News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GROUP BUY new hood ind lights from B/E&A !! Nice !!! Take a look!

Started by Charger-Bodie, December 09, 2007, 11:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Rocky

Hemidog

BEAPARTS

Quote from: Hemidog on December 13, 2007, 04:07:57 AM
i second that!

Ok, I'm in the Christmas spirit.  THIS WEEK ONLY!!!!! Price reduced on an already fair price for the 68-69 Charger hood marker light assemblies #252-CH68 for $175. 

One condition:

When you call for ordering you MUST say "HI I'M SANTA'S LITTLE HELPER", if you don't, then forget the discount!! 
I'm in the shop now waiting for all Santa's little helpers to call.

Michael C. Ross
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

Hemidog

Will you have an online store/ebay store going at anytime?
i live outside the US, so it's a little hard for me to order over the phone.

HITMAN 149

i just got off the phone with SANTA and mine are all ordered!!!!!!!!!!!  :2thumbs:
thanks santa mike!!!  :cheers:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

resq302

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 10, 2007, 06:44:51 PM
Quote from: resq302 on December 10, 2007, 03:53:43 PM
Michael, is there a chance that your company will be making the rubber boot that the wire goes through and goes over the socket and housing?  Not that our cars will see any kind of rain or bad weather, but I think that is why Mopar had them installed, to prevent any rusting of the socket and housing.

Rubber boot? Did we miss something?  I want to know, I want answers now!  Just kidding, if there is a boot on the wire I would need one.  The set 1HOT68 gave me didn't have the boot.

These are the rubber boots that are on mine.  They have some dry rot and cracks in them so I would assume that they are original.  I also found a picture in the Chrysler parts book that does not show the rubber boot.  As weird as it sounds, I want to say that these rubber boots were supposed to be on the assembly just because of the way they are formed and contoured to the socket and wire.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

justin1987

In the first picture of the reproduction blinkers it looks like the lense is yellow. Is it just a bad picture because I thought it was suppose to be an orange color?  :shruggy:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: justin1987 on December 13, 2007, 06:05:54 PM
In the first picture of the reproduction blinkers it looks like the lense is yellow. Is it just a bad picture because I thought it was suppose to be an orange color?  :shruggy:

its an illusion, they are lighter orange than the others being repoped ,but the others are too orange compared too the originals. these look right to me :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BEAPARTS

Quote from: resq302 on December 13, 2007, 04:45:20 PM
Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 10, 2007, 06:44:51 PM
Quote from: resq302 on December 10, 2007, 03:53:43 PM
Michael, is there a chance that your company will be making the rubber boot that the wire goes through and goes over the socket and housing?  Not that our cars will see any kind of rain or bad weather, but I think that is why Mopar had them installed, to prevent any rusting of the socket and housing.

Rubber boot? Did we miss something?  I want to know, I want answers now!  Just kidding, if there is a boot on the wire I would need one.  The set 1HOT68 gave me didn't have the boot.

These are the rubber boots that are on mine.  They have some dry rot and cracks in them so I would assume that they are original.  I also found a picture in the Chrysler parts book that does not show the rubber boot.  As weird as it sounds, I want to say that these rubber boots were supposed to be on the assembly just because of the way they are formed and contoured to the socket and wire.

If we can verify that the rubber boot is correct, would the market bare the additional expense for the lights if the lights were $225 per pair with them?  If the major acceptance is that it is correct either way should they be made?  Personally, I don't think so.  Based on some of the posts, the general consensus is the price is already to high even though the part is made correctly from the original materials unlike others available in the market that cost more.

The next comment will be "offer the boot separately". Well, if we did that, could we sell enough of them to justify the cost to make them since we can't offer them with the assemblies due to the added cost associated with doing that.

Guys, I pay up for everything I own because that's my choice to do so. Being on the consumer side, we have all the financial power in the world.  However, on the business side, you have to make a decision how far you go and still be able to sell a product.  So if the market attitude is the value doesn't justify the cost then why add more of it.

As a company, we are here to service you the very best we can uncompromisingly.  A customer doesn't have a problem until I tell them they do.  Everyone makes mistakes, heck, I remember one I made last year.  Seriously, a quality company is judged on how they handle adversity and their growth comes from repeat customers.  People will, usually, only let you screw them once and before you know it you're out of business.

Thoughts?

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

BEAPARTS

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on December 13, 2007, 01:06:49 PM
i just got off the phone with SANTA and mine are all ordered!!!!!!!!!!!  :2thumbs:

Hey HITMAN,

Studs installed, bulbs tested and will ship today to "Santa's little helper".  Thx for the opportunity.

Mike

resq302

Mike,

I agree with everything that you said.  Whether or not that rubber boot is supposed to be there?  I can not say 100%.  Apperance wise on the socket, it seems to make sense that it would be there to prevent exposure to the elements and moisture as water seemed to leak down past the lens and "drain" into the engine in the hood depression areas.  IF you can make the boots separately, I would certainly be in for two sets (always love to have a spare).  If you do decide to go ahead and make them, please let me know and I will be more than happy to send you mine, as long as I do not have any shows to be attending while it is off.

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

HITMAN 149

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 14, 2007, 05:49:48 AM
Quote from: HITMAN 149 on December 13, 2007, 01:06:49 PM

Hey HITMAN,

Studs installed, bulbs tested and will ship today to "Santa's little helper".  Thx for the opportunity.

Mike

excellent!!! :drool5:
i got the shipping tracking email!!  :cheers:
thanks santa mike!!!  :2thumbs:
as a first time customer.. i must say, so far i'm impressed with mike's cust svc & friendliness, and i look forward to doing business with him again in the near future!!!!!
:cheers:
-john
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

justin1987

My dad ordered our set this morning with the Santa's Helper discount.  :cheers:

BEAPARTS

Quote from: justin1987 on December 14, 2007, 01:58:51 PM
My dad ordered our set this morning with the Santa's Helper discount.  :cheers:

All "Santas little helpers" that ordered lights will have them in time for Christmas, they all shipped today.

BEAPARTS

Quote from: resq302 on December 14, 2007, 08:40:30 AM
Mike,

I agree with everything that you said.  Whether or not that rubber boot is supposed to be there?  I can not say 100%.  Apperance wise on the socket, it seems to make sense that it would be there to prevent exposure to the elements and moisture as water seemed to leak down past the lens and "drain" into the engine in the hood depression areas.  IF you can make the boots separately, I would certainly be in for two sets (always love to have a spare).  If you do decide to go ahead and make them, please let me know and I will be more than happy to send you mine, as long as I do not have any shows to be attending while it is off.

Brian

Brian,

Let me start by saying I am in no way an expert and don't claim to be, there is enough of them already.  I would guess the boots were added to the lights for service replacements after figuring out there was a failure problem with water getting into the light socket which it will without the boot. Are the lights you have on the car NOS?  If so, many service replacement parts were made well after the production run of the car. 

Are there any authorities on DC that can verify the boot being on a production vehicle?  Any survivors with the boot?

Mike

Blakcharger440

resq302

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 14, 2007, 06:54:33 PM
Quote from: resq302 on December 14, 2007, 08:40:30 AM
Mike,

Brian

Brian,

Let me start by saying I am in no way an expert and don't claim to be, there is enough of them already.  I would guess the boots were added to the lights for service replacements after figuring out there was a failure problem with water getting into the light socket which it will without the boot. Are the lights you have on the car NOS?  If so, many service replacement parts were made well after the production run of the car. 

Are there any authorities on DC that can verify the boot being on a production vehicle?  Any survivors with the boot?

Mike

Mike,

I do not know if the directional lights are NOS or not as they were with the car when I got it back in 2000.  If there are any survivors out there, hopefully they can chime in and help out.  Although, with mine showing their age if they are service replacements, I would doubt that any survivors rubber boot would be in any better condition than what mine are.

Brian
Brian

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ding, ding DING!!!  we have a winner here!

back in '05 I filmed some refrence footage of an unrestored original 69 Hemi Charger (built at the St. Louis plant)

Hopefully all can see this....took me a while to figure out how to do a screen grab of a DVD & make a postable pic out of it....its a .PNG format

She's got boots captain!

EDIT----had to snap a pic of my screen....sorry for the quality
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

justin1987

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 14, 2007, 10:03:43 PM

back in '05 I filmed some refrence footage of an unrestored original 69 Hemi Charger (built at the St. Louis plant)

Hopefully all can see this....took me a while to figure out how to do a screen grab of a DVD 7 make a postable pic out of it....its a .PNG format

She's got boots captain!

All I see is a black square.  :shruggy:

Troy

Quote from: justin1987 on December 14, 2007, 11:53:07 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 14, 2007, 10:03:43 PM

Hopefully all can see this....took me a while to figure out how to do a screen grab of a DVD & make a postable pic out of it....its a .PNG format

She's got boots captain!

All I see is a black square.  :shruggy:
Yep. :iagree:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TUFCAT

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 13, 2007, 06:49:59 AM

Ok, I'm in the Christmas spirit.  THIS WEEK ONLY!!!!! Price reduced on an already fair price for the 68-69 Charger hood marker light assemblies #252-CH68 for $175. 

One condition:

When you call for ordering you MUST say "HI I'M SANTA'S LITTLE HELPER", if you don't, then forget the discount!! 
I'm in the shop now waiting for all Santa's little helpers to call.

Wow...here's a real Mopar guy into the Christmas Spirit!  God bless ya, Mike.  :2thumbs:

resq302

Wow,  seems like I have a real rare piece on my car then. :2thumbs:  Now only if we can get someone to repro them..... :scratchchin:
Brian

bill440rt

Greetings from the "North Pole", Mike!! Glad I could be your "Santa's Lil' Helper", but more grateful for the price break you've given us members here. I can't wait to get my set, thanks for sending them out so quickly.

BTW, I still feel a little "guilty" about getting this group buy ball rolling, ok maybe just a tad.  NOT!!!  :2thumbs:

Thanks again, really. Great talking to you. I look forward to ALL the new products you have coming out, your secret is safe with me! (I'll let you have the honors!).  :icon_smile_big:

PS - Now, if only we can get a group buy going on the upper door pads, hmmm....   :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce