News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ballast resistor bypass whit MSD 6AL

Started by greenrt_se, October 02, 2005, 11:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenrt_se

How to bypass ballast resistor,whit MSD 6al and dual field alternator ??? if possible can somebody make drawning
thanks

John_Kunkel

Just take the wires from each side of the ballast and splice them all together.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Chryco Psycho

the MSD will not affect the alternator circuits
the msd has a 12v power source & feeds the coil directly so no ballast is needed

greenrt_se

so I can connect those wires whitc are now connect in ballast,together??

Chryco Psycho

greenrt_se

I take that wire whitch coming from ign key to ballast,hook it straight to the msd box small red ,motor start and running ,but when I let key from start position,motor stop running

Chryco Psycho

you have the small red wire hooked to the double brown side of the ballast wire not the blue side wher it needs to be hooked too 

greenrt_se

cudaken

On my 68 Runner and 70 Cuda I left the ballast hooked in there stock locations. MSD has it on power supply wire but the ballast still power's the Dist.

Cuda Ken
I am back

phat69charger

greenrt_se

I take power to the MSD(small red) from IGN 1 (blue wire) I still have ballast in engine room (IGN 1 in driver side And IGN 2 passanger side)
earlier small red from MSD go IGN 2 and after I chance it to the IGN 1 and start the motor, idle speed whit 15deg initial was almost 2000rpm,so I
have to degrease initial to less than 10 degrees to get idle down ::)
next I maybe testing ignition system whit out 6AL box and just use MSD ready to run distributor only

Chryco Psycho

retarding the timing to reduce idle speed is the Wrong way , you need to reduce idle speed by adjusting the carb instead & leave the timing advanced

greenrt_se

idle speed screws (both) all way out= blades in carb full closeth.no help, idle allmost 2000rpm,cover carb, motor die,probaply no vaacum leak,vaakum is 14"

greenrt_se

Quote from: greenrt_se on October 11, 2005, 12:34:56 PM
idle speed screws (both) all way out= blades in carb full closeth.no help, idle allmost 2000rpm,cover carb, motor die,probaply no vaacum leak,vaakum is 14"

and maybe that is reason why intake is so damn hot (retarted timing)

Chryco Psycho

you have a vacuum leak somewhwere , under the intake , port left open on the carb , internal booster leak ...... start searching

greenrt_se

vaacum is steady 14" and can`t be in brake booster,I have a hydroboost ;D
but I checking again around carb and intake