News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GO CHIEFS !! Other team talks welcomed.

Started by ACUDANUT, December 03, 2007, 05:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ACUDANUT

I was hoping for a better show.  :shruggy:  I can't believe Manning never got touched.  :brickwall:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 18, 2013, 01:48:28 PM
I was hoping for a better show.  :shruggy:  I can't believe Manning never got touched.  :brickwall:

I'm starting to worry about the pass rush.  The last few games now they haven't been able to get after the QB.  I don't know whether teams are preparing better or if Hali/Houston are starting to wear down?

I was impressed that we were able to hang with them.  Honestly I thought it might be a blow out but I have a feeling the game gave them the confidence to take them on in 2 weeks.  Sandy Eggo is no slouch.

472 R/T SE

Does Oakland have a QB controversy? 
I was surprised they cut their #4 rd. QB T. Wilson.
They gave up a 1st & 2nd for Palmer & then let him go with a trade of 6th & 7th picks w/ Arizona
They gave up a 5th for Matt Flynn & cut him.
So for those keeping track at home.  That's a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th & exchange of 6th & 7th round picks.  None of those corresponding QBs are on the roster now, wow.  I take that back, they resigned Wilson only cause no other team put a claim in for him. 
Sure looks like the old man is still alive.   ;)
They're not the team of old but some of their moves are.

67440chrg

No matter what happens from here on we have more wins than I expected at the first of the year.

Budnicks

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 18, 2013, 01:48:28 PM
yeah me too, maybe too conservative.... Andy Reid has had a history of not winning the big games, in Philly too, he lost 4 of 5 NFC Championships, lost the Super bowl, but he won with Green Bay under Holmgren, but that wasn't his scheme it was Holmgren's... Remember this is the 1st team "with a winning record they/KC have played so far too" & I can't wait for the rematch @ Arrowhead where they will have a distinct home field NOISE advantage....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 18, 2013, 04:42:38 PM

Does Oakland have a QB controversy?  
I was surprised they cut their #4 rd. QB T. Wilson.
They gave up a 1st & 2nd for Palmer & then let him go with a trade of 6th & 7th picks w/ Arizona
They gave up a 5th for Matt Flynn & cut him.
So for those keeping track at home.  That's a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th & exchange of 6th & 7th round picks.  None of those corresponding QBs are on the roster now, wow.  I take that back, they resigned Wilson only cause no other team put a claim in for him.  
Sure looks like the old man is still alive.   ;)
They're not the team of old but some of their moves are.
McGloin played well, it was a win at-least, but Pryor is the better QB, remember it was a only another 3 win team Houston, they got the win over, at-least the Chargers lost, so it's still a race for the Raiders, both still only 4-6, I can't believe they are all still in the play off hunt, with as many teams under 0.500 record this season... parody or mediocrity in the NFL today

BB1

How bout them CHARGERS  :slap:

Great game

BB's home town San Diegooo!
Delete my profile

ACUDANUT

Damn. I thought we had it.
No one in San Diego is from San Diego. :Twocents:

nvrbdn

come on brady. yuk, i hate that coming out of my mouth. oh, it came out of my fingers. :rofl:come on brady.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

ok, how mant points does brady think he needs to spot the donkeys before he starts moving his team? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

67440chrg

I did not like the out come but it was a good game. 8 or 9 lead changes. Our offence was ok but lost our 2 most important defense players. I am hoping for the best next week.

ACUDANUT

nvrbdn

yep, im rooting for the raiders to kick the cowboy butts. glad to see them move the ball for their second td. then have to get the score on 3rd down. :2thumbs: hope they can hold on to it. :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

Dallas won that one. Romo looked good, but he is not always dependable.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 29, 2013, 10:24:01 AM
raiders faded away :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
yep my lowly Raiders blew yet another early lead  :brickwall: , kind of like the 3 losses in a row for KC, I'm bummed as hell... oh well

nvrbdn

chiefs should get back to their winning ways this weekend :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Budnicks on December 07, 2013, 12:42:53 AM
Quote from: nvrbdn on November 29, 2013, 10:24:01 AM
raiders faded away :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
yep my lowly Raiders blew yet another early lead  :brickwall: , kind of like the 3 losses in a row for KC, I'm bummed as hell... oh well

Let's not get carried away, keep the comparisons strictly to W & Ls'.    ;)

The fact we've both lost 3 are the only similarities.  

I realize Pryor's coming back this week & that's liable to get their fans excited but...   :D

I don't know if I didn't quite hear it correctly but on NFL Network the other day they said the Fade had like 70 million in cap space available.   Whatever the # was, they said the Fade would have the most $$ to spend next season.
This is the 1st year the new CBA mandated that teams spend their entire cap worth...save for like 5%.  

Pioli wasn't spending any of Hunt's money.  Why, I don't know?

472 R/T SE

Anyone watch the pre-game from the last KC/Denver game where Pioli was hosting.  I was frickin' livid.  He was on there taking credit for the success of the team this year, enough to make a person sick to their stomach.  He had a few hits but Herm/Carl Peterson & Bill Kularich built the core of this team.
Remember Pioli's first year?  He was hired towards the end (hiring season) so the selection of coaches wasn't the greatest.  Anyhoots, Peeholy fired the entire scouting department along with all their years of research, etc.  He used whatever information he was able to get from the scouts he hired over from the Patriots. 
C'mon man, different team/schemes/players', etc.
He kept trying to turn everything into Patriots West.   ::)

Brandon Albert & Justin Houston are out for Sunday's gig.  That's got to make Alex Smith a little apprehensive not having his normal blindside protector playing.  To top it off, Ryan Kerrigan & Brian Orakpo are 2 formidable pass rushers'.
I can't look past this game.  Not the way the secondary has let even the cheerleaders' catch colds'.  Dorsey went out & got at the time, 3 starting cornerbacks this last offseason strictly to help defend against Manning & Rivers.  It doesn't look like it's working.

The Chiefs forum I frequent is in love with Brandon Flowers.  He's just not getting it done.  He's been overrated for quite some time now.  Dorsey likes big CBs' so his days might be numbered although his contract was reworked making him almost impossible to release or trade now.
Next offseason...another CB & a warm body would most likely outperform Kendrick Lewis.

Budnicks

I know how some of you guys KC Fans, especial a couple here, like to bash a guy when he's down, no sportsmanship what so ever, all heated rivalry aside, it's now Raiders week let the bashing begin, I only hope my lowly Raiders can play spoiler &/or at-least give the Chiefs a goods game, not let them walk over us in the Oakland's Black Hole/Coliseum, to an automatic playoff bid... OK let the heartless bashing begin, I know a couple here, really really want to, even thou the Chiefs haven't beaten any teams with a winning record yet this season  :Twocents: , there you go, I got the un-sportsmanship vial like jabs started...  :brickwall: I couldn't resist...LOL... On a side note, McGloin looked pretty good, even thou they lost & they say he will start Sunday & that Pryor will only be in on select plays...

nvrbdn

if we only beat the teams with loosing records, i guess the raiders will be a gimmy. :nana:

ok i joined the party. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

Sportsmanship?   Really?

KC & Oakland always play each other hard.  I'm not taking anything for granted let alone a "my team's better than yours" mentality.  Quite the opposite, I'm the first to disparage my team.

As far as playing no one with a winning record?  That's on the NFL & their attempt @ parity.  
News flash:  The teams with the worst record the year before have some of the easiest schedules the next year.

How many teams with winning records did these 1st place teams play?  Hmmm, I wonder if that has anything to do with them being in 1st?

Denver 2
New England 3
Detroit 1
Philadelphia 3
New Orleans 4
Bengals 3
Colts 4

ACUDANUT

"We only beat the teams with loosing records"  Did you forget last years record ?  It's not our fault we have a good team this year.  The only team we seem to have a problem with is Denver.