News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of my "easy to do" Charger from HLPAG

Started by AirborneSilva, October 02, 2005, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

I agree with the rest of the guys-that car is too far gone to spend the time and money. I have a 69 383 G code car and have spent about 40K on it doing most of the work myself. It's taken me about 10 years too AND it was in better shape.

I'd get my money back (hopefully it can be done) and find a complete car in better shape.

Mike R in Reading PA

Brock Samson

I agree with the previous posts, that car is not worth the 40 K plus it's gonna taketo make a legit roadworthy R/T again...
the crooks said in their listing, and I quote,.. "an Easy Fix" "a Simple Fix".. show that to any bodyman and see what they say...
Then show it to a lawyer...
..and as regards HALPAG?... they're goin down...  :flame:

NHCharger

I followed your other thread but held back from saying anything until I saw some pics.
These pics made me sick to my stomach. I too agree with Daytona R/T SE.  You are going to spend a large pile of money to even make this "thing" a driver. Try your options with ebay or filing a complaint with the AG's office. I'd use a lawyer as a last resort, they will just suck more money out of your pocket. If you could get half your money back that would be better than nothing. I've seen cars in this shape sell at Carlisle for 3k.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

AirborneSilva

Quote from: NHCharger on October 02, 2005, 07:30:43 PM
I followed your other thread but held back from saying anything until I saw some pics.
These pics made me sick to my stomach. I too agree with Daytona R/T SE.   You are going to spend a large pile of money to even make this "thing" a driver. Try your options with ebay or filing a complaint with the AG's office. I'd use a lawyer as a last resort, they will just suck more money out of your pocket. If you could get half your money back that would be better than nothing. I've seen cars in this shape sell at Carlisle for 3k.

Yes, I'm afraid to go to a lawyer, the wife and I just don't have the money for that.  thanks to all for your replys.  I will be sending HLPAG an e-mail through e-bay and see what happens.  I will also follow the link to the better business bureau.  I will see about contacting the AG too, as stated we just don't have the money for an lawyer.

Silver R/T

shit that car is so rusted I would be afraid to touch it so it wont fall apart,
"trunk pan has been cut out" they ment rusted out ... take it back man
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BB1

Why did you deal with Hlpag, it's all over the internet how bad they are. I am sorry for your predicament.  :rotz:
A re-body is the best bet. That poor Charger is flatlined.-----------------------------------------------------------------
Delete my profile

AirborneSilva

I really don't want to start a pissing contest, that is not my intention since as you can tell I have enough problems, but I have some telling me that yes it will take work and money but it can be restored, now I have some telling me it's a total loss.  I am not a body and fender man so I don't know what to believe or think.   :-\

Troy

It *could* be made whole again. The question is: do you have the time, money, patience, skill, and/or connections to get it done? I've seen worse put back on the road but it does take a huge amount of work. If you had documentation and the numbers matching drivetrain then maybe you could come out all right in the end but it's a HUGE undertaking. Most people would part that car out - if there were any decent pieces left. Some people could manage to get it back together because they are skilled but they won't be paying labor to someone else do it. With hourly rates around $60-80 do you want to pay someone to weld in frame rails that will cost you $500 each? The metal alone will be in the thousands of dollars. With the money you'd put into the car by paying for the work you could just put it in the bank and buy a better car. I'd do everything possible to get rid of that thing before you get in too deep.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: cudahob3 on October 02, 2005, 09:05:02 PM
Why did you deal with Hlpag, it's all over the internet how bad they are. I am sorry for your predicament.  :rotz:
A re-body is the best bet. That poor Charger is flatlined.-----------------------------------------------------------------

Trust me, I wish I had found out about them too....  I also had a hell of a time finding this forum so how am I going to find out about these mother fuckers?  I'm sorry but I don't need to be told that I'm a dumb ass, I know that  :flame:

OldGuy

Airborne,
I don't think anybody here is calling you a dumb---.  I think you trusted these guys to deliver what they said they would.  I've trusted people in the past and have been burned, too. 

My motto now is:
"Trust But Verify"
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

BigBlockSam

you ain't no dumb ass, you got ripped off. has happened to me several times in my life. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

cudaken

God Tony, I wish I could tell you mine was worst than mine but I cannot. But by the time I was done cuuting mine up for the repair I was where you are now. Seems mother natuer did the cutting for you.

Quaters, well that is nothing and normal. Send me your number and I will do some calling and see if I can find you something that will fix the problem.

It rolled off, yoy have a Fork lift?   :icon_smile_big: :flame:

Send me there address as well, retired 18th Airborn and with in driving distances, well break in the 440 anyway.

FUCKING LEG's
                                                                                             Ken

It will be saved if you dont give up. Busting some jaws, well we will talk about that.
I am back

AirborneSilva

Quote from: cudaken on October 03, 2005, 12:00:54 AM
God Tony, I wish I could tell you mine was worst than mine but I cannot. But by the time I was done cuuting mine up for the repair I was where you are now. Seems mother natuer did the cutting for you.

Quaters, well that is nothing and normal. Send me your number and I will do some calling and see if I can find you something that will fix the problem.

It rolled off, yoy have a Fork lift?   :icon_smile_big: :flame:

Send me there address as well, retired 18th Airborn and with in driving distances, well break in the 440 anyway.

FUCKING LEG's
                                                                                             Ken

It will be saved if you dont give up. Busting some jaws, well we will talk about that.

Brother Airborne Troop, you and I know that LEG's are the lowest form of life on this planet and these bastards just proved it once again  :yesnod:

ramit

I hate to say this but I would not tackle that project even if the car was free!  I feel sorry for you.  I almost drove out there to look at a few chargers  about a year ago but luckily I found this site first.

67_Dodge_Charger

:o

That is a shame.  You spent a lot of money for a fender tag and vin.   :flame:

If all else fails look for a donor car.  I know of person that bought a solid car to replace the rotted car. The only good parts on his rotted car were the front fenders and hood.

Good Luck
Robert

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 67_Dodge_Charger on October 03, 2005, 10:41:52 AM
:o

That is a shame.   You spent a lot of money for a fender tag and vin.     :flame:

If all else fails look for a donor car.   I know of person that bought a solid car to replace the rotted car. The only good parts on his rotted car were the front fenders and hood.

Good Luck
Robert

I don't even have the fender tag, that has rusted off  >:(

bull

Unbelievable. :icon_smile_angry: I was going to say something like "not to bum you out but you'll be lucky to save that thing" and then I read what Daytona wrote. Yea, the car is not a goner but you're looking at some serious, serious body issues that are not easily or inexpensively fixed. If it were a Hemi car it would be a no-brainer, just because you could easily recoup your expenses or dump it if things got too deep. But a regular R/T is not nearly as valuable. Actually I think Daytona's $40k estimate is a pretty conservative number. Some very nice R/Ts are going for that but I'd say unless you know how to do all this stuff yourself you could run much higher than $40k.

I would contact every form of authority in and around Lake Villa, Ill. and maybe the feds in order to make life for the HLPAG people as miserable as possible. They are nothing but lying thieves, and that's been proven time and again on this site alone.

Old Moparz

I posted on the other thread with some ideas on documenting, & now that I've see the photos, I'll chime in with my opinion on the car. I would agree that it isn't worth fixing unless you can do the work yourself & have a parts car that is complete. That would mean that the parts car would need to be in better shape than this one. (Kind of counter productive, you think?) Like a few others have stated, I've parted & scrapped cars in better shape. There's nothing to add about telling you helpgagme in Lake Vulgar, Illinois are scum, but if you are saying you can't afford a lawyer, you can basically forget about the cost of trying to resurrect that rolling POS.

I know it's an R/T & somewhat desirable, but bailing on that car now & finding a better one to start with might be best. (That's what I would do, & have done.) Aside from the money, the time & energy that car needs will probably suck the life out of you quickly. Some things only you can answer are, what part of the restoration could you handle yourself? What kind of patience do you have? How much of the project will your wife be interested in? What kind of patience does your wife have if she isn't interested in the car? I'm not an expert on restoring cars or saving relationships, but I do know what my own limits are for both.

It might be difficult looking at that pile of rust for $5000 & bailing on it, but it might be taking one step backwards to take two steps forward. Both financially & motivationally.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

cudaken

I just looked up the cost of the frame rails from TEXAS ACRES. If you save this car the used one like I used would be the best bet. Said $100.00 to $275.00 so figuer with it being a Charger $275.00 plus shipping so figuer a nother $100.00.

Like I said when I did my Charger it took around 40 hours to install the frame rail's and new trunk floor. I reused my innner wheel well's, made patch's but in your case might want to add them to the list. Can you weld? Have a good air supply? Hardest part was cutting out all the spot welds from the doner parts.

Not going to try to talk you into saving the Charger but after doing my self it not that tuff. Not like you have to be a brain surgon. It like doing a detail model car, parts are just a little bigger! ;)

What do the front rail's look like and where the front bar's mount? My front rail's had some rust, but did not need to be replaced.

Ken
I am back

472 R/T SE

WOW.  I'm so sorry.  When is someone gonna lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  take care of these people.  They'll pay a price someday.  Carma's a bitch.
What pictures did they give you for the description before you bought it?  I'd be gathering all pre-auction advertisement.

oldsnofear

hey, i live in michigan and i seen a ad in the auto swapper for a 1969 charger from hlpag. they wanted 25000 for it and they wanted to ship it to me. but instead i drove 450 mi with my trailer and i was sick the cars they have there are junk i seen the car you bought there sorry these guys are justtrying to make a quick buck. if i would have had it shipped to me i probably would be in jail right now. I just joined this web site i wish i could have warned you guys sooner shawn

sharpspike

airborne what user name did they use on ebay. 

Recharger

They used the name vcode4406. ? The link to the auction is in the first post of this thread. ? http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3584.0.html

Airborne, I'm in the Chicago area, and if you need anything delivered or filed in-person with the BBB or whoever, let me know and I'll do what I can to help out. ? I'd love to see those bums burn.

AKcharger

Good luck sir, I hate to see that happen. I'd go after the false advertising about the trunk being "cut-out" that implies it was intentionally done to resore. Since it corroded out that is completely diffrent and fraudulent...you know I'm thinking of making up some HLPAG voodo dolls and selling them on e-bay, I bet I'd make a fortune!

kikgas01

holey crap man.sorry to hear that.Anytime a car is primer black I get to wondering because flat black hides alot again sorry to hear that.