After a while my friends said, there is nothing good going to come from having a pistol, I wasn't a cop or anything, I sold the thing for more than I paid at least, only gun I would consider owning now is a shotgun, not a concealed weapon of course, just for home protection or hunting.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Drache

Well my current collection starts with:

.303 British WW2 rifle and bayonet
30-30 Winchester Model 94
Sawed off .410
single shot .12 gauge
7mm Remington Magnum
.308 Parker & Hale Norma Magnum
.22 single shot
C-7 (Canadian M-16)
.22 Western Style Revolver
Walther P99
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Plumcrazy

In cooler weather with heavier clothes I like my S&W 3913.

In hot weather I'm with Wakko, I love my Kel-Tec P3AT.   You can carry that little thing wherever you want while wearing whatever you want all day long.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

doctorpimp

Quote from: Drache on October 01, 2005, 02:34:03 PM
Well my current collection starts with:

.303 British WW2 rifle and bayonet
30-30 Winchester Model 94
Sawed off .410
single shot .12 gauge
7mm Remington Magnum
.308 Parker & Hale Norma Magnum
.22 single shot
C-7 (Canadian M-16)
.22 Western Style Revolver
Walther P99
Where did you get the C7?
Diemaco doesn't sell them to Civilians and if it's semi only it's not a C7.
Be careful with the term Sawed-off.  18.5" isn't "sawed-off" and any shorter is illegal if cut.

Here's my collection:

Glock 35 (.40 S&W) I also have a 9mm barrel.
CZ-75 9mm
No 1 MkIII Lee Enfield
No 4 MkI* Lee Enfield
Mosin Nagant 91/38 Scout
SKS-D
Rem 870 Poilice
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Drache

The C-7 was made into a semi-auto by a friend of mine in the Rocky Mountain Rangers based out of Kamloops. And yes the .410 IS sawed off illegally lol
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

doctorpimp

Quote from: Drache on October 01, 2005, 11:07:21 PM
The C-7 was made into a semi-auto by a friend of mine in the Rocky Mountain Rangers based out of Kamloops. And yes the .410 IS sawed off illegally lol
You're obviously not a Cop.
Sorry dude, it's not a C7 just because some militia guy pissed around with it.  Who makes it?

TheGhost

Bootknife, and, occasionally, a Bowie knife.  Depending on where I go.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Stormhammer

what about a MAC 10?   :icon_smile: ( lol no - I dont have one )  :icon_smile_big:

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Stormhammer on October 02, 2005, 02:59:06 PM
what about a MAC 10? :icon_smile: ( lol no - I dont have one ) :icon_smile_big:
Strap-this on for size (I would be smiling about my new toy (shorty Colt M4 upper), but I'm down w/ the flu):...

Chargerguy74

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on October 02, 2005, 07:51:35 PM
Is the lower reciever prohibited?
In Ca. yes.  But I have one that is registered through D.O.J. that is in the shop getting worked on...

Drache

Quote from: doctorpimp on October 02, 2005, 02:23:34 PM
Sorry dude, it's not a C7 just because some militia guy pissed around with it.   Who makes it?

First off no I'm not a cop but I am a volunteer RCMP officer. The shotgun belonged to my grandfather who passed away a couple months ago. Second, the Rocky Mountain Rangers aren't a "militia". They are in the same class as your United States Rangers. As for the C7 it is made by Diemaco and is chambered in 5.56 (.223 remington). The C7 used to be a full auto (not 3 round burst like the american m16) but civilians are not allowed fully automatic weapons.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ChargerHead

Quote from: Wakko on September 30, 2005, 10:16:57 PM
I personally don't like the Glock because the trigger pull is 5.5 pounds all the time.  

Wakko, one can easily replace the 5.5 lb trigger with a 3.5 lb, takes less than a few minutes to change out.   Just FYI!

Brock Samson

As I've aged my vision ain't what it once was so, to forgo the aiming thing i now simply keep this up my sleave...
Comes in handy when riding the bus. Plus, it was cheap.
:P

http://content.kapowwe.com/images3/1-1-272_2.jpg

Drache

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 03, 2005, 12:32:50 AM
As I've aged my vision ain't what it once was so, to forgo the aiming thing i now simply keep this up my sleave...
Comes in handy when riding the bus. Plus, it was cheap.
:P

http://content.kapowwe.com/images3/1-1-272_2.jpg

Jeez Strato! That thing looks like it would blow up in your face just as it would shoot the guy in front of you!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

doctorpimp

Quote from: Drache on October 02, 2005, 09:55:47 PM
Quote from: doctorpimp on October 02, 2005, 02:23:34 PM
Sorry dude, it's not a C7 just because some militia guy pissed around with it.   Who makes it?

First off no I'm not a cop but I am a volunteer RCMP officer. The shotgun belonged to my grandfather who passed away a couple months ago. Second, the Rocky Mountain Rangers aren't a "militia". They are in the same class as your United States Rangers. As for the C7 it is made by Diemaco and is chambered in 5.56 (.223 remington). The C7 used to be a full auto (not 3 round burst like the american m16) but civilians are not allowed fully automatic weapons.
Buddy, your eyes are brown.
First off, I will tell you that I am Canadian Regular Army.  Currently on Operations with ISAF/Op Enduring Freedom.  The Rocky Mountain Rangers ARE in the primary reserve (militia) of the Canadian Forces.  They are no where near the caliber of US Army Rangers or any other Regular Infantry unit.  http://www.army.dnd.ca/ROCKY_MOUNTAIN_RANGERS/the_reserves.htm
I have been to Diemaco in Kitchener ON and I can tell you that they have never sold a C7 to the public.  Only to the CF, Police and certain NATO armies.  I would bet that even as Colt Canada they still won't. 
You don't own a C7, sorry.  They do make an Airsoft C8 though...

Drache

Did I say I bought it doctorpimp? It was given to me by a friend in the Rocky mountain rangers when he switched it over from full to semi. I thought I had made that clear in my first post but I guess not.

As for the Rocky mountain rangers maybe they aren't up to par with the US Rangers (although I believe so) they are not a militia. Their role is to provide an infantry company and a reconnaissance platoon. I had lived in Kamloops for 13 years and since the Drop Zone was next to their base of operations and I watched them train daily.

If it's not a C7 then my friend has lied to me and I apologize.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger Aficionado

I've got a buddy with a Genuine U.S. Army Rig.  Are they're ANY differences other than selector on that C7 Rig compared to a M16?

Do you Canadians like those damn Plastic M16 mags better than the metal???  Do those things have drain Holes at the base?  I've never used one.

ChargerBill

As far as wheel guns I like the Ruger .44 Blackhawk too....and I'm big enough to conceal one. If it had to be small I'd pick a Glock or the P29 Sig Sauer. But if it could be any gun I'd take an older Colt or new Springfield 1911...massive stopping power, feels nice in your hand and about as reliable as you can get.

Other guns I like  ;)
Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle .223
30-06 Remington Mountain Rifle
Winchester pump action short barrel SuperMag 12 gauge
Baretta .38 Snubnose
Ruger Stainless/Synthetic .22 varmint rifle
Taurus 9mm
Ruger .357 Super Redhawk
Life is a highway...

Rocky

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on October 03, 2005, 02:53:34 AM
  Do you Canadians like those damn Plastic M16 mags better than the metal???   Do those things have drain Holes at the base?   I've never used one.

You should look into the M16mags made by HK for the british SA80.  Super heavy duty, with a dual spring that that puts our mags to shame except for the weight.  Acutually our mags don't work for sh!* with their rifles, but theirs are super reliable with the M16.

Rocky

BTW, just to stay on topic.  If CCW laws applied to anyone except law enforcement in CA, I would use the compact version of the .40 cal HK USP that I use for home defense.

doctorpimp

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on October 03, 2005, 02:53:34 AM
  I've got a buddy with a Genuine U.S. Army Rig.   Are they're ANY differences other than selector on that C7 Rig compared to a M16?

Do you Canadians like those damn Plastic M16 mags better than the metal???   Do those things have drain Holes at the base?   I've never used one.
Sorry to have helped stray this topic WAY off of course...
I like our C7 better than the M16A2.   It just feels more robust and it's full auto, not 3 rd burst!
The C7A2 is our latest variant.   It's got a flat to upper receiver fitted with our Elcan C79 3.5x optic.   Ambi-Cocking handle (crap), Ambi-Selecter switch (coming soon), Ambi-Mag release (crap- Rt handed shooters drop their mags occasionally when carrying the rifle loaded.)   The cool part about it is has a 4 position stock in green and matching green handguards and pistol grip.   It's still a 20" barrel though.   Basically the Cdn Army cheaped out and bought off the shelf 'trinket' parts from Brownells.   Every single weapon is ambidextrous, and weapons techs are not permitted to change that to suit the user (left/right handed.)

We got rid of those Crappy plastic mags in 1995.   They would have been perfect as throw away mags in a room-temperature battlefield.   The brilliant minds who chose them forgot we get really F**cking cold here in the winter and plastic doesn't like -50*!   More than once I saw a soldiers complete 25 rounds (you couldn't use 30 because it would jam every round down to 25,) come rocketing out under the springs' pressure when he removed it to clear a stoppage (the lips had broken off when the mag was inserted.)
We now use Colt manufactred metal mags from the mid-nineties the hve the Clinton friendly "FOR EXPORT ONLY" stamped on the side.   They did have drainage holes and could be taken apart.
I carry a C8 14" thin barrel because I'm an armoured Mobile Repair Team commander over here.

doctorpimp

doctorpimp

Quote from: Drache on October 03, 2005, 02:12:54 AM
Did I say I bought it doctorpimp? It was given to me by a friend in the Rocky mountain rangers when he switched it over from full to semi. I thought I had made that clear in my first post but I guess not.

As for the Rocky mountain rangers maybe they aren't up to par with the US Rangers (although I believe so) they are not a militia. Their role is to provide an infantry company and a reconnaissance platoon. I had lived in Kamloops for 13 years and since the Drop Zone was next to their base of operations and I watched them train daily.

If it's not a C7 then my friend has lied to me and I apologize.
Just Stop.  Seriously.  Send pics of the receiver beside your Charger door insignia if your're telling the truth.  It should have a Maple Leaf and say Canadian Forces Canadiennes above the serial number.  See the photo of the A2.  On your registration, who is the manufacturer?
I am a legal firearms owner in Canada.  It is illegal for you to own a "converted-auto" rifle.  As an RCMP volunteer you should know that.  Especially if it was stolen from the Army.  You should turn your friend in as either a thief or an illegal arms trafficker, Constable.
The "Militia" is the older term for Canada's Army Reserve.  We refer to them as the "Mo" as in Mo-Litia.  I know because I was in the Militia while I was a student in High School and College, before I man-ed up and signed the dotted line as a Regular.

Orange_Crush

I carry a nine inch large bore meat-cannon.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

4402tuff4u

I love my Sig Sauer P226 it's The best!!! very reliable, no jams and accurate!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Rocky on October 03, 2005, 05:35:25 AM
BTW, just to stay on topic. If CCW laws applied to anyone except law enforcement in CA, I would use the compact version of the .40 cal HK USP that I use for home defense.
You can carry in Ca.  Go to your local Sheriff's office and apply.  Do not say there is any immediate threat (they don't like to approve those ones)...  Just say to "fend off the looters"... 

Chargerguy74

doctorpimp is right. One of my buddies here at work was in the Rangers, or as he called it, the militia for 12 years. Even if that C7 was converted to semiauto only, it would be illegal to be in posession of that reciever.

HeavyFuel

Desert Eagle, 44 mag.

We have thick coats in ND.

Just kidding.....we don't need guns for personal protection up here, just for hunting.  I do have a permit to carry, though, and have a Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge, courtsy of the US Military.  But if I lived anywhere else, you can bet your ass I'd be packin'.

SuBLimE 69

For a true concealed carry gun it's a toss up between the Smith&Wesson Air wieght in 357 or the Glock 27.   I kind lean towards the Glock since it holds a few more rounds.

Since you guys seem to be huge AR fans here is my latest AR addition: 12 inch Lothar Walther barrell with Sound Tech Suppressor.  I got double tax stamped but it was worth it.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

SuBLimE 69

My lastest Class 3 is this 14 inch Benelli M1 Super 90.  It's sitting in the vault waiting on Uncle Sam to send me the stamp.  This is a pic the seller sent me.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

4402tuff4u

I paid $ 580.00  for my sig 226 5 years ago.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

yellowcuda

We have an AR 15, but it is difficult to conceal.  Hmmmm in our pants maybe? :icon_smile_big:

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

Lowprofile

Says ello' to my little friend! :yesnod:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL