News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of my "easy to do" Charger from HLPAG

Started by AirborneSilva, October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

Thanks guys, the frame rail deal fell through  :'( so if anyone knows of any please let me know..  The guy who had the rails was honest enough that when he started taking them out he noticed some areas that were of question so he decided not to sell them, I do appreciate him being honest and not selling me junk.

AirborneSilva

Hey Mark, yeah I did contact Texas acres, they wanted I believe it was like 250 per side, that's out of my budget right now.  I haven't heard of Wild car auto wrecking.  I will be doing all my own blasting on the car, so all parts will be blasted and if they need replacing I will know then, hopefully I can repair most parts, the left front fender concerns me so I will probably need to replace that and I know that is not going to be cheap...

AirborneSilva

I thought that's who you were talking about, I did send them a parts request but never heard back from them, which surprised me since I asked him about something else and he was a super nice guy...  thanks for the link and number...

472 R/T SE

Wildcat doesn't have a lot of '68-'70 b body stuff.  But it doesn't hurt to try.  Ask for Dennis, he's a buddy of mine who knows his Mopes.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 25, 2007, 07:33:15 PM
Wildcat doesn't have a lot of '68-'70 b body stuff.  But it doesn't hurt to try.  Ask for Dennis, he's a buddy of mine who knows his Mopes.

Thanks, I will.

BlueSS454

If it's of any reassurance to you, my 69 was almost as bad as yours is.  The only thing I had going for me were solid frame rails.  I replaced everything else (quarters, trunk floors/drop offs, outer wheel houses, rockers, interior floors, fabbed up pieces that weren't available)  It can be done, just takes time.  At times, this will irritate you to the point where you want to give up on it, DON"T!!!  It will be worth it in the end to look at what you have accomplished.  I can't tell you how many times I said to myself "Why the hell am I getting this deep in this car"  Now, 16 months later, it's near ready for paint and in a few short months it will be painted, have the running gear installed and be back on the road.
Tom Rightler

Doc74

Tony I'll contact you shortly, sorry I was mia for a while.

Oh and I don't mind you mentioning me, I have nothing to hide  :icon_smile_big:

MOPARHOUND!

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Doc74 on January 31, 2007, 10:21:04 AM

Cool Doc, I do appreciate all your help with the technical advice and spending as much time as you do explaining things to me.  Oh, and the mia thing, don't worry about it, I know you are a busy man...

AirborneSilva

MOPARHOUND, one word - WOW!!!  ok another - DAMN!!  that was one hell of a job, I can only hope mine will turn out half as nice.  Thanks for the link too.

hemi-hampton

MOPARHOUND, You forgot to mention that that guy probably has $100,000+ into that purple 70 R/T's Restoration.   ::) LEON.

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 31, 2007, 10:52:27 PM
MOPARHOUND, You forgot to mention that that guy probably has $100,000+ into that purple 70 R/T's Restoration.   ::) LEON.

Forgot?  Again...........

Quote....money and time.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

Doc74

Quote from: AirborneSilva on January 31, 2007, 07:53:37 PM
Quote from: Doc74 on January 31, 2007, 10:21:04 AM

Cool Doc, I do appreciate all your help with the technical advice and spending as much time as you do explaining things to me.  Oh, and the mia thing, don't worry about it, I know you are a busy man...

Thanks for understanding, I finally sent out a small text to your hotmail today.

AirborneSilva

Doc,  First, Welcome to the USA!  and second, "small text"  hell my friend that was a small novel  :icon_smile_big: thank you, I did get it and read it over, just didn't have the chance to respond. 

Thank you again for all your help, it is much appreciated.

Doc74

Quote from: AirborneSilva on February 02, 2007, 09:17:58 PM
Doc,  First, Welcome to the USA!  and second, "small text"  hell my friend that was a small novel  :icon_smile_big: thank you, I did get it and read it over, just didn't have the chance to respond. 

Thank you again for all your help, it is much appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome ! I'm glad I'm finally with my woman...here's hoping she feels the same  :icon_smile_big:

Ah yes, I may have typed a bit much...sorry about that, I get carried away sometimes but I always say better explain too much than not enough...actually I just made that up but it sounds good  :D

I'll have a new pc in a week or so which will give me back access to my old drive and files . Then if I can get some faster internet connection it'll become a bit easier. I can' really see pics larger than 100k right now which is a drag.

After what those hlpag a**holes did to you I don't see how any of us who have the means to help can just sit and watch so no need to thank me, it's my pleasure.

AirborneSilva

Well I have acquired a parts car, there's not much left of it so I got it cheap but the rear rails and all connecting pieces are there.  The trunk floor pan is not useable and most of the floor pan that I need is not useable but the inner wheel wells are both good, and there is a few places that I will need to get patch pieces from that are good and will make easy fixes since I don't have to worry about matching the shapes.

nh_mopar_fan

Nice. That was the way I would've gone as well. I'm guessing you got it for less than what those thieves wanted for just the rails.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on February 07, 2007, 08:36:07 PM
Nice. That was the way I would've gone as well. I'm guessing you got it for less than what those thieves wanted for just the rails.

Yep, I got it for less then half of what they wanted for just one rail.  The guy parted out pretty much all parts that you don't have to cut off (there is still some pieces but not much), and just wanted to get rid of what was left.  One rail will need some work but it's nothing major.

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

AirborneSilva

Not much to look at but when I get it here I will take some pictures.

charger_mike75

hows yer car coming along? send me a list of parts u need and i'll dig through my stuff to see if i have somethin for u.

AirborneSilva

Thank you Mike,

I've been meaning to update this.  I have finally gotten some rear frame rails sections, I cleaned them up and fixed a couple minor spots on them so they are about ready to be installed (just as soon as I can get a guy I know to help me with the measurements and placement - I do not want to screw this up or everything else with be screwed too!!)...  I will get you a list, and THANK YOU  :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

charger_mike75

did you say somewhere you wanted to put A/C in it? If you did I have all the A/C parts out of mine you can have. As far as the other parts I will look and see.      Mike

AirborneSilva

Quote from: charger_mike75 on April 16, 2007, 04:31:49 PM
did you say somewhere you wanted to put A/C in it? If you did I have all the A/C parts out of mine you can have. As far as the other parts I will look and see.      Mike

Yep, as a matter of fact I did say that  :icon_smile_big: I didn't know how hard it would be to do since it's a non AC car...

Charger-Bodie

skip the a/c man youll have the windows down listening to the gine and the tires frying anyway ...imo
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............