News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of my "easy to do" Charger from HLPAG

Started by AirborneSilva, October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

I know Tony and the Mrs. moved to the DC area a little while ago, he was last active July 15th.  DC is a very busy place(kind of from the NOVA area myself, my entire family lives there)) and with the move and trying to adapt to that culture(meaning hustle and bustle) can be very tiring I imagine.  I hope they are doing well and are adjusting to the new lifestyle of the busy DELMARVA area.
Just like everyone, we all get busy at times and this might be a little lower on the list of things to do when life happens.  I'm just glad I always have this place to come back to, it's like an old friend, well 5600 of them anyway. :icon_smile_big:
Here's to the Silva's :cheers:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AirborneSilva

Hi Guys,

No I have not sold my Charger, Mike is right, the Mrs. and I moved from Arizona to the DC area, NOVA which stands for Northern Virginia - Annandale to be exact.  The short answer is that my Charger is stuck in Arizona, the long answer is that while the Mrs. and I are making more money then we ever have the cost of living here is so ridicules that I can not afford to get my Charger here (and people think living in Hawaii is expensive - not compared to this place!!).  The command that I work for (I am an Army Civilian), is slated to move to San Antonio Texas in the within the next 1 to 2 years and some could be going as soon as within the next 6 to 9 months.  I am going to try to be one of the first to get out of there, then I should be able to get my Charger and start working on her.  Well that is the long and short of it.  I do appreciate your guys interest as well as encouragement, just keep happy thoughts that I can get to Texas soon...

CB

HEy, I'll kep my fingers crossed. For you and your project!  :2thumbs:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

AKcharger

y3chargerrt

AirborneSilva

Actually it's not all that bad living here, if it weren't so damn expensive!!!!!  A few years ago my wife said she wanted to work at the pentagon, I told her no way, well a few years later here we are and if the cost of living was, well, liveable I wouldn't mind staying here for a few years (but only a few then back to Hawaii), but like I said in an earlier post we make pretty damn good money but out of each pay check after paying the bills I have btween $150 and $180 bucks for gas (and we all know how much that costs), and any other incidentals (like medicine - I am getting older), so by the time the next pay day comes around I am close to $0.00 and that SUCKS!  No money left for the Charger or for my Hemi Ram..

AutoRust

Quote from: AirborneSilva on August 02, 2008, 09:56:15 AM
the cost of living here is so ridicules that I can not afford to get my Charger here (and people think living in Hawaii is expensive - not compared to this place!!).

Welcome to the east coast.   :pity:

D.C. is right up there for cost of living, as is any big east coast city. Think NYC, Boston, Philly,
I hope it works out for you and you get back to where its affordable. But really, is Hawaii that much cheaper then DC ?
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

AirborneSilva

I lived in Hawaii for 13 years and made no where near what the wife and I are making now and did just fine, had money to play and to put into my toys.  We talk to friends in Hawaii regularly and gas there (on Oahu), and gas there is about the same as it is here, housing is cheaper, food prices are about the same, but you have no heating or cooling bills and that's close to $200 a month - so yeah, it is cheaper to live in hawaii then to live the the DC area.

68RRFlyer

I sent you a PM about your Charger project.  I did basically the same thing, and even did a rocker replacement too.  Check out my site and it'll show you that even regular guys like us can indeed, do this type of work.  :2thumbs:   

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3060875

Cheers  :cheers:
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

AirborneSilva

Hey Dave, thank you for the reply and I did a quick look see at your website but promise to give it a good look over later (after the honey do's are done).  Yeah I think that if we take our time and ask the right questions we can get it done, you are living proof.  I will be moving to Texas sometime within the next 12 to 18 months and will be able to get my Charger then and start working on her.

Thanks,
Tony

1FastCharger

Hey Silva, I'm in San Antonio. Do you know where you will be yet? I am on the NE side. I have lived here since '82. Give me a call when you get settled in. I can help you get familiarized with the new town and give you a heads up on waht or where to avoid. You will like SA as far as cost of living goes, but it is friggin hot here.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

AirborneSilva

1fast charger, thank you.  I will not be there until next summer, wish we were going sooner!  I don't have a clue when we will be moving there other then "next summer" is what my command is telling us.  I don't mind the heat too much, I grew up in the central valley of cali where it gets 110-115 all the time (with no humidity of course), and my A/C works great in my dodge Ram Hemi  :yesnod:...  We will have to stay in touch so I will have a ready made friend and fellow MOPAR man when I get there.

Thanks,
Tony

PatrickPeeters

There's No rust, There's nothing left to rust!!!!!
:rotz:
Quote from: AirborneSilva on October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM
Here are some pictures of my Charger that HLPAG lied lke a mo fo on their e-bay add on.   Also is a direct quote from the add.   I have plenty of other pics of rusted areas and or damage that they failed to mention and that their strategicly (spelling) taken pictures failed to show, but don't want to bore anyone to death..

Patrick  :punkrocka:

Cooter

Tony, don't know you but I have repaired cars like yours in the past by myself...It can be done..Bout the only advise I can offer would be the fact that try not to look at how much is left to go, but how much you get done at a time. Before you know it, it will be to the point to where you kinda "Try and forget" how bad it was in the beginning...Just remember when a car is fixed from this state of disrepair, there's no better feeling than seeing the eyes of those who wrote that poor Charger off...With AMD now on board, there isn't a car out there that can't be saved with enough time, money, and patience...There comes a time when you are in so deep that it really doesn't matter how much you have in the car, you'll never recoup the "Investment"...Afterall, I know you didn't want to spend the next 4 years working on your dream car, but in the end, I don't think you bought the car looking to try and recoup your investment anyway so have fun and if there's anything I can do to try and help out, feel free to ask brother...If you do pull this off, it will be a huge feather in your cap...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

hemi-hampton

This threads over 2 years old. Where'd airbornesilva go :shruggy:   LEON.

WB General Lee

Thats a shame Hlpag should be put out of business. Thats what I cant stand is a crooked operation like that.  :flame:

The70RT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 10, 2010, 09:53:16 PM
This threads over 2 years old. Where'd airbornesilva go :shruggy:   LEON.

I was wondering the same, he hasn't posted in several months. :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AirborneSilva

Cooter, thank you for the kind words.  Long story short - the car is in Arizona and I'm in San Antonio Texas (by way of DC), anyway after my Mom's passing less than two months ago I have decided in her honor I am going to sell this 69 R/T and get a 68 R/T which is the first car I ever owned and was bought from her after a bit of talking. 

Quote from: Cooter on November 10, 2010, 09:24:35 PM
Tony, don't know you but I have repaired cars like yours in the past by myself...It can be done..Bout the only advise I can offer would be the fact that try not to look at how much is left to go, but how much you get done at a time. Before you know it, it will be to the point to where you kinda "Try and forget" how bad it was in the beginning...Just remember when a car is fixed from this state of disrepair, there's no better feeling than seeing the eyes of those who wrote that poor Charger off...With AMD now on board, there isn't a car out there that can't be saved with enough time, money, and patience...There comes a time when you are in so deep that it really doesn't matter how much you have in the car, you'll never recoup the "Investment"...Afterall, I know you didn't want to spend the next 4 years working on your dream car, but in the end, I don't think you bought the car looking to try and recoup your investment anyway so have fun and if there's anything I can do to try and help out, feel free to ask brother...If you do pull this off, it will be a huge feather in your cap...

AirborneSilva

Thank you guys for the posts, I am still here and have lurked around the forum from time to time just haven't made any posts. 

I do believe that HLPAG has been put out of business, well under that name anyway.  The last time I looked for them they were gone, hopefully for good but crooks like them usually just change their name and keep on screwing people!

tan top

hey nice to hear from you ABS  :cheers: sorry to hear about your mom , how much have you got done on the 69 :scratchchin: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PatrickPeeters

I'm really curious about the progress indeed.
And if you're planning to sell it, really like to see what state the car is 1 at this time.

bull

A word of advice on your next Charger purchase; don't buy it from Hans. :D

AirborneSilva

Thank you tan top, She was a good mother!

the only thing I've really done to the 69 is section in the rear frame rails, that's all I could get done before I had to leave Arizona for DC.  Now I'm in San Antonio so the Charger is still a few hundred miles away.  I need to talk to the friend who is storing it for me and get it on craigs list or something.

Patrick, I haven't seen the car in three years now but it's sitting in Arizona so I think it hasn't gotten any worse - and it really couldn't  :shruggy:

bull.... Great advice!  The next Charger I will physicaly put my hands on it and not just trust pictures and some clown over the phone telling me lies!

PatrickPeeters

Quote from: AirborneSilva on November 12, 2010, 09:50:59 PM
Thank you tan top, She was a good mother!

the only thing I've really done to the 69 is section in the rear frame rails, that's all I could get done before I had to leave Arizona for DC.  Now I'm in San Antonio so the Charger is still a few hundred miles away.  I need to talk to the friend who is storing it for me and get it on craigs list or something.

Patrick, I haven't seen the car in three years now but it's sitting in Arizona so I think it hasn't gotten any worse - and it really couldn't  :shruggy:

bull.... Great advice!  The next Charger I will physicaly put my hands on it and not just trust pictures and some clown over the phone telling me lies!

Thanks for respond....guessing it would be to much and to hard work for me, and then I would be in over my head.