News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The best deal I've had so far on eBay...

Started by kab69440, October 04, 2005, 10:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kab69440

I stoppped at the local flea market last weekend, and a vendor there was selling a bunch of casette tapes. A few oldies that I have yet to find on CD, stuff like that. Well, at 3 for a dollar, why not? Even though I have not owned a tape deck since my last one died in 89 or so, I bought a bunch. So, looking for a classic deck to match my ancient Pioneer rack unit, I found this the other day...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=5811017973&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

What a deal, eh? Sometimes it's good to be "stuck in the past", as the corporation formerly known as Chrysler refers to us...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

67_Dodge_Charger

Try finding a record player for those albums I bought ten years ago. :icon_smile_blackeye:

My wife bought me some 8 tracks for my charger.  That was before I informed her that the 8 track player needs of a heart transplant. :yesnod:

Stuck in the past or buying a pos. ???

Robert

Drache

They are re-selling record players right now! I guess there was enough people who liked the old school vinyl and so some compaines started making record players again and selling them.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

41husk

Yes my wife bought an antique looking piece that had a record player, Cassette and CD player, it doesnt sound bad.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

while moving stuff, I collected a big box of the old 78 RPM records from early in the century,.. The really heavy and fragile glass ones?.. really interesting to listen to, old cowboy music, operas and old Cuban jazz etc...   :rotz:
anyhow,.. Try and find a decent 78 RPM player to play those...

kab69440

Quote from: 67_Dodge_Charger on October 05, 2005, 10:00:29 AM
Try finding a record player for those albums I bought ten years ago. :icon_smile_blackeye:

My wife bought me some 8 tracks for my charger.   That was before I informed her that the 8 track player needs of a heart transplant. :yesnod:

Stuck in the past or buying a pos. ???

Robert

I have a nice AM/FM/ 8 track from a 73 New Yorker.  I've thought about throwing it in the 69 "just because". But, I have no 8 tracks. I can't imagine you can buy an 8 track tape that hasn't gone all sticky yet.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

TruckDriver

Quote from: Drache on October 05, 2005, 11:23:28 AM
They are re-selling record players right now! I guess there was enough people who liked the old school vinyl and so some compaines started making record players again and selling them.

Not so much  that as it is that there are a lot of GOOD records that will never be re-recorded to cd.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Nupe

'79 Lil'Red Express.