News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of my "easy to do" Charger from HLPAG

Started by AirborneSilva, October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

Yeah I'm getting old and like my comfort, I even use the A/C when I go out 4 wheeling  :icon_smile_big:

Doright

Just now found this thread

Whats the update on this story? its been almost two years
Do you still have the car? did you sue them? (I would have in small claims court at least while on my vacation) 

Just a tad bit on ebay;
Never buy a car without inspecting first (or any other big ticket items! for that matter) Having it inspected by some one you trust ebay has links to provide this service for Most cars sales bought and sold on ebay are covered by insurance to 20 k in most cases but rules must be followed as in this case you were defrauded even though you were over there 30 day period that sucks should be up to six months or at least 3 months 90 days.  :rotz:  :flame:  :brickwall:  :RantExplode:

Ebay should never allow sellers feedback to be private :RantExplode: :flame:, By the way when I see that I never bid on item there is a reason they are hiding it.

I would think the FBI Internet fraud would go after these guy's or Federal postal Mail inspectors for Mail fraud. If it was me or you they would!!!
Did you ever try Mail fraud department? of the postal dept. f payment was made in mail you could go after them for mail fraud I would think Evan though it was a deal made on ebay payment came threw the mail. 

Sorry you got the shaft by these guy's but not every one that sells on ebay is a bad guy.
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

AirborneSilva

I have pretty much tried everything you have suggested to get some satisfaction from these crooks but the FBI doesn't care (not enough money), the Illinois AG doesn't care (as far as they are concerned they did their job), we talked to a lawyer who told us he would take the case but we would end up spending more money then we would get back, and we thought of small claims but if we win how do we collect from crooks who really don't give a damn and are so far away?  So, we just decided to get to work on it, which in and of itself has been both exciting and depressing.  What I have done so far is to remove everything that was left in the interior (except the passenger door window, haven't figured that out yet), I have bought some rear frame rails sections, cleaned them up a bit and am waiting for a guy I know in my jeep club to find the measurements of the rear rails so I can splice them in, which is making me pretty nervous since I don't want to screw that up!  I have gotten the front valance and lights that go in it from mikepmcs, thank very much Mike, and lots of information from Doc, many thanks to you too! 

Doright

When you are sued in small claims they have the opportunity to pay then if they don't pay it goes on there credit record till payed as a judgment against them, And after that you have the opportunity to file a lean against his home and other property as well, until the dept is paid.
If I were you I would do it too!!!!!!!!! At least you would have the satisfaction of knowing they cant buy any thing on there credit for many years! or until they make you happy enough to remove the deal by saying its paid in full. Maybe it would force them too settle with you, Which I'm sure they would as it was and is a full on Fraud case which in itself is a felony in most states. If you would win in a civil suit against them the state might even go after him after that.

At least file the papers and I bet he settles out of court.
Its your money and time But its money and time well spent.
If you do file you will get a court date to show up, just show up with all your pics and tell the judge the whole story.

By the way if you google his ebay name this story comes up first Before any Ebay adds!
Doright
A&P FCC 

AirborneSilva

Doright, I apreciate your input but I have talked to too many people to include lawyers and members of law enforcement, they all tell me good luck!  I was sold the car under a business name (his business not mine), and have been told that I could only put a lean against the business and have further been told they will just change the name and still get nothing.  I'm trying to just put that behind me (but I still want people to know how they screwed me and others, so it's awesome this thread comes up when they are googled  :icon_smile_big:), and move on with the business of trying to get this car back on the road someday, hopefully sooner rather then later.  I still do get frustrated and certainly feel that if some harm did happen to come to good ole hans and oscar I would certainly not feel sad in the least, but I am trying to focus on the restoration, the law has failed me so I need to let that part go and learn from it!

Doright

I am glad your ready to move on and compleet the car and I wish you the best of luck with it.

On the other hand  :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:
:rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
Doright
A&P FCC 

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

AirborneSilva

I pretty much have the parts car cut up, and the Charger has not changed, I am waiting on a guy I know to get the factory measurements for the rear rails so we can get those on..  I will definetly post pictures of the rails when I get them on, hopefully soon.

mikepmcs

Tony,
I don't know if you saw this thread but you might want to look at all the pictures Hemigeno posted.  He's got some great ones of the frame rails in there. It's seven pages but might be worth it to show your welder.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25239.0.html

On another note, how's your steering wheel horn pad looking??  I see your wheel is kind of toast but is the horn pad salvageable?

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

AirborneSilva

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 18, 2007, 03:56:17 PM
Tony,
I don't know if you saw this thread but you might want to look at all the pictures Hemigeno posted.  He's got some great ones of the frame rails in there. It's seven pages but might be worth it to show your welder.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25239.0.html

On another note, how's your steering wheel horn pad looking??  I see your wheel is kind of toast but is the horn pad salvageable?

v/r
Mike

Hey Mike, thank you for the link I'll go check it out, and the welder will be me (I sure hope I don't screw it up  :o), anyway I will check out the horn pad and see if it can be saved, I have been kinda ignoring the steering colum as I thought the wheel was a lost cause and figured it was something to worry about WAY down the road.

mikepmcs

Let me know, if you need the wheel.  I just took mine off as it was correct for a 68(horn ring vice pad), so I put the grant correct for the 05 DOH movie on it.

I was going to sell it but if your pad is just a clean and dye job, you can use this wheel and convert it to a 69 by using the pad.  It's black.

I'd much rather you get it then sell it.  I'll keep the horn ring and give it to another member that might need it.  If you don't think you can use it, that's fine too and I'll search for another deserving member, but right now you are first on my list(ok actually 2nd this time but Jim Shine's 68 has a mint wheel on it and he passed).  No offense to anyone else, but if you read this thread you'll most likely agree with me.

Lemmie know brother. :icon_smile_cool:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

CharlieCharger

Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

AirborneSilva

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 18, 2007, 04:08:27 PM
Let me know, if you need the wheel.  I just took mine off as it was correct for a 68(horn ring vice pad), so I put the grant correct for the 05 DOH movie on it.

I was going to sell it but if your pad is just a clean and dye job, you can use this wheel and convert it to a 69 by using the pad.  It's black.

I'd much rather you get it then sell it.  I'll keep the horn ring and give it to another member that might need it.  If you don't think you can use it, that's fine too and I'll search for another deserving member, but right now you are first on my list(ok actually 2nd this time but Jim Shine's 68 has a mint wheel on it and he passed).  No offense to anyone else, but if you read this thread you'll most likely agree with me.

Lemmie know brother. :icon_smile_cool:

v/r
Mike

Mike, once again you are the man - Thank You... 

Here is a picture of the center pad, it has no cracks so I think cleaning and a dye job would make it look like new.  How do you get it off though?  I don't want to screw it up.  Oh, I looked at the wheel and it looks great to me.

Here is a picture of what is left of the Coronet "parts" car that I couldn't get many parts off of, I did get some sheet metal that I can use for patches here and there.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: CharlieCharger on April 18, 2007, 04:26:05 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on April 18, 2007, 04:12:28 PM
oh, and here is what it looks like too.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,26936.0.html

v/r
Mike

That is really kind of you, I wish I could help with parts as well :cheers:

Mike has been very good to me and I can't thank him enough.  I do apreciate the thought of wanting to help and if you live in our nations captial area I will be moving there in a couple of months so I can certainly use some help with this thing, man the more I look at it the more I see needs to be done and I get a little overwhelmed and fearful that I'm going to screw it up....

mikepmcs

Tony,
I assume you are talking about the pictures of my wheel, right, meaning you could put it to some use?  If so, it's on the way!

v/r
Mike

AirborneSilva

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 18, 2007, 04:38:18 PM
Tony,
I assume you are talking about the pictures of my wheel, right, meaning you could put it to some use?  If so, it's on the way!

v/r
Mike

You assume correctly Sir  :yesnod: and thank you agian for your kindness, when you come down to visit your parents you are definetly going to have to let me know so the wife and I can buy you dinner or something....

mikepmcs

That's right, you are in the DC area now right?

v/r
Mike

AirborneSilva

No yet, we should be there in a couple of months.  You know how slow the federal government works!!!  We are still waiting for the "Official" phone call to offer the wife the job, seems some idiot who does personel actions was against my wife going back to work due to her illness, the person who hired her for the job asked him if he was a doctor and that shut him up but he has been dragging his feet due to his oposition of hiring my wife.

AutoRust

I have a copy of the factory frame measurements on a B-Body,
Send me an e-mail and I will send you a pdf file

Dave

sales    at     autorust.com

:yesnod:
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

AirborneSilva

rob9593

Go ahead and file fraud prootection with Ebay.....I bought a similar Coronet on Ebay once....same story, strategic photos and a fraudulant description.....I emailed him all the questions of the stuff I couldn't see in his photos, and asked for new photos or a description and again the replies were fraudulant....

I sent Ebay Fraud an email and a concurrent email to the seller 'firm, but not billegerant' asking for my money back or a sizeable discount on the car, and he did........ you got nothing to lose by trying....but R/T or not, that car is a long way off........

AirborneSilva

Rob, yeah it is a long way off and sometimes that can be very depressing, I have thought about selling my jeep so I can get a running 68, 69 or 70 Charger R/T then I can take my time with this one and not be so depressed or anxious to get it done - and I really love my jeep!

As for your suggestion of contacting E-bay's fraud department, done - but not soon enough, they basically told me to go pound sand that I waited too long (it had to be within 35 days of the sale closing).  Which rubs sand into the wound, especially since when my wife was composing a letter to the Illinois AG I asked her repeatedly to cc e-bay (this would have been within the 35 day window), she did not and I am screwed! 

autodynamics

AirborneSilva