News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Deck lid lateral adjustment on C500/Daytona deck lids.

Started by hemi68charger, January 29, 2011, 08:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...
Any clue on how to adjust the side gap on the C500/Daytona trunk lids? Mine is getting too close to the passenger side and I have to be careful.

Picture #1:
Passenger side gap

Picture #2
Driver's side gap

Thanks in advance.......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

65post

This might sound a little high tech but if the gaps are all even top to bottom - side to side with one side being a bigger gap open up the lid 1/2 way and with your two hands ( on the tight side ) give it a light push over until you are even on both sides.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

randr

I agree! high tech stuff here...lift lid half way and push.  :icon_smile_big:
I'm Bored! what to do next......

Charger-Bodie

But first. Is the latch pulling it over or is this how its adjusted? The lid should be adjusted without the latch in place ,so that it is completely neutral.

Not that pushing it over is a bad idea or anything, but there is usually some side to side in the slop of the hinge bolt holes. I would try those first. Loosen one bolt on each hinge push it over then if more is need try the oppisite bolt on the hinges. If after that it still needs to go over  then do the half way up push to tweak the hinges just slightly.

The first thing you really need to know is if the latch is pulling it over or ir the lid is infact out of whack though.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

randr

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on January 29, 2011, 09:05:32 PM
But first. Is the latch pulling it over or is this how its adjusted? The lid should be adjusted without the latch in place ,so that it is completely neutral.

Not that pushing it over is a bad idea or anything, but there is usually some side to side in the slop of the hinge bolt holes. I would try those first. Loosen one bolt on each hinge push it over then if more is need try the oppisite bolt on the hinges. If after that it still needs to go over  then do the half way up push to tweak the hinges just slightly.

The first thing you really need to know is if the latch is pulling it over or ir the lid is infact out of whack though.

Good point. i suppose if pushing seems harsh you could tweak hinges when off car to fix issue also.
I'm Bored! what to do next......

hemi68charger

Thanks guys.. I tried the "Heave !!! Ho" already...  The latch is properly positioned. It's when I'm shutting it and the forward edge always interfaces with the quarter first. That's where the problem is. Once the deck lid touches the latch, it latches fine. I do believe I'm being too cautious with fear of breaking something, I'll just this time give it a "real" Heave-ho"

.... I'll just make sure the lock ring is in place each time I do it so it doesn't go sailing......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection