News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trick or Treaters as tall as you

Started by bull, September 30, 2005, 11:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I don't know if this is a recent phenomenon or if I'm just now noticing it since I have kids but it seems here lately that a good 30% of the 'kids' I see trick or treating on Halloween are as tall as me and need to shave. This has got me contemplating the "trick" portion of the tradition, although I really don't need the potential retaliation.

Is it just me or my area here or am I seeing a lot of 17-year-olds with too much time on their hands begging for candy on Oct. 31? Some of them don't even bother dressing up. ???

Drache

There are still 20 year olds around here trick or treating!  :rotz:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Todd Wilson

And if you f*ck with em  they will come back later after you have went to bed and show you a real trick! Best to give them their candy and let it be!

Todd

bull

Ex-Lax works well 'cause they won't know who did it.

Lowprofile

That's what's sweet about living out in the country. All the little ones are done by 7:30 or so. After that ,the dogs are on "Patrol". Trick or Treat at your own risk! :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Silver R/T

ha ha...just leave pitbull outside on the porch.....trick this be00thes lmao
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mopar_madman

Yeah I get em here, also I get the parents that bring the kids with no costume on holding out a bag for themelves or a newborn baby. I keep a bowl of rocks next to the candy for the adults. I think I might use eggs this year, they should break after a while.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

psykicpup

Quote from: bull on September 30, 2005, 11:13:56 PM
I don't know if this is a recent phenomenon or if I'm just now noticing it since I have kids but it seems here lately that a good 30% of the 'kids' I see trick or treating on Halloween are as tall as me and need to shave. This has got me contemplating the "trick" portion of the tradition, although I really don't need the potential retaliation.

I'm only 5foot tall so even the little kids are my height  :scared:
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

andy74

at least they arent asking for beer,that would be over the line

bull

I didn't get any trick or treaters with facial hair this year. Did they find something else to do, besides drugs?

Andrew

Quote from: bull on October 31, 2005, 11:30:23 PM
I didn't get any trick or treaters with facial hair this year. Did they find something else to do, besides drugs?
Shave mabey?

Khyron

Quote from: andy74 on October 01, 2005, 09:56:07 AM
at least they arent asking for beer,that would be over the line

i did have one try to bum a smoke from me!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bull

41husk

It rained all night so we only got about 10 trick or treaters and all were cute little kids this year.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Orange_Crush

I am a great lover of halloween.  Its my favorite holiday and if you're 30 and wearing a costume, you'll get candy from me (and I give GREAT candy).

If you are some little sullen shithead teenager coming to my door without a costume on and expecting to get candy just because you say "trick or treat" you are SORELY mistaken.

This year, I gave those little bastards a single piece of hard horehound candy each.  They're lucky I didn't piss in thir bags. :flame:
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Chargen69

My sister-in-law had about a 40 year-old woman in a bad witches costume come to her door last night

:rotz: :rotz:

Afturhrz

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 01, 2005, 09:16:41 AM
This year, I gave those little bastards a single piece of hard horehound candy each. They're lucky I didn't piss in thir bags. :flame:

OC..tell us how you really feel!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on November 01, 2005, 12:41:58 PM
Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 01, 2005, 09:16:41 AM
This year, I gave those little bastards a single piece of hard horehound candy each. They're lucky I didn't piss in thir bags. :flame:

OC..tell us how you really feel!

...I'm sorry you had to witness that.

Seriously though...what the heck is up with that?  You're gonna come to my door begging for candy and you don't even bother dressing up???  ITS THE WHOLE DAMNED POINT OF THE HOLIDAY!!!!!!!

Dey come to my house and disrespect me and my home?  Piss on the little douchebags!
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Old Moparz

My wife & I bought candy every year for the first 5 years we lived here, & nobody ever rang the bell to trick or treat. Hell, it was almost a full year before anybody ever rang the bell at all, (Jehovah's Witnesses did it.) & it scared the hell out of us when it did. We didn't buy candy after that figuring we were too far off the beaten path to visit. You can't see the house from the end of the pavement & there's no street lights close enough. The next year, the door bell rang on Halloween & we had nothing to hand out except money. It was the kids who lived on our dead end who came by, & did that until this year. I guess they're all too old, & too cool to go beg for candy, so we're back to where we started, no door bell sounds.

I'll be ready for next year though, my daughter went with one of her friends from school to another neighborhood that gave out tons of candy. She must have gotten 5 pounds of the stuff, so I'll be skimming some off the pile & hiding it in the cabinet for next year if the door bell rings. It won't matter how old they are, as long as the bell rings there's candy. Stale maybe, but still candy.   :icon_smile_big:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

ChgrSteve67

I had 123 t-or-t visitors this year. Down from previous years.
I know at least three groups that came to my door twice.
Most adults stand on the sidewalk and keep an eye on thier kids from a distance.
Some come to the door but don't ask for candy ( I give the kid extra, because you know the parent is going to take some of the kids candy anyways)
Only one person came to my door that I felt was older than me (I'm 37).
Figured if you got the balls to ask I'll give you a 50 cent piece of candy.

This year for the first time I gave out toys.
Little hand clappers and yo-yo's along with spider rings and skull rings.
The kids really got jazed about getting a toy.
I'll probably do that again.

I know sometimes I get pissed off when I think someone is taking advantage of me or feeding me a line of bull,
but when everything is said and done its just candy.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.  :icon_smile_cool:

Charger_Fan

We've gotten to the point where we buy enough candy to fill a big halloween bowl (about a gallon size). When the candy's gone, we hit the lights, lock the door & go downstairs to watch a movie.

Sometimes I even stuff a sock in the doorbell ringer. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

We had a gallon bucket of candy, but, only 5 kids showed up.  All young ones, no teens.  There was ALOT of candy left over.  Of course, when I come home from work today, I find that my brother ate all but a couple suckers. :eyes:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

CFMopar

We didn't get too many kids this year. But my neighbourhood has grown up since I was a kid when their where lots of us out. I remeber people being stingy when I was in grade 8 going trick or treating. Their was one house that allways gave us pop every year. That was our favorite.

or a sour note

A 15 year old got stabbed for his candy in a city near me... real sad that people cant enjoy this holiday like it used to be  :rotz:

1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

cudaken

I went T&T ing this year, I was dressed as Cuda Ken beging for beer and Clivett 77 440 bearings ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

bull

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on November 01, 2005, 03:50:08 PM

I know sometimes I get pissed off when I think someone is taking advantage of me or feeding me a line of bull,
but when everything is said and done its just candy.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.   :icon_smile_cool:

It's not that I'm angry about it or being stingy with the candy, I'm just wondering about the state of mind of these people. You'd think they would mature a little over the 10 years between 7 and 17 because there's sort of an unwritten rule that treats are for the small kids. It's not just the teens either because I had what looked like an 11 year old stand there with a half full paper grocery bag waiting for me to give her the "baby's share" of candy too. Like 10 lbs. of candy isn't enough for her and her four month old sister. I guess I just get tired of every little event or holiday getting screwed up by the few morons out there who only care about themselves.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sort of fitting to this topic......

Funny stuff!  I love this guy Foamy......

WARNING not kid or work safe (language)

http://www.illwillpress.com/hoopla.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

CFMopar

hoopla is awsome hehe. He's got lots of good cartoons.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: bull on November 01, 2005, 07:40:34 PM
I guess I just get tired of every little event or holiday getting screwed up by the few morons out there who only care about themselves.
:iagree:

But that is the way it is always going to be.

If you try to hurt the morons you will also hurt those who deserve it.

Concentrate on the people that deserve it, the morons will get what is comming to them eventually.

:Twocents:

bull

I like the rinky-dink toy idea for next year because little kids love them, big kids don't. :icon_smile_evil: :devil: