News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

V2 Hemi Daytona on ebay

Started by pettybird, November 17, 2007, 12:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Quote from: daytonalo on November 17, 2007, 08:27:09 PM
The nicest Daytona yet ! over restored , but super nice !!!

Going to have to disagree with you on this one. Not the nicest Daytona yet. Not even the nicest Daytona that was at Carlisle this year.

tan top

:drool5: sure love to have that one  :yesnod: :yesnod: ........................ :'(
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 70charger_boy on November 17, 2007, 09:05:43 PM

Mark my words.  I will buy that car and I will drive it every single day.  Rain,sleet,snow. 

sureeee............. :D

Thanks for posting the auction, I just added the vin number to my database :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

65post

Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Fitz73Chrgr

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Thats my dream car right there.  I'm sure it is quite a few others dream car as well. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

hemigeno

69bronzeT5

Quote from: hemigeno on November 23, 2007, 01:38:13 AM
;)

**Dead Link Removed**

there it is! I was trying to look for it but I couldnt find it. I thought to myself....I swear I posted in a thread about that car..and I guess I was right :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

very nice car and a hemi also ,  wow  not met reserve yet either ? and in this soft market
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Alright so what is the second link for? This one?
**Dead Link Removed**

I tried clicking on it, but it says I'm not authorized to see it.

Man I wanna know wing car secrets too.  :nana:

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on November 23, 2007, 11:06:59 AM
**Dead Link Removed**

we have no access ?

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on November 23, 2007, 11:06:59 AM
**Dead Link Removed**

Well, when the second thread started up I replied with a link to the first one - in the hopes that further comments would have been added to the original thread.

When the other comments started rolling in I thought it would be better to merge the threads since they are both about the same car.  However when I did the merge, the link I put into the second thread referencing the first thread was then messed up - since the original pre-merge thread is (I think) buried in the Forum's Server backup.  It takes someone with Troy's level of access to get into the backup/archives, and that isn't necessary even for the Moderators to have - meaning I get the same message you get.

The link I posted was intended to take people to this thread, so it's a circular reference now anyway.

Lesson for Geno:  Lock duplicate threads...

:brickwall:

69_500

So its now a never ending cirlce, or is it a circle with an end?  :scratchchin: I'm confused now.

Oh side note, its not exactly my dream car, yeah its a Daytona which is dream car #1 on my list. Yeah its a HEMI, which is dream #1 to go with dream car #1. Its the wrong color combination though for my dream, and oh yeah its missing that shifter that has numbers on it without the D, I think its a called a 4 speed.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on November 23, 2007, 11:38:55 AM
So its now a never ending cirlce, or is it a circle with an end?  :scratchchin: I'm confused now.

Oh side note, its not exactly my dream car, yeah its a Daytona which is dream car #1 on my list. Yeah its a HEMI, which is dream #1 to go with dream car #1. Its the wrong color combination though for my dream, and oh yeah its missing that shifter that has numbers on it without the D, I think its a called a 4 speed.
your way to picky LOL

69_500

Yeah I know. I'm so picky that as long as it has XX in the VIN I like it. But that doesn't mean its the favorite of those. There are at least 630 known to choose from, but yeah I do have a few that are absolute favorites.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on November 23, 2007, 11:51:40 AM
Yeah I know. I'm so picky that as long as it has XX in the VIN I like it. But that doesn't mean its the favorite of those. There are at least 630 known to choose from, but yeah I do have a few that are absolute favorites.
at this point in life i would take anything i could get real or not ( but would love to have any real one )

Troy

Gene, when you merged the threads all the posts became part of this one so, technically, the old one is gone forever. I get the same message you guys do since it doesn't exist. It's probably best to remove the link altogether since it pretty much slams into a wall rather than circling. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemigeno

Quote from: Troy on November 23, 2007, 12:13:36 PM
Gene, when you merged the threads all the posts became part of this one so, technically, the old one is gone forever. I get the same message you guys do since it doesn't exist. It's probably best to remove the link altogether since it pretty much slams into a wall rather than circling. ;)

Troy

Gotcha.  Already cleaned up the mess I made...

You'd think after this long I'd have the hang of this Moderator thing - Good to know that the reinforcements have arrived!!

Troy

Quote from: hemigeno on November 23, 2007, 12:19:32 PM
Quote from: Troy on November 23, 2007, 12:13:36 PM

Troy

Gotcha.  Already cleaned up the mess I made...

You'd think after this long I'd have the hang of this Moderator thing - Good to know that the reinforcements have arrived!!
Ha! Should I tell everyone else?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemigeno

Quote from: Troy on November 23, 2007, 12:21:28 PM
Ha! Should I tell everyone else?

Troy

They'll find out sooner or later (if they haven't already)   :2thumbs:

69_500

:cheers: Yeah the reinforcements finally made it to this section.  :icon_smile_big:

Okay anyways back to the topic at hand.  :drool5: HEMI DAYTONA's Gotta love 'em.

Moparmatty

Just to ad to the rear axle bumper debate.  My '70 440+6 Roadrunner, 4.10 Dana, had the non-Dana bumpers on it from the factory.
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

69_500

Are you guys talking about the rubber bumper, or the metal bracket that the rubber piece attaches to?

hemigeno

Danny, we've been looking at the framerail bumpers not the pinion bumper.  Most Dana cars did get the larger bumpers, but there seem to be more than a few exceptions to the rule.  The factory's paperwork isn't too clear on the subject either and I haven't been able to find a definitive answer yet.

The car we looked at in Detroit was one of the cars that had the smaller bumpers even though it's a Dana car.  I just didn't pay close enough attention or ask any questions about it at the time.   :brickwall:

I am wondering though... were the 727+Dana cars more likely to have the smaller bumpers than the 4-speed cars?  Curious to know if the "exception" cars were all automatics.   :scratchchin:

69_500

Hey Gene, quit adding things for me to look and stare at on the show field would ya?  :icon_smile_wink:

Now I'm going to be looking at front fenders, engine compartments and holes, rivets, bolt heads, rear marker bezels, jack's and their hold down plate location, top of tail lights for hidden messages, and then crawling under cars to look for bumpers. Ah well I guess I tend to only look at 3-4 cars at each show anyways, why not.  :nana:

Charger-Bodie

.....on the topic of the frame rail bumpers (bottom out bumpers) : last year we did a restoration a 69 1/2 rr it had the small bumpers and they were buried in factory undercoat so Im sure they were original! :Twocents:....and yes it was a Dana60 car :yesnod: EDIT also a 4 speed!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............