News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what looks better???

Started by charger_cody, April 23, 2009, 02:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

I am painting my interior, so what looks better, the gloss vynil paint, or the flat black?

No one ever answers me in the interior section  :'(

Cody

captnsim

Use dye not paint...Satin if you can find it.

skip68

:yesnod:   SEM interior paint is the way to go. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

charger_cody

Quote from: captnsim on April 23, 2009, 02:42:54 PM
Use dye not paint...Satin if you can find it.
My bad i ment to mention its my door panels.

Its plastic i think.

Cody

Ghoste

Quote from: charger_cody on April 23, 2009, 02:41:17 PMNo one ever answers me in the interior section  :'(
Cody

Patience grasshopper, you only asked the question 23 hours ago.  The world isn't as instant as the internet makes us believe sometimes.  And Skip gave the answer, use the SEM stuff.

charger_cody

Ok i went to my local paint store and they gave me this can of paint that is "Fabric and vinyl" rust-oleum stuff.

They told me that this is my best choice.

Does auto zone sell REM?

Dont forget that the piece im painting is plastic.

Cody

skip68

You can get SEM at CarQuest and some paint stores.  It is better than the rust-o-crap.   It is more money though, about $12-$13 a can but well worth it.  I did mine and it looks great.  :yesnod:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

General_01

Guys, just so you know, I think Cody has a '71 Charger. The door panels are two part. The upper is vinyl and the lower section is plastic. Just thought I would point that out so you could give an informed answer. I have not redone my door panels so I have no experience to share Cody. Good luck.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Back N Black

Quote from: General_01 on April 23, 2009, 04:44:30 PM
Guys, just so you know, I think Cody has a '71 Charger. The door panels are two part. The upper is vinyl and the lower section is plastic. Just thought I would point that out so you could give an informed answer. I have not redone my door panels so I have no experience to share Cody. Good luck.

Like stated above the SEM vinyl dye is good for the vinyl and plastic parts. It's the only dye that i will use. :Twocents:

General_01

Quote from: Back N Black on April 23, 2009, 06:43:24 PM
Quote from: General_01 on April 23, 2009, 04:44:30 PM

Like stated above the SEM vinyl dye is good for the vinyl and plastic parts. It's the only dye that i will use. :Twocents:

Thanks BnB. :2thumbs: I have not used any of the products. I just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

charger_cody

OK so i went Ala over trying to find REM but couldn't so the only other choice i had was to order it. So i said screw and painted it.

It came out better than what most people said it would. But if it cracks or flakes away, i will def go with skip and order the REM paint.

Thanks for the impute boys.

Cody

NHCharger

I painted mine with the paint made for vinyl. This was eight years ago, long before this forum was around. Yes it looks great but it will scratch very easily.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

BROCK

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

charger_cody

ChgrSteve67

Clean the surface first (Water and mild soap) and dry.

Then spray on some Adhesion Promoter (I used BullDog)
http://www.levineautoparts.com/buladprom.html

Then color the surface.
Here is a pic of the stuff I used.

Best if you do it when its fairly warm and you can let it dry really good in the sun.

charger_cody

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on April 28, 2009, 12:10:44 AM
Clean the surface first (Water and mild soap) and dry.

Then spray on some Adhesion Promoter (I used BullDog)
http://www.levineautoparts.com/buladprom.html

Then color the surface.
Here is a pic of the stuff I used.

Best if you do it when its fairly warm and you can let it dry really good in the sun.

Thanks buddy  :cheers:  :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on April 28, 2009, 12:10:44 AM

I don't know about that one. You're just asking for bugs to land and get stuck in your wet dye.

ChgrSteve67

The spray dye above is dry to the touch in just a few minutes but it stays somewhat tacky for a while.  Not as long if you can leave it in the sun.

I glad to say that where I live there is not a major bug problem.

I guess you could also put it under a flood light or heat lamp.